Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
MrsDevilDog

The Fox-Woman Kuzunoha Leaving Her Child

White tea, cherry blossom, wisteria, star jasmine, and teak.

In vial: very sweet floral. A hint of wood, barely there.

Wet: sweet and juicy. A touch of perfumed soap. I would swear that there was orange in this somewhere.

drydown: A little soapy. Pretty, though. Floral, sweet, with wood holding it together.

A vert light pretty scent - I'm not really getting much that is specifically JASMINE in this - mostly this just smells like a light floral asian tea scent - like sweet jasmine tea perhaps, but not like jasmine flowers.

This has a decent amount of throw which I like, a few of the other Salon scents I've tried had very little throw or none at all. I smell the wisteria(swoon!) and the star jasmine the strongest, with a hint of tea thrown in. I'm not getting cherry blossom or teak out of this, but it's so well blended it's hard to pick out too many individual notes. Very asian in feel, like a warm spring or summer day inside a teahouse. Perfect for spring or summer, I am going to keep my imp. I might even get a bottle. :P

This smells more complicated in the imp than it does on me. I get an almost anise-like note along with all the jasmine when I sniff the imp, and other things I cannot name. Once it's on me it goes to pure jasmine, though. Really strong, too.

I smell like jasmine soap. Oh, well. This one's not for me. It's looking like all things with jasmine in them are not for me. I love the smell of the blooming flowers themselves, though. Maybe I'll just have to stick to that, and let other people give the jasmine BPAL a home.

bottle: so delicate, lots of jasmine here (reminds me initially of Flying Fox from Lush), and the tea - love white tea.

wet: ok, it's exactly FF at this point, it smells like my shower did this morning.

dry: the jasmine is pretty heavy but not doing the evilmorph that it sometimes does - I think star jasmine might be the key there. I am getting no teak (which is OK with me - I don't care for it as I associate it with the teak oil I use to oil the furniture in my and my boss' office!!), and the other florals are present but not separating clearly form the jasmine.

later: Still very FF in feel, but no crazy morphing or amping as I usually have with jasmine, so I am pleased (since I do like jasmine so long as it doesn't get soapy when it makes friends with white musk), and still no teak for which I am grateful. It's exquisite, more Asian in feel than anything else I can usually wear and rather, well...almost fragile. It leaves me with the impression of pale flowers so delicate that merely breathing on them would cause them to wilt.

First sniff: Cherry blossom tea. There’s a hint of soapiness that I really hope will behave because the rest of the scent is quiet and lovely.

Wearing: Pink-white blossoms draping softly across my shoulders as I walk slowly through the trees beside the reflecting pool. Exquisite and understated. I adore it.

Oh no! In the imp this was almost pure cherry blossom, and breathtakingly beautiful. I had such high hopes for it. Sadly, it just doesn't last on me at all. It continues to smell lovely for about 2-3 minutes and then poof -- gone. Just a tiny trace of floral left.

Happily there are some other cherry blossom blends to try -- I really hope at least one of them works, because the sakura in this one is just amazing!

The smell of this in the vial is a very sharp white tea and jasmine, that almost reminds me of rubbing alcohol...

When on, the alchohol like smell vanishes a bit as the jasmine comes forth and rears its head. Jasmine amps on me incredibly, but I was really hoping the cherry blossom would tame it a bit. Unfortunately this is all jasmine flowers and white tea on me with the faintest hint of wisteria and the soapiness that others have gotten as well...

It mellows a bit as it dries, and if you are looking for a not too extreme, but muted jasmine scent, this may be the one. The wistera comes through quite a bit more turning this into a very pretty (though still somewhat soapy) floral scent. I never got much for cherry blossom or teak though.

This scent is very strong on the jasmine front for me. It’s very crisp with a green undertone too it, but the jasmine is definitely in charge.

After a while, a very clean and crisp white tea note comes out and blends really beautifully with the jasmine. I’d imagine the other florals are there, but they’re not strong enough that I can pick them out. The teak also doesn’t come out on me, which is good because I’m not a big wood note fan.

This is nice and I have to try it again… it might be big-bottle worthy, but I’m not sure yet.

In the imp: jasmine and some other floral I can’t determine.

What it Says: White tea, cherry blossom, wisteria, star jasmine, and teak.

On the wrist: On the wrist, the teak comes out, drying the florals. Then the tea kicks in. It’s more of a succession of notes on me than a blend.

Alas, as with so many subtle scents and my chemistry, it’s faded to the faintest whiff of tea inside of an hour. And I put it on quite thickly.

Unfortunately, I have to give The Fox-Woman a short review. This was a "classic Asian" scent, stereotypically so, but in a disappointing lack-of-dimensions kind of way. It's crisp, clean; white tea mostly, with equal parts cherry blossom and star jasmine. The teak is haaaaaardly there, maybe just enough to keep the airy components from floating away. My chemistry agrees with jasmine, so it stayed well-behaved. This summed up as an almost-single note of white tea and cherry blossom in the end; both of which I'm not terribly excited over. Faint, a little astringent and perfumey, and mostly short-lived.

Ah, well. Getting the whole Salon imp-pack, there is bound to be a few I'm not fond of!

weak tea & floral with jasmine dominating the floral. This is one of the stronger of the "japanese" themesd scents, and the florals in it are still relatively soft but definately stronger than in other blends. The jasmine is well blended but it's definately the dominant note. Didn't smell teak at all, must be hiding ;p

Wet, this is heavy wisteria with a background of tea. There is something sharp, like a touch of ozone, but I don't see that as a listed note. Maybe something out of the teak note? I don't get jasmine, which is good, since it usually goes wrong on me.

