Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Aizen-Myoo

... Yuzu, kaki, and mikan with cherry blossom and black tea.

I don't know what half the notes of this blend smell like :P but my nose screams "FRESH GARDEN HERBS!!" :eek" Really...it smells like an herb garden and greenery, a tad savory (well, I get basil, at least), but not enough to make it off-putting. This is VERY different from any other BPAL I've sniffed, and I find it a refreshing change from the rest of my collection =)

aizen-myoo.jpg

At first I was assaulted by Aizen-Myoo. It smelled like: human sweat, grapefruit, and Xmas trees. I thought I would just hate this one, hate it. But there was a very green part pushing its way through to the front of Aizen-Myoo and so I gave it a chance to mature and dry.

The drier it got, more of a perfume note came in behind the green wedge which was now busy calming the raging sweating Xmas trees hung with grapefruits. Then *poof* it all congealed into a really poetic harmony. Quite extraordinary. This was actually turning beautiful on my skin. Cool, summery, citrus astringent in the gentle but persistent way it can turn. The grapefruit was so beautiful in Aizen-Myoo. It stayed on my skin and broadcast like a cool hand on a hot brow in the summer.

Then the biggest wonder came about. I was wearing a scent locket which swung in front of my nose, and the contents were "glorified" when I breathed them in. In other words, they were the same blend but it smelled just a little bit better than I had ever smelled it. I sniffed my skin which had something entirely different on it. The scent became a bit clearer and was refreshed but it was better than I had ever smelled it before.

Eureka! Aizen-Myoo is sort of the MSG of the perfume world! Just like everything you eat after you eat an artichoke tastes sweeter, Aizen Myoo makes everything you smell after you smell it, into something even better than what it started out as being. Smelling other scents through a veil of Aizen-Myoo makes them smell at least twice as beautiful as they did before.

Aizen-Myoo is a magical compound. Thanks, Beth, for giving it to us.

Fruity and wonderful! All mikan and cherry blossom! This works so well with my chemistry, blooming into a lovely sweet scent. I detect notes I don't recognize on the dry down,one might be the yuzu..But anyway, adding this to my bottle list!

in the imp: grapefruit, and oddly, something that reminds me of my mother's vegetable garden in mid-summer. It's crisp and warmly green, like sun-warmed tomato vines.

wet: the green immediately becomes a backdrop as fragrant cherry blossoms bloom softly. The citrus stays true, glimmering palely.

dry: This scent winds up so incredibly unusual and complex. The green notes stay warm and almost dark. The tea wells up occasionally to give the blend an almost smoky note at times. The citrus is the first note to start to fade, leaving the cherry blossoms to remain the single sweet note in an otherwise airy green scent. Fascinating and refreshing!

This is a bright scent, slightly tart and astringent. It reminds me of the Asian moons, Holiday Moon, or Budding Moon. I smell sweet grapefruit and a touch of florals. There’s tea in the background. This is a super refreshing scent and perfect for summer. If I come across an imp I’ll hang onto it. Thanks GC swap – I probably would have never tried this scent!

uh oh... is it possible for me to have yet another imp come to me containing "my new FAVORITE!" :P

I smell a citrus-y tea, maybe? grapefruit... sweet. Strong. with flowers. This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

*must get more*

Aizen-Myoo.

On my skin it is almost all yuzu, that beautiful grapefruit-y smell that I love. As it dries a little of the tea that is in there comes out.

This is one of the few scents that lasts well on me. Just ordered a 5ml of it so I can enjoy it more often :P

In the imp, this is weirdly bittersweet and sharp. Doesn't smell like any other BPAL that I've tried!

Wet, Aizen-Myoo is gorgeously refreshing - a bitter tea note, overlain with s gentle fruitiness and a waft of cherry blossom. As the scent dries, the crispness dies down a bit, leaving a more mellow scent, but there’s still the interestingly complex bittersweetness.

I love this, and it would be perfect for a hot day.

Ohh my!

This is very wonderful- Aizen-Myoo is a very refreshing and wet smelling sweet grapefruit. Fresh and cooling.

I don't get too much of the cherry blossem on my skin until hours after application where the grapefruit scent dies and I'm left with a very light yet sweet scent.

I'm very pleased with this scent! This came as a surprise to me, since it isn't the normal scent I go for. I've designated it as a definate summer scent to enjoy. Great for hot stickey weather!

A fresh grapefruit scent, and if it stayed that way, I'd like it. Half an hour later, the citrus totally dissapated and it was a light powdery floral. Not bad, but I liked the initial smell better.

Edited by gloom & doom bear

In the imp, it smells like pleasant-smelling shampoo--I don't mean that in a bad way at all, I'd douse my hair in that stuff! On my skin, a distinct grapefruit note comes to the forefront offset by a light floral. Crisp and bright, this is great for summer. The only downside is how fast this fades and it also doesn't have much throw on my skin.

This would be excellent for lotions and the like, I think.

This is a gorgeous, zingy, refreshing spa scent. I smell grapefruit (tart, not sweet), green notes, and perhaps a bit of floral musk, although I don't see that in the description. This might just be my perfect summer scent. It's going on the big bottle list for sure. :P

So far my hands down summer fave, to me Aizen-Myoo smells like what I think cucumber flowers *should* smell like :P

Its mellow, pretty and fresh, and stays true all day long. I've said before its like AC in a bottle, and thats exactly why I grab for it every day that's hot and sticky.

