Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Izabel

PURPLE!

I'm in severe lust with Noir and Queen of Spades. Can you BPAL queens recommend anything current that would be along these lines?

I think I'm a purple girl.

noir didn't elicit the color purple for me, so my recommendations may be way off for you. basically, anything with a strong berry smell makes me think of purple colors.

bordello and lady macbeth would fall in that category.

Saturnalia is the most purple thing I have ever smelt.

(but I don't think it's anything like Noir or Queen of Spades)

Bordello, Le Serpent Qui Danse, Midwinter's Eve, Bewitched, Old Glasgow, Kitsuni Tsuki, and Wanda. Some of these may have reddish tints to them or brownish tints, or what have you. But they immediately appear as purplish to my mind. Oh yeah, and Chypre.

Edited by hypothermya

i hope my incoming bottle of wanda is more purple. right now it's a champagne-esque light gold color. not pinkish, but very gaudy gold.

Saturnalia is the most purple thing I have ever smelt.

(but I don't think it's anything like Noir or Queen of Spades)

That's funny-- for me it was instantaneously a deep, dark, dry green, like the rough skin of lizards. It's so dark as to have a purplish tinge, but it's decidedly reptilian on me.

But my chemistry is strange. Lady Macbeth is candy pink on me. Lillith is a reddish purple and Rosalind is a very pale purple, but I think these would probably be a different color on someone else-- any sort of berry and most fruits turn to candy on me, affecting my sense of the scent's color.

Anything with violets or lilac smells purple to me: [Old] Sybaris is a bright, loud purple, while The Raven and Bruja are dark violet-- I think these would be some shade of purple to most people.

I get a very smooth bluish purple with Phantom Queen, not sure what other people would perceive its color as...

But that's it as far as oils I've tried which strike me as purple...

Yeah, Saturnalia was dark, lizard green tinged with purple for me, too. I wouldn't call it a "purple" scent, either.

The scents I've tried that smell purple to me are:

Queen Of Spades

Wanda

The Raven (not too crazy about this one, personally, but it is very purple)

Twilight

Oneiroi

Bewitched (purple and forest green)

my two cents. :P

Edited by Effluvia

Mabon was definitely a rich reddish purple.

Harvest Moon was a dusty purple.

The BPAL blends containing lilac are tinged with a soft, creamy purple.

The BPAL blends containing violet are usually a dark, vibrant purple.

When I searched for all blends containing lilac there were 14 results.

When I searched for all blends containing violet there were 21 results.

So if you're looking for something purple scented, you've got a fairly broad selection based on those two florals alone!

Nocturne is the purplest of them all to me! It's a deep nighttime ultramarinish purple. Kitsune-Tsuki is plum purple with sugar on top. Chypre and Ace of Swords are powdery light purple.

All right, I'm terrible at identifying notes in perfumes, but I'm desperate here... A few years ago, I bought a perfume, I expect it's an essential oil blend, at a renaissance fair. It smells...purple. Like huge purple tropical flowers. Which isn't to say it smells particularly floral, or heady, it just gives me the impression of, well, it smells like a purple clematis looks.

It's a very strong scent, long-lasting, but it's very grounded and doesn't seem to have a lot of layers to it. I know the odds are tiny, but does anyone have the slightest idea what this might be, or what BPAL might smell similar? I'm running out, and I'd love to have a replacement. :P

Heh, you're probably going to have to sample quite a few to even begin to come close. Without a scent description, there's not much help we can give.

That being said, I think Morgause is very purple in a fruity/floral way (it even has "purple fruits" in the description), and Langour is velvety dark purple in a smooth, sexy, droopy way.

Good luck!

edit: grammar/clarity

Edited by Sheila

Yeah...that's a tough one, like Sheila says. However, I would venture to say that "Purple!!" was my reaction to the rich, lusty scent of Sacred Whore of Babylon. :P

Without a scent description, there's not much help we can give.

That being said, I think Morgause is very purple in a fruity/floral way

lol...I saw the title of this thread, and thought "Morgause!" before I even opened it. Great minds think alike :P .

Morgause was definitely purple.

Nuit seems purple. Everyone says Queen Mab seems pink, but I personally got the impression of purple. I think jasmine generally does that to me.

Awesome! :P I knew my chances were not good without a scent description, but now I have ideas for my next order. Thanks, guys.

Lady Macbeth is a very burgandy scent to me -- somewhere between red and purple.

Tum is very much a deep, dark purple, tinged with gold.

I'm a purple girl myself (and white... and gold... and red...)

For purple florals, it's all about Black Pearl to me (though, I don't know whether to classify Black Pearl as floral, foody, or musk... it's an odd mix!). The iris note is predominant on me, and it just smells very purple.

For fruity purple scents - Bordello is about as purple as it gets for me. If you'd prefer something sweet and grapey, try Tum. Glasgow's a nice lighter-purple berry/floral.