Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
rosered

Lump of Coal

This is the truly sinful scent of a sticky, thick, dark and rich fudge brownie.

And yet another review attesting to the brownie nature of this blend. Got an imp in a swap, and it is delicious fudge browinie, warm from the oven. Amazingly long-lasting too. This is a good scent to wear if one, say, is participating in a bake sale -- I'm pretty sure that it will increase slaes. Yum!

This smells like the world's best brownie. Better yet, it smells like brownie batter which I used to love sneaking whenever I had the chance. This is very rich and gooey, unlike some of the other chocolate scents that BPAL has. This is so decadent. It wears really well on my skin and always gets me compliments, even though I end up disappointing some who were hoping that I had a treat for them to eat!

This one is pure chocolately indulgence- So true to the scent of ooey-gooey baking brownies that it makes me want chocolate! This has got to be one of the best of the BPAL chocolates ever... it makes Bliss simply pale by comparison!

Mmmmmm, chocolate goodness....

I'll cut to the chase with this one: there is no morph, no difference between imp and wet and drydown, it is pure chocolate decadence. It is spot-on in capturing the scent of a pan of brownies, fresh out of the oven, with the edges a bit crispy and the middle still gooey and sticky. YUM.

I have to agree with everyone else. This really is ooey-gooey-fudgey goodness. I tend to have issues with BPAL chocolates going funny on me or smelling like peanut butter, but this one really didn't. I may just have to attempt to track down a full bottle.

I'm seriously contemplating putting up a rarity for a bottle, but I'm not sure yet. Maybe I should use up my imp first and see if it's really worth it.

...Oh my fudge.

Dark, GOOEY, evil brownie! I don't think any other foody scent has ever made me this ravenous.

I LOVE this, but I don't think I could wear it frequently. Because it. is. making. me. HUNGRY.

I made the mistake of putting this on shortly before bed, because I thought that perhaps, like Spooky, it would be a comfy-cozy scent. No. It just made me restless, because I craved a brownie so much!

Still, I'd kind of like a bottle of this one. :P

This smells incredible in the imp, and it's a clear color that makes you wonder how something so chocolatey isn't brown. But on...plastic. Sigh.

The years definitely do not detract from the dark, gooey, sticky, fudge-brownie loveliness that is Lump of Coal. I usually have to slather myself to be able to smell things after dry down. This is the first scent of any I've tried that I could smell all day. Wafts of brownie kept coming up past my nose whenever the fan rotated towards me, and it was delicious! And it's still there after 14 hours! Although I do admit it is quite faded. But it got me through an entire work shift. Plus, I only used a small swipe on each wrist (with one on the girls for good measure), since I don't want to go through the imp too quickly.

It didn't morph on me at all with time, which was just perfect. Amazing throw for me as well. This is definitely top 2 favorites material. It might even have usurped Underpants as #1. Only time will tell. :P

Oooh, a foody lover's dream. :yum:

This is definitely decadent, sinfully delicious, thick chocolate brownie. :wub2: Brings out my craving for chocolate. :thud:

Edited by angelicruin

Before I found BPAL, I had a phase of about a year, where I would only exclusively wear Demeter's Brownie perfume with a hand blended chocolate body lotion that my friend made for me. I really believed in that whole theory about men and their libidinous affinity for baking smells...Anyhoo, this is my old sig scent intensified, and imbued with magical properties! This is ooey-gooey fresh out of the oven brownies...this is my aphrodisiac brownie perfume loving wet dream! I think I even like this more than (dare I say) El Dia De Reyes!

I only have a wee partial decant of this and now I think I'm going to cry, because I could wear this everyday forever and ever!

:love!:

In the imp: Smells... well, it smells like chocolate! It's almost exactly the same as Bliss, but with a slightly tart note to it. Like chocolate covered cranberries. Nice, but not really the OMGBROWNIES smell I was expecting.

Wet: Not much difference. It smells like an exceptionally buttery version of Bliss- very much like layering... say, Cockaigne, or Shill over Bliss or El Dia de Reyes. I like it, but I'm not getting much brownie from it.

Dry: Still no real change, though I will say it's definitely got a "gooey" sort of feel to it. Average throw, average wear length. I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't brownie heaven on me, but hey, I'm sure someone else will appreciate it! Into the swap pile it goes.

EDITED BECAUSE OMG HOW WRONG WAS I

Okay, so apparently there seems to be two separate batches of LoC. One is the weird doughy, fruity blend I'd tested before, and the OTHER is this amazing, fudgey glorious melt in your mouth chocolate scent that I absolutely ADORE. HOLY GRAIL RIGHT HERE, PEOPLE.

Edited by downloadstone

It smells a lot like bliss (chocolate pudding) but slightly sweeter and different, more powdery.

Edited by BuxomM

What else is there to say? The most unbelievably realistic brownie scent ever. I don't know how a fresh-baked pan of brownies fit into that little vial I tested, but it certainly smells like the real thing.

i apparently never got around to posting my review of lump of coal, so here we go:

brownies. end of story. brownie batter, baking brownies, fresh brownies.

unfortunately i think it's too strong for me, but i was more than grateful for the chance to test it.

Lump of Coal is the scent of the most fudgy brownies ever. Darker and richer than Bliss. I wish this were a GC.