Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

The Pool of Tears

A sea of salty tears drowning out Alice's light floral perfume.

In bottle/imp: Aquatic saltiness and lilies.

Immediately on skin: This is very aquatic with a salty, ozone type feel to it. Along with that is some sort of floral, and to me it smells like lilies. This is very sharp and clean smelling.

After a little while: The floral lily I smelled at first has faded and I really get nothing more from this than aquatic and ozone notes. It’s strong and rather sharp and a little salty.

Overall Impressions: This scent is very aquatic with a bit of ozone and a hint of floral tones at first. It’s sharp and rather strong, and the way it dried down on me, I would definitely say it is a unisex scent. I don’t think it’s really unusual and I wish more of the floral notes came through for me.

Someone previously said this smelled like fresh laundry and air freshner and I can't agree more! This has a ozone/ocean salt air with a faintly floral undercurrent. Not a scent I typically enjoy for myself but it is a pleasant scent. I may use it as a room scent instead.

The salt smells pretty foul on me until it dries down. The perfume underneath is lovely, but not very me. I'm unsure of whether I'll keep this; I might need to try it again in a month or so and see how it ages.

The Pool of Tears is an aquatic floral with a touch of salt and a few green notes added for good measure. I get a herbal vibe, and I suspect that there may be lavender or rosemary somewhere inside.

The florals in PoT, do not come across on my skin as sweet, but more herbally/medicinal and very green. Combined with the aqautic notes this makes for a beautiful blend.

A favorite, especially when I don't want a heavy floral.

Bottle: a light, aquatic floral

Wet: more floral, fairly sweet

Dry: the sweetness of the floral has passed, but I'm starting to have my pat reaction to an aquatic - the headache

Later: salt, yeah, and flowers, yeah, and headache. *sigh*

Oh dear. Saltwater and Persil Automatic! I'm guessing Alice was wearing clothes straight off the line.

In the imp: Salty aquatic with a hint of floral

Wet: a bouquet of flowers in salt water

Dry: soapy floral, still with a hint of saltiness

I agree with whoever said this would be perfect for a child- it is a sweet, innocent fragrance.

Oh dear! I am not having much luck with the freebies in my recent delivery. This one may as well be really cheap air freshener. Headache inducing and not any better than whatever smell one is trying to cover-up (Febreeze anyone???). Just not my type of scent at all I'm afraid.

wet: interesting. not sure what to make of this. smells like a light salty breeze. the florals are very light, but slowly making their presence known.

i'm not a fan of aquatics and after 5 minutes, i think it's swallowing any remains of anything floral.

Another frimp.

In the bottle I can definately smell water! With a hint of lemongrass. Very interesting.

When wet I can smell a floral. It reminds me of a garden centre after it has been raining. It's rather pleasant.

When dry it's a delicate floral soap. I still like it, just not as a perfume. I'd be happy if my bath smelled like this.

ooooh salty!

I think this is just wonderful. The "perfume" through the salty tear smell is the scent equivilant to looking through a distorting pane of glass at a fair far away in the distance with bright colors and exciting possibly beautiful things going on that I cannot quite make out. Or like looking up from under the water of the pool of tears and seeing all the characters splashing around above my head. I love the prevailing salty sea smell which is both clean and a little suggestive smelling and then the floral blend which seems bright and tiny and beautiful. It is so light but so interesting. I am enchanted by this particular floral aquatic and wonder if I am destined to love aquatics or if it is the simplicity and lightness of this one that I am liking so much. I could see wearing this all summer long. I am pretty sure this will be one of my next GC picks.

In the imp I smell... salty lavender water!? :blink:

Ah, on though I can smell the florals all bunched together and it enokes the image of sitting near a pond or lake on a lazy summer day lounging in a dress with a lovely bunch of flowers in one of your hands as you sit in the shade and give a much needed sigh. You know, I think this would be perfect for sleeping in my case, bottle? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

When I first put this on I thought it may be one of my "the smell after it's just rained" uber-faves. Then the salt came out a bit more and it smelled like, well, a pool of salty tears. Very acurate to the title, I just wish it had stayed at the wet stage.

Usually ozone/aquatic blends go okay on me, but I'm really getting a lot of dryer sheets going on in here.

Honestly, it smells like an ozone single note. Not my favorite.