Drying down...oh blah. Literally. This has gone to almost nothing, with a background that makes me think of cold cream or maybe soap. Dove soap, I think.

Dry: gone, gone, gone. Only a hint of soap remains.

I have never had a scent morph out of existance so fast! This one has even beaten Eclipse's record! :P Too bad, since this is one of my favorite Japanese prints, and I would have liked to be able to wear the scent.

It was the Salon blends that really sold me on bpal in theory, but since I've mostly just been impin' it so far, this is the first Salon blend I've actually gotten to smell.

Let me first say that I'm pleased the jasmine hasn't grown into Jasminar, the Jasmine that ate Mississippi. It's staying put, which makes me very happy.

The smell has a slightly astringent quality-- I think it may be a combination of the tea and wisteria. It's faintly sharp, in a way that I actually kind of like-- like a toned-down Shanghai (I couldn't handle the cleanliness of Shanghai-- think hospitals.)

I like it best when I smell it while looking at the picture. The perfume has a yellow-red tone, and a certain stateliness to it, and a certain sort of longing.

I'm glad I've gotten to try this.

imp: jasmine and tea. this does remind me of the times i've stuck my nose into my canister of jasmine pearls and taken a great, big sniff.

wet: jasmine with a faint hint of tea.

dry: once dry this is extremely beautiful. the soft, sweet scent of tea mingles with the jasmine (which is blessedly tame on my skin for once).

This is a lovely blend on me with a delicate jasmine and a soft hint of wood. The floral nature of it does have a a clean fresh feel that could be soapy but it's not that super soapy scent that can come from some things on my skin. Overall it feels like an innocent clean scent. Not me, but very pretty on the right person!

Very strong jasmine, but not exactly the smell of the pikake flower. It took me a while to figure out why this smelled so familiar, but after a while I realized that it smells like my jasmine incense sticks. It's the woody smell that underlies the jasmine reminds me of incense.

If this scent was a construction material, it would be concrete. Solid reinforced concrete. Has incredible mass and lasts for ages. Strong jasmine with an underline of teak and white tea.

Light gold oil. Softly light, Spring-like, delicate feminine florals, clean, slightly slick white tea and a suggestion of warm, woody depth. Slightly asiatic, and elegantly simple, but not simplistic.

Instantly much more floral, with all three flowers amping distinctly. I can smell the wisteria with its powdery threat but so far, the lovely pink cherry blossom and elegant star jasmine are keeping it in check. More white tea too, a little less slick, and a bit more fresh and realistic - slightly citrusy, a little piney - more like real tea leaves, freshly picked. More warmth and depth and a little dryness from the teak, but it's still not distinct as a note.

This one doesn't really morph one me past the initial wet stage; it just intensifies, deepens and melds as a blend overall. The wisteria continues to be a nagging presence, but it doesn't go to complete POWDERY DOOM as it usually does - maybe bc this imp is aged, it has muted the wisteria so that now it smells like the lab's narcissus note of late - a sort of rotting floral, very much like iris can smell, with the same powdery edge. The star jasmine is the star of this blend, though not by a huge margin as everyhing's quite balanced, and I believe it is identical to the note in The Girl.

Final drydown is surprisingly well-blended and unified, with star jasmine leading, wisteria and cherry blossom just behind, with softer, citrusy-fresh white tea and a little almost cologney exotic dark warm teak - but it's so light and subdued and such a blended note here that I don't think I'd ever pick it out blind - I also don't think it's the same teak note used in most other BPAL blends with teak. I also swear I get some white musk, that works well to bind this blend and sex it up a little.

It's a lovely feminine floral blend, simply elegant and Springlike yet a little warm and exotic. It goes oddly soapy on me, like very expensive divine hotel soap...so I'm not sure it's bottleworthy, but I am impressed by how well the wisteria behaves here, though it's still a deal breaker. Decent throw but less than great longevity - it does fade quite a bit after it initially amps up on my skin.

Damn you as always, FUCKING WISTERIA. :P

Edited by fairnymph

I get the comparisons to Shanghai, since that is the GC this reminds me the most of. I do get a crisp tea scent, but unlike Shanghai, this one has a delicate wisteria/cherry blossom overlay.

This one is fresh, crisp and definitely Asian. Of all the Asian scents (aside from Fire Pig), this is one of my favorite. Love the cherry blossom in this one.

Soapy tea and cherry blossom. I can smell a little bit of jasmine, and it's playing nice in this, so that's good. This is nice, but for some reason it reminds me of Bat-Woman, which I liked a lot more, so it suffers in comparison. I would encourage all tea-lovers to check this out, especially if you liked The Torture Queen -- the white tea note in both of these is very prominent.

3/5

Floral, with a green note...is that the tea or one of the flowers producing that?

Nice enough, but, it is a floral. Most florals don't really excite me.

On me, Fox-Woman is cherry blossom, wisteria, and jasmine over tea. I love it, I just wish the flowers were stronger.

This is mostly teak (which reminds me of Glowing Vulva so its amazing!) and jasmine with faint tea and wisteria. Now wisteria usually amps like mad on me (Curse you wisteria in Hanami!) so I was a little worried about this one but it was juuussttt right. Its a very floral blend but with an exotic, asian twist which is delishious and just what I was looking for in a blend :yum: This is a good summer scent. It doesnt have to much of a wear length but it smells delishious while it stays around.

Edited by Dracoo9