empyreal mist

segur segara

dana o'shee

maiden

la petite mort

water of notre dame

nocturne

all are floral based but very soft and wispy and no "old lady" smell :P

That is to say, I like Santa Muerte (sometimes) and Zombi, but that's about it. Problem is, I'm a really girly sort of girl, and I also don't like heliotrope.

I love Snake Oil, Shub, Embalming Fluid and Eclipse, but is there anything less heavy that isn't all flowery?

Dammit, I'm picky. Why can't florals just love me instead?

Some light non-florals I've tried are:

Aizen-Myoo

Regan

The Apothecary

The Dormouse

White Rabbit

Water of Notre Dame

Shanghai

Glasgow

You might want to try some of the scents in the Illyria and Mad Tea Party categories.

I don't like florals either... thankfully, there are many BPALs that aren't floral. I agree that all of the above recommendations might work for you. Especially Dormouse, White Rabbit, and Shanghai if you like tea scents. All three of those are amazing.

Rosalind and Eden are also lovely sweet/sort of girlie but not floral blends. Rosalind was also pretty light on me. Forbidden Fruit wasn't overwhelmingly floral either.

If you like foodie scents, you might want to try Jack, I'd put it in the same category as Shub.

I'm not a floral fan, either. In fact, most florals hate me and get amped up by my chemistry. That said, I would highly recommend these favorites of mine:

Morocco

Dorian

Bordello

Dragon's Milk

Perversion

I have recently and unexpectedly fallen in love with Sudha Segara. It is somehow a bit spicy and a bit creamy without being too spicy or too foody, and I agree with the people who have said there is something tealike about it.

Some of my favorite light non-florals:

Antony

Nosferatu

Severin

Silk Road

Sri Lanka (lighter than it sounds)

Van Van

Yggdrasil

Some non-florals that I like:

O- amber, honey, vanilla

Gluttony - too many foody items to mention, but no florals

Dragon's Heart - has some fig and black currant, not technically florals

Hellfire

Snake Oil

Bordello

Jack

There really are plenty to choose from, so have fun!

Some of my favorite non-florals (or very light florals):

DORIAN

Shanghai

Embalming Fluid

Katharina

Aglaea

Nytharlahotep

Xiuhtecuhtli

Dragon's Musk

Dragon's Tears

I am also not a huge floral fan. I'm lovin' the sticky-sweet spicey woody stuff. Some recs...

Morocco (This does have a bit of Carnation, but the woods, musk and spices really amp on me.)

Dorian

Blood Kiss

Hellcat (Watch out, this is very foody on me, but on my hubby it seems to pick up a clovey-spicey smell that is lacking on me!)

If you love Snake Oil, perhaps you should give Scherezade a try? I've heard wonderful things about it. Also, I'm waiting on bottles of Velvet (sandalwood and vanilla cocoa) and Sin (pathouli, amber, sandalwood and cinnamon); its supposed to be sexay.

Some non-floral (imo) recs:

Spellbound - yes it has roses but it also has amber and musk which combines to make a wonderful incensey boquet.

Cathedral - all resins, simply wonderful

Both of those can be heavy side so I also would suggest:

Velvet - sandalwod, cocoa, vanilla

Sudha Segara - milky ginger, this is a soft warm scent

Scarecrow - warm hay - much more accessible than you might think

Blood Kiss - vanilla, honey, clove, myrrh

White Rabbit - black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla. This is soft like Sudha Segara

Also, the Norns - Skuld, Urd, and Verdandi.

I am not a floral fan either (though I have found a few I like, too). But for light nonflorals, I loved Dormouse, and Yggdrasil was a light woodsy scent on me. Envy was also light on me--very limey, with a hint of mint--like a mojito--but you have to like lime and mint.

Also, I'm trying Vixen (for the first time) right now, and it smells just like a less sweet, less heavy, less vanilla-y Snake Oil (makes no sense to me with the description difference, but I swear it smells like it). Might be right up your alley. I can't smell orange blossom at all, even though its a listed note. Very nice, so far.

Shanghai is fab. Also Pele - it's a floral, but it's so light that it's not like "Hey! Floral!!!" It's just a gorgeous creamy clean scent. Speaking of clean scents, maybe try Dirty?

Edited by Electra

Hi everyone!

I was hoping for some help. I'm looking for a light floral. I usually go for aquatics or woody scents, but want something different and flowery for spring. The few straight florals I like are heavier florals (I love Pannychis and am fond of Dragon's Eye) but I'm looking for something lighter...

Unfortunately my skin can't tolerate lotus or any blends with rose (the only rose I can seem to wear is Rose Red- strange...). Also, berries and citrus go weird on me too.

So if anyone has any suggestions for a nice, light floral I would be grateful!

:P

I hope the lab's search engine will be fixed soon so I can search for those...

Oh, also, sandalwoody florals are bad on me (Veil, The Raven, Queen Mab- does she have sandalwood?)

I appreciate the suggestions, I'd love more! :P

I'm looking for light stuff too, since so far everything I've tried feels either really heavy or is light and wants to kill me with headaches. So in my last order I picked:

The Dormouse

Embalming Fluid

Envy

Cathode

Swank

Of those, really only The Dormouse and Envy are likely to be called floral. Hrm... guess this is ok, I was just going for light. Is it all citrus that goes bad on you? I looked at your reviews and didn't see anything where citrus had gone badly wrong...

In my wishlist, Shanghai, Water of Notre Dame, Leanan Sidhe, Neo-Tokyo, and Twilight sound like they might be aiming at the kind of scent you're looking for.

Kalli

Citrus isn't really terrible on me, it just overpowers the blend, and also, they kind of remind me of cleaning products (I use mostly natural cleansers so they're usually lemon or orange scented).

Neo Tokyo I really like, but on me it's more like Emperyal Mist- a scent I like, but it's not really floral on me.

Twilight was not so good on me because of the lavender (which my husband HATES).

I know I'm difficult, that's why I need the experts help (help me O BPAL Experts!)

I'm not a huge floral girl, but I have found a couple I like. (I'm a resin and spice fan, myself.)

Regan is lovely, IMO. Eos is amazing and smells so much like spring -- the buttercups are amazing. Even though it has sandalwood, give Zephyr a try. It smells like spring air to me.

And it's not really a floral, but Tamora is spring and summer in a bottle to me.

Aeval is the only "powdery" blend that is magnificent. It's lightish, and yes - powdery, but it works. Love it.

Leanan Sidhe is also gorgeous. It's my current go-to floral when I don't know what else to wear. In other words, always nice no matter what my mood.

Finally, Kitsune-Tsuki. It's more perfumey, but sooo elegant.

I really like Midnight for a light floral. And maybe try Amsterdam, too. Its a very light aquatic floral.

As someone who pretty much only likes florals if they're light, I'd second Amsterdam. Tenochtitlan is a bit more complex of a blend, but I think the final effect is similar to a light floral.