Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ladymissspyder

Creating BPAL Gift Packs with a Theme

For Snow White's evil queen, I'd say Peacock Queen due to this

evil_queen.jpg

I don't know if you can see it clearly enough, but it's a peacock throne.

Edited for general ignorance of how to post a picture. Argh.

Edited by Alethia

Hmm, do you want scents that an evil queen would wear, or scents based on historical/literary ladies? Either way, I think the Diabolus category has a lot of great options for this theme! Maleficent is probably my top pick for an evil queen/sorceress, and I could see her wearing one of the Ars Draconis scents, like Dragon's Reverie: Opium-laced dreams of flame, plunder, power and fury: dragon’s blood resin, poppy, amber and ylang ylang. Another one that springs to mind is the White Witch from the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Maybe Baobhan Sith for her: Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger.

Then you have real-life villainess Elizabeth Bathory, represented by Blood Countess: corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry.

Don't forget Wicked - dedicated to all those characters right in the copy! "A paean to all the Wicked Queens, Evil Stepmothers, and other misunderstood villainesses throughout history and lore. Lends an aura of majesty, refinement, strength, and a deep, brooding malice. A sophisticated, womanly scent: rich myrrh and jasmine draped in the subtlest rose."

Just bumping this up, since so many of us are planning out our holiday shopping lists. Give yer friends some BPAL!

I'm planning on making my second order from the lab sometime soon and at the moment I'm only trying imps. I have an odd habit where I group things in my head thematically so they have a kind of story to them. It is based entirely on the Title/Description of the perfume, not on the scent description, and only includes impable GC ones. I know this is kind of weird. I do it a lot. Here are some groups I've made. I'd love suggestions to help complete groups, or suggestions for new groups!

Angel Imp Pack: Wings of Azrael, Nephilim, Seraphim, Destroying Angel, Dee, Ave Maria Gratia Plena. (Completed!)

Feline Imp Pack: Schrodinger's Cat, Cheshire Cat, Black Cat, Hellcat, The Lion, Bastet. (Completed!)

Canine Imp Pack: Loup Garou, Fenris Wolf, Wolf's Heart, Coyote, Anubis, Wolf's Bane. (Completed!)

Wiccan Imp Pack: Bewitched, Incantation, Spellbound, Arcana, Hemlock, Death Cap. (Completed!)

Underworld Imp Pack: Lampades, Tavern of Hell, Sheol, Hades, Magmell, Thanatos. (Completed!)

Pirate Imp Pack: Anne Bonny, Calico Jack, Mary Read, Grog, Plunder, Port Royal. (Completed! other possibilities: Jolly Roger, Black Pearl)

New Orleans Imp Pack: New Orleans, Bayou, Jazz Funeral, Baron Samedi, Voodoo, French Love. (Completed! other possibilities: Elegba, Crossroads, Zombi)

Fae Imp Pack: Aeval, Dana O'Shee, Fae, Leanan Sidhe, Elf, Pontarlier. (Completed! other possibilities: Oberon, Absinthe, Titania)

Old France Imp Pack: Belle Epoque, Grand Guignol, Catherine, Marie, Paris, Versailles. (Completed! other possibilities: Bon Vivant)

Biblical Mythology Imp Pack: Bathsheba, Queen of Sheba, Eden, Sacred Whore of Babylon, The Apple of Sodom, The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. (Completed! other possibilities: Jezebel, Lilith, Gomorrah and 'Come and See' scents)

Norse Mythology Imp Pack: Fenris Wolf, Odin, Skuld, Urd, Verdandi, Brisingamen. (Completed! other possibilities: Yggdrasil)

Lucifer Imp Pack: Fallen, Old Scratch, Red Devil, The Jersey Devil, Kill-Devil, ?

Arthurian Imp Pack: Lady of Shalott, Tintagel, Morgause, Lyonesse, ??

Sorceress Imp Pack: Jezebel, Morgause, Medea, Hecate, ??

Edit: Added packs, added recommendations.

If you have any suggestions for these, or even any groups of your own then I'd love to hear them!

Thanks!

Edited by Scorianelle

Angel: Ave Maria Gratia Plena

Wolf/Dog: Coyote

Cat: The Lion

New Orleans: The Conjure Bag oils... there are several

How about Fallen for the Angels.....and

New Orleans maybe add Van Van or any of the other Conjure Bag scents,

Feline I would add Bastet,

For the wolf/dog you could add Wolf's Heart...

As well as a nifty way to organize scents, it is fun to create theme packs for ensnaring, enabling, gifts for our friends! :lol:

Morgause (Bewitching Brews) belongs in your King Arthur set!

EDIT: Anubis, also, for the canine group.

Edited by bellumed

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! These are great, please keep them coming. I'd love some theme suggestions as well!

New Orleans: The Conjure Bag oils... there are several

How about Fallen for the Angels.....and

New Orleans maybe add Van Van or any of the other Conjure Bag scents,

I feel like I can't pick any of the conjure bag oils for 'New Orleans' because their titles/descriptions aren't specific enough to my theme. Likewise for Fallen; I see it as more of a 'Devil/Lucifer' scent. It could, however, go in it's own category... hmmm...

Lucifer Imp Pack: Fallen, Old Scratch, Red Devil, ???

