Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Once an order is placed, it is final.

Once you place your order with us -- through the web site, by mail or through CcNow -- it is final. No swap outs, no substitutions, no add-on's, no combining orders. I hate to do this, but it has caused far too many problems and is slowing up the packing and shipping process terribly. We do not have the manpower to cross-reference everything, and since every third order required some sort of post-order alteration... we were running into too many problems.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

This is being copied to the forum Announcements and will appear on the site tonight.

I do have one question, Beth hun. What if .. as in one of my most recent orders ... a customer calculates something into their order .. pays for it, but forgets to note an item into the notes field (this could only happen in PayPal, I believe). Would an email .. within say 24 hours or whatever .. be sufficient to clear up that little snafu?

I do have one question, Beth hun.  What if .. as in one of my most recent orders ... a customer calculates something into their order .. pays for it, but forgets to note an item into the notes field (this could only happen in PayPal, I believe).  Would an email .. within say 24 hours or whatever .. be sufficient to clear up that little snafu?

Then, of course, please let us know. =)

The perils of using PayPal. =(

Can we change the shipping address if it turns out that I may be out of town when I expect the Lab to start shipping out orders from that date?

as a failsafe, go to the post office and pick up a mail forwarding card :P there's a checkmark for temporary moves.

Probably a silly question, but does this include the following situation;

I placed an order the last full moon, I am not wanting to change the order at all, but I would live the drippers put in (do they still do this on request?) Is it too late to ask if they will still do this or does that count as an order change?

Probably a silly question, but does this include the following situation;

I placed an order the last full moon, I am not wanting to change the order at all, but I would live the drippers put in (do they still do this on request?) Is it too late to ask if they will still do this or does that count as an order change?

Reducers? I don't know if they'll be able to, but it wouldn't hurt to email answers (at) blackphoenixalchemylab (dot) com and ask. The worst that can happen is that they say they don't have reducers anymore or can't get your order out of the queue...and in that case, there are probably more than a few forumites who could help you out in getting some reducers and caps to swap yours out with. :P

I placed an order yesterday that included an LE bottle that I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get from another forum member. The purchase went through, and now I'm going to have a second bottle. I ordered through CCNow, and I want to know if I can just cancel my order entirely and re-place my order minus the bottle I no longer need.

If your order through CCNow hasn't gone through yet, you should be able to cancel it directly through them.

Okay, I have a question, and I hope it's okay to ask it here. (Mods, please slap me if it's not.)

I put one 5mL of Luperci, one 5mL of Old Dublin, and one 5mL of Smut in my cart, and chose my shipping options. I was waffling on a bottle of Red Lantern, too, so I let it sit for a while... and when I came back? It said "Thank you for your order".

Me: :P

So I went back and the shopping cart was showing TWO 5mLs of Smut and Luperci apiece (but only one Dublin!) Now, I didn't provide my credit card info or my shipping address, so I assume there's no way I can be billed (right? Right?) But I hope the Labbies aren't pestered with a blank order or some such... has anyone else had this happen? Is there anything I need to do? Is there a way to "cancel" a blank order like this?

Okay, I have a question, and I hope it's okay to ask it here. (Mods, please slap me if it's not.)

I put one 5mL of Luperci, one 5mL of Old Dublin, and one 5mL of Smut in my cart, and chose my shipping options. I was waffling on a bottle of Red Lantern, too, so I let it sit for a while... and when I came back? It said "Thank you for your order".

Me: :P

So I went back and the shopping cart was showing TWO 5mLs of Smut and Luperci apiece (but only one Dublin!) Now, I didn't provide my credit card info or my shipping address, so I assume there's no way I can be billed (right? Right?) But I hope the Labbies aren't pestered with a blank order or some such... has anyone else had this happen? Is there anything I need to do? Is there a way to "cancel" a blank order like this?

i don't know about the "thank you for your order page" - maybe a default/placeholder page?

but the double quantities happen sometimes when a shopping cart site "remembers" what you put in the cart last time you added things. if you didn't put in credit card numbers and addresses you didn't actually place an order, no information was actually processed, and no one was pestered. make sure what you want for sure is in your cart in the right quantity (you can change the amount manually) and then finish the checkout process. yay order!

or if you have a paypal balance you can order through paypal, be sure to type your order into the comments section of the send payment page.

hope that helps!

Thanks crescentwench, I feel much better. It was the double 5mLs thing that freaked me out, I know the site remember and I had been careful to only click once.

Oh well. Chalk it up to a freak Firefox accident. :P

*nods*

I've noticed the "thank you for your order" thing...I think it comes up any time you hit "continue shopping" in CCNow instead of using the back button.

I hope this is the right place to post this, as it's very similar to WidgetAlley's question.

I placed an order with the lab last night. When I put the order through, I wrote down the total with shipping and what I had ordered in my ledger book. I order 1 lunacy, 1 salon, and 1 GC scent.

This morning when I checked my email, I looked over the CCNOW confirmation message, and it listed the lunacy bottle, 2 of the GC scent, and no salon, with a completely different total.

I've got no problem with the order - I don't mind having an extra bottle of the GC on hand to gift out, and I can always order the salon scent another time.

But I am a little concerned that the shopping cart feature and order page are displaying one thing as my final order, and CCNOW is billing for another.

I haven't seen much talk on the forum about this happening, so I doubt it's a glitch in the website.

Could it be a problem with my cookie setting? I use Firefox on a windows box. I allow cookies but clear the private data cache daily.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

edited to mention that after there has been an update, I sometimes have to refresh the page several time, so it probably has something to do with my browser or network settings.

Edited by crimescenecleanup

CSC - since it sounds like that was a problem with the shopping cart, and not you suddenly deciding that you wanted something added or subtracted, I'd email answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com ASAP and I'm sure they'll do everything they can to fix the problem.

I just ordered 7 bottles but i forgot 1 to add is there a chance that this will be added if i email bpal?

It was through paypal :/ darn them

Did you pay for 8 bottles but only list 7 in your order? If so, definitely email answers (at) blackphoenixalchemylab (dot) com and explain the situation; I'm sure they can help you!

However, if you paid for 7 bottles, listed 7 bottles, and now want to add and pay for 1 more bottle, the policy established by Beth in the first post in this thread is still valid:

Once you place your order with us -- through the web site, by mail or through CcNow -- it is final. No swap outs, no substitutions, no add-on's, no combining orders.

Um i'm not sure now wether i included my shipping address in my paypal order :blush: i'm so used to ebay where the address is just sent automatically with any order. Do i get a mail if they didn't get it or can i mail them myself?

Um i'm not sure now wether i included my shipping address in my paypal order :blush: i'm so used to ebay where the address is just sent automatically with any order. Do i get a mail if they didn't get it or can i mail them myself?

You can email the Lab anytime. :D

You can email them, and include the transaction ID# but I wouldn't start worrying if you don't hear back from them. It most likely means they did get your address after all. :)

Monday - PayPal will automatically include your shipping details with the payment information that gets sent to the Lab, that happens with all payments you send - not just with eBay - so you don't need to worry.

To double-check, take a look at the email you would have received from PayPal when you sent your payment - it will have your shipping details on there, so if that's your correct address then you'll be OK. But if you're still worried, an email to the Lab will confirm it for you :smile:

However, if you have any old addresses in it it may default to those. So if you've moved make sure to check.