Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
alicia_stardust

Sahasrara

SAHASRARA: THE CROWN

The Glory of Shiva

The Thousand-Petaled Lotus.

Inspiration, consciousness, thought, understanding, transcendence, consciousness beyond reason, bliss.

Spiritual, emotional, mental and physical perfection.

Sahasrara grants us a glimpse of our greater Self, our destiny, and our real responsibilities in this lifetime.

This is the pursuit and realization of truth.

This is the quest for Samadhi.

In the bottle: Bright menagerie of fruits, very subtle herbal background.

Just applied: Again, bright fruits. Maybe it's even lotus because I can see how someone might get bubblegum from it. So perhaps it's lotus and fruits, but I don't detect any citrus fruits in it at all. This has a pretty good amount of throw, more than average I think.

After 30 minutes: Whoah! This doesn't morph all that much, but it mellows out a lot. It's very complex yet it all seems to meld together so well that I still can only say "fruits". I also get multiple colors when I think of the color of this blend, rather than just one. And after an hour or more, the fruits mellow and I do get some florals. I also like this scent best after an hour or more just because of how it develops.

Rating: For chakra work I rate this 5 out of 5 stars. For scent alone I rate this 3 out of 5 stars.

Sweet, glorious frankincense. Oh, how I love thee. This oil, upon striking my skin, retains that beautiful, soaring frankincense note but then releases a veritable symphony of notes, a combination of floral and possibly crisp fruits, but I can’t tell! It’s a remarkably elevated blend, in that it is quite airy, and not bound by any really heavy notes. Perfectly held in check by the mild frankincense, all these other notes still dance and move. Mmm. I like.

I wish I got frankincense from this. All I get is the sweet bubble-gum note that I believe must be lotus...or so I've read in other reviews.

Its fruity, but in a bubble-gum way, with a slight note of incense below it.

I sure would like to like this one, but even scent is not the primary reason I wanted the Chakra blends, I can't keep this one. I can't bear the scent of it, I'm afraid.

Most of the Chakra blends have such amazing scents. Sahasrara smells rather anise-like in the background, but it is not overwhelming or off-putting at all. At first I think that I smell some lavender in this one, and there’s a very powdered sugar sweetness to the whole blend that I find very pleasant. After an hour or so this began to remind me a bit of sweet cola and incense. And it somehow still manages to smell very purple.

Sahasrara’s scent is captivating and pretty. It’s very purple and sweet, but still incensey. Incense-candy. It stays strong for hours... 8 hours later there is still a rather strong, sweet incense scent wafting from where I applied it. Definitely full bottle worthy and my favorite of the Chakras :P

I feel like trying Sahasrara first of the Chakras...I may or may not work my way down from the crown, but I have yoga tonight and really want to tune in to this energy.

Mmmm, incense and bright, sweet floral. I can see the "bubblegum" comparison but it's a little more subtle and complex than that on me. I love that this smells both serious and thoughtful (the incense) and bubbly-floating-happy (the fruity floral), since if I ever finally hit enlightenment I would guess that's how it feels. I dabbed a drop on my crown as well as my wrists so it can waft around me. This is a wonderful comforting, uplifting blend.

In the imp, sweet smelling fruity with an herbal tone. On my skin, the frankincense comes out, with a bright crispy fruit surrounding it. Dry, it's bright and fruity as I type, but I get frankincense when I hold my wrist up my nose. It's very uplifting.

This one, I've been enjoying it. It just makes me happy. It is herbal with incense and sweet. I think the sweet is fruit, but it is really hard to tell. It's relatively light - not a real heavy incense. I like it. I think I may spring for the bottle as well.

Sahasrara: the Crown

In the imp: lotus! Sweet, fruity, creamy lotus…I think I detect a little bit of frankincense too.