Edited by Scorianelle

I absolutely ADORE how you group things!!!! It's not weird at all! It is awesome!!!! :wub2:

Thank you for saying so! :D

New Orleans Imp pack: New Orleans, Bayou, Jazz Funeral, Baron Samedi, Voodoo, ?

Can't have Vodou without Elegba, he who opens the way.

Merfolk Imp Pack: The Deep Ones, Siren, Y'ha-Nthlei, Yemaya, Olokun, Egle

Decadence in Powdered Wigs Imp Pack: Libertine, Vicomte de Valmont, Marie, Versailles, Marquise de Merteuil, Casanova

Lucifer Imp Pack: Fallen, Old Scratch, Red Devil, ???

... Old Demons of the First Class, Brimstone, and Sin? :)

And I like the idea of the themed packs!

It'd also be pretty easy to do a pirate theme... Anne Bonny, Calico Jack, Jolly Roger, Black Pearl, Blood Pearl, Mary Read?

Edited by Dusk

You could also add Plunder or Port Royal to the pirate pack instead of one of the Pearls.

Oldest Profession Imp Pack: Bien Loin D'Ici, Bordello, Harlot, Hetairae, Mata Hari, Sacred Whore of Babylon

Precious Stones Imp Pack: Black Pearl, Blood Pearl, Roses Pearls & Diamonds, Les Bijoux, El Dorado, Brisingamen

Vampire Imp Pack: Lucy's Kiss, Blood Countess, Dracul, Nosferatu, Blood, Twilight

Norse Mythology Imp Pack: Fenris Wolf, Odin, Yggdrasil, Brisingamen, Raven, Troll

New Orleans: How about Crossroads, Deep in Earth, or Zombi? Or any of the Conjure Bag scents.

Canine: Wolfsbane?

Arthurian: Fae? Or Oberon was sometimes said to be the son of Morgan Le Fay.

Witch Imp Pack: Bewitched, Wicked, Black Cat, Baba Yaga, Medea, Morgause

Wizard Imp Pack: Arcana, Dee, Incantation, Magus, Odin, Mage

Fair Folk Imp Pack: Aeval, Fae, Elf, Leanan Sidhe, Oberon, Titania

Thanks for all these great ideas guys! I've got heaps of new packs now (as you can see I updated my list).

Old Demons of the First Class, Brimstone, and Sin? :)

It'd also be pretty easy to do a pirate theme... Anne Bonny, Calico Jack, Jolly Roger, Black Pearl, Blood Pearl, Mary Read?

I like Old Demons, but the crazy-rules-in-my-head say that it has to specifically have the Devil/Beezlebub/Lucifer somewhere. I did put up a version of the pirate one though! I wasn't going to because there are so many options, but there are some really good scents for a theme there! So now it's up. Thanks!

Vampire Imp Pack: Lucy's Kiss, Blood Countess, Dracul, Nosferatu, Blood, Twilight

Norse Mythology Imp Pack: Fenris Wolf, Odin, Yggdrasil, Brisingamen, Raven, Troll

You could also do Blood Kiss, Bloodlust or Baobhan Sith for a Vampiric Imp Pack. And I liked the Norse Mythology, so I borrowed some of them. I hope you don't mind! :)

New Orleans: How about Crossroads, Deep in Earth, or Zombi? Or any of the Conjure Bag scents.

Canine: Wolfsbane?

Wolfsbane! That's perfect! I added it.

I decided to go with 'French Love' for the last New Orleans Scent from the conjure bag because it can also represent the French Quarter. I really wanted to add Crossroads, but it wasn't New Orleans-y specific enough in description. Maybe for a Voodoo pack?

Voodoo, Van Van, Baron Samedi, Elegba, Crossroads, Zombi. What do you think?

Witch Imp Pack: Bewitched, Wicked, Black Cat, Baba Yaga, Medea, Morgause

Wizard Imp Pack: Arcana, Dee, Incantation, Magus, Odin, Mage

Fair Folk Imp Pack: Aeval, Fae, Elf, Leanan Sidhe, Oberon, Titania

I also borrowed these and rearranged them a bit. Thanks for the inspiration!

Here are my new lists:

Wiccan Imp Pack: Bewitched, Incantation, Spellbound, Arcana, Hemlock, Death Cap. (Completed!)

Underworld Imp Pack: Lampades, Tavern of Hell, Sheol, Hades, Magmell, Thanatos. (Completed!)

Pirate Imp Pack: Anne Bonny, Calico Jack, Mar Read, Grog, Plunder, Port Royal. (Completed! other possibilities: Jolly Roger, Black Pearl)

Fae Imp Pack: Aeval, Dana O'Shee, Fae, Leanan Sidhe, Elf, Pontarlier. (Completed! other possibilities: Oberon, Absinthe, Titania)

Old France Imp Pack: Belle Epoque, Grand Guignol, Catherine, Marie, Paris, Versailles. (Completed! other possibilities: Bon Vivant)

Biblical Mythology Imp Pack: Bathsheba, Queen of Sheba, Eden, Sacred Whore of Babylon, The Apple of Sodom, The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. (Completed! other possibilities: Jezebel, Lilith, Gomorrah)

Norse Mythology Imp Pack: Fenris Wolf, Odin, Yggdrasil, Brisingamen, ??

Sorceress Imp Pack: Jezebel, Morgause, Medea, Hecate, ??

Edited by Scorianelle

Skuld, Urd and Verdani of course! :D

Skuld, Urd and Verdani of course! :D

Perfect! Thanks!