Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Cobra Lily

Sharp, heady and viciously carnivorous.

With no listed notes to work with bear with me folks. There is lily (of course) but not in your face. There is something that is almost citrusy - orange maybe? Also a spicyness comes through. But again, very suble. This is a scent that will draw you in before going for the kill. It definatly stays close to the skin.

The color in the imp is an outrageous red-orange. All in all this is lovely and it makes you want to keep on sniffing. :P

This is the only Rappaccini's Garden blend that I want a full bottle of so far. Surprisingly, given the description, it is one of the few that hasn't gone sharp or vicious on me. It's actually very soft, bright, and pleasant in my opinion :P

Cobra Lily smells like sweet honeyed lilies and hard orange candies on me. It's lovely and sweet, the sort of scent that you feel like you could get drunk off of. It gets a bit spicier in the drydown, but I'm not sure what sort of spice it reminds me of. After a while, this begins to take on a slightly bubblegummy scent and made me think of lotus.

Overall this is a very cheery floral though. And one that I can actually wear without getting a headache. Yay! :D

Edited by Blood onmy hands

For observation's sake, the blend is a very bright orange-red. Poppy red, I believe the Prismacolor marker equivalent is called.

In bottle: Very sweet, and for a moment it briefly reminds me of chrysanthemum tea. It is a bright and sparkly scent. It is a honeyed floral, very strong and definite lily. It seems to be a stronger, more potent Tiger Lily.

On me: Very true to the original blend. Beautiful lilies that have been sugared and honeyed into a sweet concoction. I mean bouquet. A bouquet of simply ravishing mouth-watering lilies.

A simple review: Cobra Lily smells like a incredibly large bouquet of stargazer lilies, with a tiny bit of cinnamon to keep the perfume from being too sweet and give some balance.

It doesn't last quite as long as I might like, but the floral is so purely gorgeous that I don't mind reapplying.

If you like lilies, you've got to try Cobra Lily. It's absolutely, as other reviewers have mentioned, a heady bunch of 'em. It smells like there might be a bit of orange and a bit of dragon's blood in here to me, but the lily is really the star player and the supporting notes are subtle.

I'm not so much of a lily fan, but I'm really glad I got to try this. It's one heck of an unabashed floral.

In the bottle : Sweet, fruity and floral. I get the same orange and lily scent that others are picking up.

On the skin: The lily pops out more and the sweet mellows into a nice accent. I'm with the order a big bottle group. I didn't know I could tollerate lily.

Normally I think of lily as a soft, sweet, delicate note, but this lily is the exact opposite of that. It's exactly as described, "sharp and vicous." This is an in-your-face, over the top, giant, fresh flower shop full of radiantly scented lilies. It has as much of a "sting" as any floral could ever have. Florals never last long on me, but this one is wicked enough to reapply. I love it, amazing, stupendous, etc...

Cobra Lily

In the imp: juicy, fruity lily. Lily with a berry or grape note perhaps? I love the colour of this oil! Makes me wonder if there's dragon's blood in this.

Wet on skin: oooh, this is lovely. I'm now getting a sweet, syrupy fruitiness along with lily.

Dry on skin: I like this! It's a fruity lily scent. I'm not getting spice from here yet-just a full on lily (possibly stargazer? It does remind me of Peitho's lily) and a sweet, nectar like fruity note. I'm getting a little bit of a citrus like bite, but the main fruit note is sweet, syrupy, juicy and red. I think it may be a grape or wine note? Or maybe some kind of berry-maybe strawberry? Or maybe cherry? Pomegranate perhaps? I'm not sure but it's a red fruit, and this scent seems to match the colour of the oil itself, I think. I don't get much dragon's blood from here.

After a while: there are two aspects to the fruity scent in this-one is tangy and tart, the other very sweet, very ripe, coated with sugar. I'm also wondering if there's a rose variant in here as I'm getting a scent reminiscent of the fruity rose note from 2 5 and 7. I'm also wondering if there's a red wine or grape juice note here too? There's also something which, according to my wonky skin chemistry, smells a bit like bananas and strawberries! In between this fruity conflict of sweetness and sharpness is a bit of lily. It's a strange scent, but quite pleasant.