Wet on skin: sweet lotus with a peppery undertone…

Dry on skin: wow, this is an interesting scent! A colourful, firework like explosion of bright sweet lotus and possibly some sweet juicy fruits or sugary notes as well, with the spicy, piercing and brilliant resin scent of frankincense, with a crackling scent of pepper and 'chakra spices' underneath. And maybe just an undertone of Indian incense, reminiscent of joss sticks and new-age shops, I think it's either sandalwood or nag champa. A very complex, multi-layered scent with many aspects, but it's very well blended, full of light, and very uplifting.

After a while: eventually all the notes-the lotus, the spices, the sandalwood (and maybe nag champa) and the frankincense all merge together nicely. No longer separate notes, they are all balanced and all at one, making for a unique and glorious fragrance which is candy-sweet, warm, spicy, fruity, floral, fruity and incense-like. It's cheerful and summery yet also profound and much more than a sugary sweet lotus scent.

At times, I get some drier notes coming through…I'm pretty sure that's sandalwood, as it reminds me of other sandalwood scents. I also get something almost like coconut-but that may be lotus, as the SN sometimes goes a bit coconutty on me (which is a good thing!)

After an hour, though the fruity lotus scent has great throw, close to the wrist, the scent is more like dry, spicy sandalwood incense, which is very nice.

There's also a moment which reminds me of the Hanged Man, that purple lotus with other florals scent.

But then after a few hours, the sweetness returns to the scent, it's sweetly fruity and quite creamy. I know it's lotus causing the fruity sweetness, but at times I get nuances of peach and mango in here as well. I think there may be vanilla in here as well, adding that extra creamy sweetness, and I get a golden feel to this scent which makes me wonder if there's a little bit of amber here too.

Verdict: another favourite in the Chakra collection. This scent puts into my mind a strong visual-a colourful starburst: a firework exploding into multicoloured sparks, one of those lotus mandala pictures, or a kaleidoscope…a glorious and complex lotus based scent with dashes of spice and incense, I'm thinking frankincense and sandalwood, as well as the peppery base common to all Chakra scents. The scent morphs from sweet, fruity, sugary lotus to dry spicy incense and back, it's very complex and with many facets, a unique scent which is uplifting and full of light. There are moments which remind me of the Hanged Man, and others that remind me of good quality joss sticks with nag champa, and by the end, the scent smoothes out into a delicious fruity lotus scent with lingering traces of incense. All in all, a wonderful scented experience and one of the most unique perfumes I've ever smelt-there is nothing else quite like this.

To sum it up in a smiley: :P

Edited by yeahbutnobut

In the bottle: Fruity...herby...a bit of spice?

Wet: Oh dear GODS this is awful wet. There's something that's like some...odd spice and floral note that's reaaaaally coming out on my skin and it's horrible!

Dry: Floral note vanished. Now it's that odd spice. And it mellowed down a LOT. I like this now. What is this smell? It's kinda spicey but...incense-y? Frankincense? I dunno coz I usually hate frankinscence.

Throw/Lasting Power: Eh not too powerful I think but this is just a test. I'll have to do a full day check.

Overall: I ended up liking this even though in the beginning it hated my skin. Nice scent.

3.5/5

In the bottle I smell a strong herbal type of smell...but there's something fruity and bubblegummish about it as well.

Lotus maybe? It's VERY intense, but lovely.

I'm thinking there's frankenscence in this, some fruity tones and the lotus...

It makes my nose tickle a little, but onto the skin it goes.

It is quite strong on me, it makes me literally say "woah!"..but it's so pretty, it really seems to help me clear my mind...help me focus.

It's soothing in a way.

It also seems to make me feel drained - like mentally tired after I had this on for about an hour - wierd.

I will be getting this in a 5ml.

I enjoy it :P

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Efficacy (if applicable): N/A

Summarised in a word or two: Frakincense.

In the imp: This reminds me of Mi-Go in the bottle, though darker, and not nearly as sweet.