I bought a 5ml after loving the imp, and now I know I need a 10 ml. :D

Mybe it's just my stuffed up nose, but I'm smelling Fruit Loops. Will test this further when I have functioning nasal passages.

I was able to try this as a part of Quikslvr's GC Catalog Swap.

This is very pretty! It's fruity- but not bubble gum fruity- it smells light and fresh and melon-y. I'm so happy I was able to try this! I need another imp- possibly a bottle...

Found this in my imp box, and realized I had never tried it.

First I read the description on my new handydandy spreadsheet and had to look up half the words.

Yuzu = grapefruit/tangerine

Kaki = persimmon

Mikan = satsuma/clementine

Ah. So this will be a citrus blends. Now some of the bpal citrus (especially orange blossom) turn bitter and rancid on my skin.

In the bottle - strong strong citrus. Almost more of the peel/pith than the fruit, so a little bit of bitter freshness than juicyness.

While it dries it is pure citrus. Dry I can sense some of the black tea but it seems content to take a back seat. The cherry blossom floats in and out but the citrus notes are definitely dominant. Something about this tastes.... real, I guess is the word I would use. Like I was eating the fruits.

Nice for summer, but I don't think it will be in my top ten. I might send it to my little sis, who adores citrus....

Now I know that grapefruit, of whatever sort, does not like me.

At all.

When I first put this oil on, I am hit with the smell of citrus - it's so strong! After a little while, it fades... and then I smell like Sweet Tarts. Not exactly what I was hoping for - I'd wanted the cherry blossom to come out the most.

rating: 1/5

OK, I think my nose is slightly on crack. When I put this on, I got a very strong banana scent at first. I don't know what note did this! The banana left really quickly, though, which is a good thing - I don't like bananas or their scent. I'm getting mostly citrus and black tea now. :P

I'd like to test this once more when it's not as hot out - I'm guessing my skin reacted oddly because of that. It was yummy in the imp!

Aizen-Myoo smells like stank on me. It is one of my least favorite BPAL oils. And it's weird, because the Lab has frimped me with Aizen-Myoo at least four times. I feel like Aizen-Myoo keeps saying "Try me again. This time you'll like me. Go on, try." And I try it, and it's horrible.

It smells like the very worst bitter citric acid smell you've ever smelled combined with weeds that sort of smell like tomato leaf but four times sharper. And the scent lingers around for hours making me regret ever putting the damn oil on my skin. I know there are people who really love Aizen-Myoo, and I'm honestly glad that someone likes it. But I don't. Yick.

Aizen-Myoo - Unfortunately, the yuzu in this blend ruins it for me. I have yet to meet a yuzu scent I like. The only other notes I can smell is the cherry blossom, which I oddly smell from far away, but can't smell up close to my skin at all. The cherry blossom is soft and pretty, and reminds me of springtime in Washington D.C. with all of the gorgeous pink and white cherry trees in bloom -- one of my favorite annual events of all time. Unfortunately, the yuzu in this is extremely sour and overpowers the rest of the notes and dampers my enjoyment of the cherry blossom. I won't be keeping this one, although I will add that the throw is reasonable and the staying power is acceptable.

Such a tricky scent for me to describe since I'm really not familiar with the taste but I think "bittersweet" is perfect for it. The whiffs I keep getting are a lot more fruity and sweet then when my nose is actually near my arm...in which case there's a very bitter edge. So sometimes it smells amazing and other times it's a bit off. I love the whiffs though! Unfortunately I think I'm going to need to swap this. Very unique and pretty though.

Hm, considering how much I like grapefruit and citrus in general, I thought this one would be fabulous on me... I guess I was wrong. Then again, it's yuzu, not grapefruit.

In the bottle, this has a strange, bittersweet smell, that is far from pleasant. Unfortunately, this doesn't change once it's on or dry. This seems to be one of those scents that's either wonderful and loved, or terrible and despised, and I fall into the latter category. I just can't get the idea of rotted vegetation out of my head when I wear it.

I wish it was the vibrant, fruity scent that so many people seem to enjoy, but sadly, it is not so. I'm glad that other people like it, though!

In the imp: Sharp and fruity! Very citrusy. Oh I love this one already. Please, please don't morph too much on my skin! Grapefruity (or should I say Yuzu-y?) sourness, how I love thee. This is so gorgeous. I think this may be a signature scent. Oh scent gods please allow this to smell as good on me as it does in the imp.

On the wrist, wet: Oh thank you gods. This is magnificient. It is morphing into something a little sweeter, sexier.... I am in total smelly heaven right now. I want to bathe in this, swim in this... I want to have an Aizen-Myoo scented universe all my own.

Final Analysis: Signature scent. Definitely signature scent. I will be requiring a monthly barrel of this. Anyone looking to swap or sell this scent in any quantity need only inform me and I will gladly help you out with that.

straight sniff from imp this is the most refreshingly sharp citrus and scent

that is perfect for summertime heat waves :D

once applied this is positively astounding...while the citrus is forefront, the cherry blossom and tea notes come shining through beautifully and elegantly

after 30 minutes or so this fades into the prettiest cheery, cherry scent with juiciness abound...fun loving; all about laughter and having a good time :D

love it!! :P