Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
wickedgoddess

Honey Moon

Honey Moon contains five different honeys, ranging from pale and sweet to deep and heady, with hints of jasmine, white gardenia, Hawaiian white ginger and thyme.

An imp I got from sarahj. Thank you ! :P

This is the third lunacy oil that I have tried so far. Out of the imp this smells floral and a bit sweet. It smells fainlty like overripe fruit. Wet, the overripe fruit is gone and and the florals start to amp up a bit. There is a slight sharp green smell in the background. As this dries, it smells like it is going to turn into powder but then it suprises me; this smells just like honey! The florals get pushed to the back and powder is gone. Oooh, I love this already! Dry this smells like sweet clover honey with a light floral background. I can smell this all day and I am so in love! I'm really wishing I could have gotten a bottle of this when it was available.

This is SO beautiful. It firmly cements my insane love of the Lunacy oils (pun intended).

In the Bottle: Honey and Gardenia.

Drydown: SCREAMING Gardenia and honey when wafting, near the wrist all Gardenia.

When dry: changes between solid honey and light gardenia and honey and an uneasy mix of the two, and a very happy mix of the two. My skin might be a little less than the perfect home for it.

1 to 10: 10 Buy Again: Every bottle I can.

I've not made my mind up about this one yet. I think it reminds me of Lush's Honey Trap Lip Balm which I don't like either. I think it just isn't sweet enough on me which is why I'm not adoring it. I think I will have to revisit it and then write a better review!

I'm not really a fan.

I snagged this one to see if the lunar oils make Honey work for me. They sort of do, but not really.

Too much Honey makes me think of tiquila's aftertaste and heavyness in my throat and stomach. I can see how people say this is a sexy moon, as the boyfriend liked it on me alot, but for some reason I couldn't stomach it that much.

I like an occational sniff, but wearing it makes me allmost queasy after an hour or so.

I'm definatly not a honey girl.

Um. It smells like honey, including the icky part of the honey odor.

And my skin turned into the stinky part, and then into hot plastic! :P

Needless to say, it is not staying with me.

Oro

I'm not sure about this one, unfortunately. The first sniff I took from my wrist my nose filled with the scent of pencil shavings. Not a bad smell, mind, but not something I want to smell like. :P Now, I'm not sure what I smell. Nope.. Pencil shavings are still in the back there.

To the swaps with you!

Wet I can smell honey, thyme and a drop of gardenia.

As it dries down I get the spicy touch of ginger and it turns less sweet and more floral.

A sweet and sexy perfume where the floral notes are nicely blended with honey.

i put this on this morning (Hunter Moon on my left hand, and Honey Moon on my right) and was a bit taken aback by the sort of genital muskiness of the blend.

i traipsed into the bedroom where the Boy was waking up. "smell" i commanded. he shrugged at the Hunter Moon, but at the HOney Moon he said, "I like that! It smells like 'let's have sex RIGHT NOW'".

so, i was right about the genital muskiness. and while it's a bit odd to be sitting here at work with the bedroom funk wafting up from my keyboard, i will be dabbing it on *after* work for date night on Wednesday!

overall that's what i get from this blend: sex, sex and more sex, with lots of girly parts in particular making the sex smell.

through a series of fortunate events, i have three imps, so i don't feel the need to hunt down and actual bottle, though i will have to hoard this carefully, and for special occasions :P

ETA: the throw from this is quite lovely and sweet -- but not overly sweet. in the air, the sex musk dies down and becomes a background note that anchors the honey and keeps it from attracting bees with the sugar. but as you move towards the skin, the sex musk gets more and more forward. definitely a keeper, but not for work wear :D

n.

Edited by zenvodunista

I get honey with faint delicate florals wafting in the background.

Not much to add to everyone else's reviews I know. What I did want to add is that I am not able to wear any of the other BPAL honey note scents I've tried as they all go rancid sweat sock on me. (Ewwwwww!)

But I can wear this, so if you've had the same problem - it might be worth trying.

Wet this is large, golden droplets of honey. Ooooh!

As it dries, it is more like smelling the inside of a delicate flower. Dry, though, the herbals and florals are competing with the honey. Sadly, I'm just the kind of gal that amps up the florals...I will save it for when I am feeling flowery, because it is quite nice, and I don't have many florals. Definitely one of my favorite LE's, and I will be using it all up.

When I first put this on, all I smelled was a BIG white flower smell; I'm guessing gardenia? I thought maybe someone sent me an imp of flower moon accidentally.

After about an hour (or slightly less), the floral went away and the honey that I was waiting for finally made an appearance.

I'll probably trade this away; I prefer the less floral, honey-laced Delphi.

I have a mixed record with lunar oils, a good record with honey, and a bad record with jasmine, so this could just go any kind of way.

Wet: But of course it goes JASMINE JASMINE JASMINE. As if there were no other notes in the world. Hint of jasmine indeed. I'm not sure I can even last to the drydown on this one.