On skin, wet: ILike RavenVelith. first on this is absolutely awful -- something this is just... not good at all with me. It didn't smell like this in the imp, so I'm confused.

On skin, dry: Well, whatever that was has passed, and it's now a... is this lotus? Frankincense? Huh. A bit sweet, and almost bubblegum-y, with with a dash of spice. Not bad, but as I don't really dig lotus or frankincense...

Conclusion: Yeah, not me. I don't have a clue what happened when I applied, but I'm glad that didn't stick around. All the same, well, I won't be wearing this as perfume. I can't comment on its intended purpose just yet -- soon, though!

In the imp: Bright spicy, slightly sweet.

On me: Very strong spicy scent now. Nothing sweet about this one anymore. I actually like this one sans the sweetness since it was doing unpleasant things when I smelled it in the imp.

Later: This just keeps getting warmer and spicier. Yum!

Chakra - Sahasrara: The Crown - Upon first applying this blend, it's bubblegum sweet with an herbal quality and reminds me a lot of Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo. However, as the blend dries, the fruity bubblegum sweetness mellows out a bit, and the strong scent of incense (possibly frankincense?) becomes dominant, layering itself on top of the sweet scent, and it's absolutely gorgeous! After that, it doesn't change much at all over time. It has a lovely level of throw, where a tiny dab on my wrists leaves the scent wafting about me, but it's not overpowering or strong. I simply cannot get enough of this scent! I really love it.

Like other reviewers, from Sahasrara, I get lotus, fruits, and frankincense. Like a premium original-flavor bubblegum. After a bit, the lotus begins to almost radiate with a kind of warm glow that seems very apt for this chakra. The scent becomes less candy-like and more expansive and complex.

After an hour, it's a beautiful blend---very rich and golden.

I have no idea how to use the chakra oils, so I'm just commenting on the scents.

In the imp, it smells bright, maybe citrusy.

On, it definitely smells bright. Light, sweet, and kind of glowing. There's a slight cleaning products feel to it, but not overly so.

Wet: oddly, this smells a lot like chicha morada - a sweet purple corn drink popular in south america. fruity, fruity-punch, candy. maybe it's lotus?

drydown: i can't even smell it anymore! i get a light, super faint woodsy smell, but i'm straining to find any scent on my arm.

Very different. Reminds me of ritual incense in India. It has an incense quality, but there's also something rich and earthy underneath. Smoky. Some light spices, but I'm not sure that I can say specifically what - cinnamon and nutmeg maybe?

This is a light sweet/spicy blend - it reminds me of the soft spiciness of carnations, with sweet incense.

imp: frankincense, sandalwood, myrrh... this smells fantastic!

wet: i'm getting sandalwood and a touch if lavender most strongly, but there is that slight bubblegum aroma of lotus as well.

dry: the myrrh has come out most strongly with that sweet lotus scent lightly mixing.

In the bottle: Sweet, green, and sharp.

Wet: VERY sweet, cloying. Maybe clove? Oh god I can't handle this. It makes me feel ill. *off to sink* Ah well.

Sickly sweet and sharp. Overwhelming.

Edited by fairnymph

Wow. Sahasrara is so much more light and subtle than the scents for the lower chakras (d'oh, I know). I get the same bubblegum/lotus note that other reviewers have discerned. It fades down quickly to a floral-spice note, and then is gone from this physical plane.

Okay so at the beginning there was a fruity vibe to it - but the lotus pretty much takes over and its this sticky sweet bubblegum mess of a blend.

It actually makes me feel kinda ill...

In bottle: Pleasant incense blend with quite a bit of sharpness and fruitiness to it, with the usual herbal undertone for chakra blends. Fruit dominant. I’m suspecting amber and maybe frankincense component of the incense. It’s rich and heady over all. Wet: I’m loving the way the frankincense and the rich juicy fruits blend. The herbs stay distinct. I’m really liking this one. Dry: Mostly frankincense and chakra herbs, sort of chalky with claws.