The drydown of this is a light fruity-floral scent which reminds me of the Living Flame, I think. I wish I'd got the spices others mentioned though. I also smell the lily note a lot more now than I did before.

Verdict: this was not what I was expecting, though it was an enjoyable scent. I didn't get spicy lily from this, but I did get very fruity lily. A mix of tangy and sugar-sweet fruit notes, to be precise. It's a very red scent-but more of a pink-orange-red, very much like the wonderful colour that the oil itself has. I'm not sure what the fruit note is, but it smells almost like nectar at points, it's very sweet and ripe in smell, but with a tart bite to it. It does also bear a slight similarity to the Living Flame. I do like it, but I was hoping for spices, which I don't seem to get here. It's a nice scent but I'm not sure if I want a bottle.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

I am completely in love with Cobra Lily. It is miraculous that a bright orange lily-based scent should work so amazingly on my skin but it does!

Imagine the rich bottom heavy note in Tiger Lily overlaid by something spicy and thick and salty. I would be surprised if this had orange in it because orange notes turn into powder on my skin, and this remains very juicy and relatively stable.

It's definitely predatory and overtly sexy, but surprisingly close to the skin. It makes me want to prance around in gold bangles and a luxurious shawl. Excellent for those days when I need a dollop of bright haughty confidence. I love it!

Sniffing the imp and getting jasmine, actually!

On my skin this is like floral cherry lollypop. It seems like it could have dragon's blood in it. I definitely do smell iris.

As it dries this smells somewhat like a soap, too. Soap, and something spicy. Something that reminds me of Indian food.

As time passes the iris becomes truer and very pungent. It flares up suddenly.

Cobra Lily doesn't quite smell like stargazer lily, which is why I was so excited about it. I remember sniffing the SN (I'd dig it up, but am too lazy :P ) and being rapturously in love with it, but not so much with Cobra Lily. It doesn't smell much like calla lily, either. It just smells like lilies with a dash of something like orange punch (not an actual orange, because it's not citrus-y). On me, Cobra Lily doesn't live up to its name. It doesn't pack much punch and fades away after a few hours.

Cobra Lily has the swoony stargazer lily scent down pat. I thought it might be too strong when I sniffed it, but I put some on last night and you know what? It was just right.

at first: lily. very soft, but with a bite to it.

on: lots of lilies. there's somthine sharp and almost citrussy, too.

half an hour later: sweet lilies, beautiful.

1 hour later: powdery lilies.

2 hours later: powdery and slightly soapy.

overall: i love lilies, so this is pretty on me. however, i have a few other lily oils i like better.

Wet: Tangy orange and peel over sweet flowers.

Dry: Almost Kurukulla like, I smell flowers and sugar and sometimes I get a bit of orange. This isn't strong and I get little throw. Whereas Kurkulla has rose (to my nose) I get sweeter flowers here, headier flowers. It's nice, but I don't know if I need a full bottle. After an hour this gets sharper, more lily-like, and more of its own scent. It's still very sweet and floral, though.

Edited by AlaskaSnows

Wet on my skin, lots and lots of flowers. Lillies, I'd guess :D As it dries down something orange-ish comes out more and blends with the flowers.

This is very nice if you like florals! My BPAL adventures are leading me to believe that I'm definitely not a floral lover, though :P

This starts off as a very rich, fruity lily scent, as others have said. It's more of a warm blood-orange than a tangy citrus, adding a juicy quality to the sweet lily. Over time, a little spice makes its way in.

It fades pretty quickly, though, and becomes less bright and full. This would be a slatherer, if I keep the imp.

I usually don't comment on the color of an oil, but the color of Cobra Lily is amazing. It is a brilliant red orange.

In the vial: Lilly and blood orange. The lilly is very pleasant and I wish I could be more specific about the cultivar. This lilly does not have the strong indole scent that so many lillies have.

Wet: Wow, the orange scent is becoming more prominent. Sweeter than I expected.