Drying: Moderating a bit -- I can smell traces of the lunar oils now, and maybe a tiny whiff of ginger, but basically it's still just jasmine. No honey whatsoever that I can detect.

I think I'll just wash this one off before the jasmine gets to its sour stage. What a shame, I had hopes for this one. Good thing I didn't buy a bottle, though ...

This smells divine in the imp, but it's a little to sweetly honey once I put it on. It's nice and I'll probably wear it on occasion, but it's not something I think I would want to smell like on a daily basis.

Honey, Jasmine, and white ginger.

The white ginger is what put me off. It took over and the honey and jasmine went away. damn my chemistry *shakes fist*

Gardenia and Honey. This is very sweet and uber feminine.

The honey fades to leave a delicate, floral meddly.

Very pretty.

honeymoon.jpg

This is a pretty scent, but for the life of me I can't find the honey in it! It's more of a perfume smell than I am used to from BPAL. I can pick out the gardenia and other flowers but honey? Nope. I know there are 5 honeys in here from the description, but I'll be damned if I can pick them up. Too bad for me and I think that says more about my nose's blind spots than it does about this blend.

Overall I'd like to say this is a very feminine scent and would be great for anyone who has that persona. On the right person with the right skin chemistry, it would be a knock out.

Oddly enough, I do get the cedar notes out of Honey Moon. I think it's just a strange fact of the blend...something that happens when you smell it too close and the odor concentrates itself in your nose. It is pleasant and gives a uniqueness to Honey Moon that you don't expect.

Edited by olympia301

I swapped my 5ml of Freak Show for this without having tried it, so I was apprehensive, but quite pleased.

In the bottle: Mmm, sweet, nectary honey with a hint of spices. I also get a whiff of the florals, which concerned me, I admit. Me + florals = badness, but this turned out really well.

Wet: For a LONG time this smelled just as it did in the wet stage; which is, the ginger was prominent, with the honey in the background. I never really got the florals on my skin. But the ginger didn't smell like the usual ginger; also, after awhile it started to smell almost incensey. In fact, the surprising thing is that I ended up deciding that it smelled familiar because it smelled exactly like Athens, without the red wine. Which is actually GREAT, because that note was the too-sweet note that ended up making me feel nauseous when I wore Athens too many days in a row.

Drydown: Yep, this has a very similar drydown to Athens, as well - again, without being as sweet. For some reason, on me the ginger smells similar to the myrrh, but just a little sharper and, well, gingerier. I love the drydown stage most of all; it's lovely, and it's lasting a long time, with good throw.

This is just a fabulous honey scent. The white flowers blend with the honey for a not-too-sweet but cheerful scent. In fact it’s much less sweet than I expected, given the name, but it’s just gorgeous.

It stays close to the skin, and doesn’t stick around quite as long as I’d hoped, but longer than some – probably about 4 hours to re-apply.

although this does smell a bit like the dreaded honey lemon cough drops I so despise, it doesn't bother me! wow! lovely honey scent with a bit of... menthol maybe?

it makes me think of antiquity. of old photographs, because it smells sort of like my baby picture album from the 80's so maybe decaying photographs? weird.

It also has a sharp green smell to it. this would be great for Beltane. it smells like fertility!!

:P

Edited by ancilla

I'm slowly learning that ginger overpowers all other notes on my skin. In the imp, all I could smell was ginger, but from reading these reviews I'd hoped that the honeys would peek out once I put it on. Nope. Ginger, ginger, ginger. Very strong ginger. After an hour, it turned into baby powder and I washed it off. So sad. :P

Wet: Honey with a bit of jasmine.

Drying: Honey and florals (definitely a Hawaiian/tropical lotion smell). White gardenia and Hawaiian ginger!

Dry: It smells more like honey, but with something herbal. After another hour, it changes back and is dry honey--not rich, humectant sort of honey.

I'm not that big on honey scents, so I probably won't be keeping my imp.

Wet, Honey Moon is a florally scent, but not a screaming jasmine, which makes me happy. Once it's dry, the honey comes out. It starts fairly strong but winds down to a skin scent. I love honey, so this scent is divine. I had been a little worried about lunar oils, but they must work on me. I'm so glad I stopped by Alternate Realities.

If I could, I would roll in this, I'm not kidding, I love it that much. More than any other oil I've tried, it's "me". In the bottle it's honey with an under current of a sweet spicy smell, on me its all honey all the time. And It's gorgeous.

The initial wet scent reminds me a lot of O, which makes sense since O is honeyed too. Then the honey fades on drydown, and then it gets strongly incensy, which some of the lunar oils (sweet or foody ones usually) seem to do on me. I do like BPAL's honey smells, but O is it for me, this one can't replace it by a long shot. The other notes in O combine to make heaven, while the other notes in this one just don't tickle my fancy nearly as much.

I'd give it a 3 out of 5, with no need for a full size.