This is a very softly subdued clean aquatic over a touch of carnation. I would have love a bit more creamy carnation to aquatic ratio...like, I want to put a dab of Alice on top, or else layer this over some Lush Potion Lotion to really emphasize the Alice part of this blend, but overall this is quite nice if perhaps not exactly right for me.

Imp: Strong, salty aquatic bitterness, brackish and nasty, an amazing facsimile of real tears. There's a touch of floral underneath it, and the overall effect is almost kind of nauseating-- like swallowing ocean water or when you cry so hard you make yourself sick. Admittedly I have a head cold and it's an interesting time for me hormonally so I could be totally off my rocker.

Wet: Ack! Strongly, lily-scented dishwater, then soap. This is extremely aquatic and ozone-heavy, and is giving me quite the headache. After a minute it softens and gets much prettier, a soft fresh aquatic with hints of floral.

The headache, however, is too much. I ended up washing this one off. I did, however, like the trace of scent left after washing-- a pretty, gentle, dewy carnation and maybe a hint of violet or rose.

Edited by WidgetAlley

Sniffing the imp, it's aquatic floral.

On my skin, it's lavender and ozone.

Pleasant, and I do normally enjoy Lavender notes, but this is just not something I'm feeling any attachment too.

The Pool of Tears - I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who got lavender out of this. I sniffed it and thought, wtf? this can't be right. But I guess it is. Salt and lavender. Interesting, but definitely not for me.

This smells like a really nice laundry detergent or hand soap, or room scent. Pleasant, but not really something I want to wear as a perfume.

The first time I tried this one (which was today... I got it as a frimp I think about a year ago) all I could think of when it's wet was a cheap scent you can get from your local dollar store or standing by an old lady that put on about 5 different scents.

After it dried all it reminds me of is picking 50 lilly of the valley's and sniffing them while gargling salt water xp.

Flower type scents don't really flow well with me, but I thought I'd give this one a try and I didn't really like it.

IN THE BOTTLE: This is very floraly and a bit strong, not at all light like Alice. I am picking up what seems to be rose and carnation. The florals are mingaling with the salty tears and it smells very soapy, mhh.

WET: It is like sniffing a wet bar of soap. A floral, salty bar of soap. There is also something sweet, perhaps honey or maybe it is just the florals, not sure.

DRY DOWN: Even though it is strong at first, it does fade quite a bit, leaving a light floral soap smell.

OVER ALL: I thought I was really going to like this sent, because I adore aquatics, but The Pool of Tears just did not do it for me. It was way to soapy and gave me a bit of a headache.

In the Imp: light citrus & flowers

Wet on Skin: similar to imp; a bit of the dryer sheet phenomenon going on

While Drying: delicate... however, for some bizarre reason, I keep smelling something that reminds me of Jezirat al Tennyn (NOT what I would consider a delicate scent), but JaT-lite - is it the "aquatic" note?

After a Little While: Interesting… the lab description comes through on this one… makes me want to experiment with more aquatic notes to see if I can distinguish between salt & freshwater, etc.

Later: Flowers almost entirely drowned out by the tears - this is a good thing. This is about the level of floral that my skin can usually handle. Put it on in evening. Still faint beautiful scent in AM.

Final Thoughts: I'll have to try more 'aquatics' and see if that is where I am picking up the JaT similarity; Definitely an interesting scent experience, but not very ME. Might want to keep this around for periodic use.

I wore JaT the day after I tested tPoT, and yes, there is a note that is the same on me.

Pool of Tears earns a 3/5

Frimp in one of my orders.

I like the smell of the ocean on a cold winter's day and had high hopes for this oil.

In the imp, it's perfumey seawater for lack of a better description. Wet, I get perfumey floral seawater. It's the same throughout the drydown and is only slightly less perfumey when dry. To me, it's like lovely high end department store perfume. You know the kind of store I'm talking about; the salesgirls treat you rudely if they think you earn less than $500,000 a year. Oh yes, I'm looking at you, with the variation of number five in your name!

This a great dupe for that kind of perfume and would be perfect for tempting the traditional perfume lovers over to the BPAL side. I like it and think it's quite pretty but it is a tad too generic for me. I'm going to pass it along to a friend and hope it enables her.

Edited by Kejiaron