Dry: This is really lovely! Subtle lilly with sweet blood orange undertones. I will enjoy the imp and may need a big bottle.

In the vial: Pretty lilies.

Wet: Lily still, but with a swash of perhaps patchouli? Could be sandalwood.

Drydown: Light and delicate, with a hint of bite underneath.

Dry: This one goes on very light. While it's pretty, and I'll probably keep it, it's one I'll have to slather myself in. Almost no throw.

Note: Frimp from the Lab.

In the bottle: Mandarin oranges, the tang of orange peel, maybe a hint of spice.

Wet: Spice. Clove, maybe? Pepper? The orange is like an afterthought.

15 minutes: As this dries, the lilies come to the forefront. It isn't as thick as white lilies, though, it's red and orange lilies, tiger lilies, clean and fresh. The orange peel note has gone and beneath the lily is full, juicy orange pulp. It's warmer than mandarin or regular oranges, though, a little darker--maybe blood orange. Beneath that is just a touch of spice to keep the lily and orange from becoming sickly sweet. I can't quite place it. Cinnamon bark? Mulling spices cinnamon, not Red Hots cinnamon. It makes me think of coffee cake, even though the scent isn't at all foody.

30 minutes: My first thought as I raise my wrist to my nose again? It smells like kisses. Not literally, of course, but the scent reminds me of slow, intense kissing, the kind that goes on for hours. There's some sort of herbal/resin base asserting itself now. Maybe red patchouli? Lily is still the predominant note, but there's definite cinnamon and something incensey beneath it. The scent is very faint, now, and I'm afraid it's going to disappear.

1 hour: The lilies and orange notes are gone. :P Now it's just slightly sweet, powdery incense. Not unpleasant, but disappointing. I really loved the first half an hour of this one.

Verdict: An absolutely beautiful floral while it lasted, I'll have to see if applying more oil at first makes this last any longer, or if I'll just have to reapply during the day. I really did love this at first, so I'm considering a 5ml if I can find some way to prolong the floral part of the scent.

Surprisingly, Cobra Lily was one of few newer GC scents that I adored.

It's warm but floral but not too intense. Warm and rich but not overdone or heady.

Lovely orange color oil.

YES! :P

My main thought here is OMG a floral that works on me!

In the bottle: smells a bit like candy, sugary and sweet with a whiff of lily.

Wet: soft, non-spicey lily.

Dry down: this starts picking up a sort of candied orange scent to compliment the lilies. They work very well together.

The candy scent stays strong as does the lily. They compliment each other very well and I'm thrilled that my skin doesn't throw the lily to the forefront to overpower everything else like it usually does with floral scents. I'd call this a floral for people who don't like florals. :P I'm thinking of getting a bigger bottle myself.

I'm not really a big floral gal, and I really could not tell you what a lily smells like, but evidentially I like them!

Cobra Lily smells like a more pure floral base note from Al Araff, without the honey's spicy sweetness that suffused that blend. Instead, this is a very tart refreshing blend, that is not overtly flowery in a musty-powdery-perfumy sort of way, but is very pretty with just enough bite to appeal. I really do like this pretty little cobra...

I always figured that I should avoid lilies, since they seem to just blend into that generic blah floral scent that most florals become on me. But I keep trying things that prove me wrong and Cobra Lily is another one that breaks all the rules.

Cobra Lily really grabs me on first sniff. It reminds me of Tiger Lily, a scent that I love despite not normally liking sweet florals. It's very similar to Tiger Lily actually but instead of leaning toward that golden honey scent, it has a slightly sour twang to it. A sort of tart, bitter herbal undertone, but perfectly blended in with a sweet, honeyed, succulent, fresh lily.

The color screams Dragon's Blood. Not a lot, just a little. I don't specifically smell it but I can't think of what else could be imparting this delightful orangey color. Maybe it's rounding out the scent and giving it that ... bite.

It calms down when it dries but I can still catch a glimpse of the slightly tart Tiger Lily scent that I liked at first sniff. This is one that you should try if you think you don't like florals. I'm not sure if it's stargazer lily or not but whatever it is, this is the lily that I like.