Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
wickedgoddess

Honey Moon

Honey Moon contains five different honeys, ranging from pale and sweet to deep and heady, with hints of jasmine, white gardenia, Hawaiian white ginger and thyme.

Absolutely lovely in the bottle. I adore the smell of honey. I'm hoping this works..... *keeps fingers crossed*

Oh no!!!! The dreaded jasmine blooms and takes over as soon as it hits my skin. If there is a drop of jasmine in a scent, my skin will find it and amplify it until it is overwhelming. Luckily, this oil fades quickly.

If you love the smell of honey, and play well with jasmine, you'll probably adore this scent.

I like the way it smells in the bottle so much that I'll be using it as a room scent. Edited by Shollin

Mmmm. This is another absolutely beautiful lunar oil on me.

There's a strong sweet honey, so much so that I keep expecting my skin to be sticky, like it would be if I'd put real honey there. Almost completely overwhelmed by the honey is the jasmine -- surprisingly, I like the effect. The jasmine is there and I can pick it out, and it has a little bit of spiciness from ginger, but it's subtle enough that mostly what I get is sweet honey. I keep resisting the temptation to chew my own wrist off because it smells delicious.

Of course, if this were on someone else, I might not be able to resist the desire to chew on them. And probably wouldn't want to. *grins evilly*

I want to layer this with Strawberry Moon now and see what happens. Though it might possibly lead to me exploding with delight. *giggles*

Wet: Honey sweet, jasmine high!

Dry: Still honey and jasmine, a bit of ginger spiciness

Final: I've been hoping to find a jasmine scent that I adore, and this is it. I love this! I must eBay a bottle immediately.

Mmm, Honey Moon is really sweet and soothing; it reminds me a bit of these honey lemon tea and honey-filled cough drops I suck on when I'm sick (makes me think of them in a good way!). It's quite comforting... there's honey, jasmine, and another type(s) of floral.. gardenia? This is a very pretty scent, but I think the jasmine may be a bit too much for me.

Edited by jazlyn

In the bottle, this is lemon tea to me.

First on, I was a little scared as it took a slightly... I don't know how else to say this but a slightly urine-y scent.

After about 15 minutes, though, that went away and the honey started to come out. It's a decent mix of honey and jasmine on me, though in comparison to O (which I was hoping this was like, only more amplified in terms of the scent of honey), Honey Moon is more powdery.

As it has worn on, it's still jasmine and honey, more jasmine than anything - if I didn't know what the notes were, though, I would say that it does still smell like a strong, hot cup of tea with lemon and honey in it. For that alone, it's worth the outrageous price I paid for a big bottle of it :P

In the vial: This is a very florally honey scent. The honey is obvious, but man are the flowers strong.

Wet: And even stronger on skin. I never have been able to pinpoint exactly what jasmine smells like, but if this is it, I don't think I like it. I've probably said that before, but this is a floral/sour/sickly sweetness that I can't be sure I can pin down to a specific scent name.

Dry: It disappears pretty quickly on me, but I think that I will save this for swapping rather than wearing.

Well, poop. I bought this because SN Honey is the most amazing scent on the planet, but as usual jasmine thwarts me again!

At first the honey puts up a fight, raising its fits and screaming "Jasmine be damned! I am the Queen around here!", but jasmine is insidious and sneaky, and uses its powers of Uber-Floralness to beat the honey into submission, until all I can smell is jasminejasminejasmine.

*pouts* Not fair! Oh well, this will find a good home, since I offered it up to the BPAL care package peeps.

Scent in bottle: Wow, that's honey all right. It's unsurprisingly very similar to Sudha Segara in the bottle.

Scent on me:

Wet -- Soft honeys, a touch of ginger, and more honey. Maybe the thyme and jasmine lurking in there somewhere?

Dry -- Lots of honey, and a sort of ginger-herbal note to it as well.

Conclusion: Sudha Segara's slightly more charismatic twin brother. I'm extremely fond of it, but I have a giant bottle of Sudha Segara, so no worries that Honey Moon is a limited edition. It's much stronger than Sudha Segara, though. I smell like I've been lightly dipped in some sort of honey dust, despite only dabbing a bit on my wrist.

This one is wonderful. Loads of sweet, sticky honey poured over jasmine and gardenia... something in there makes me think of clovers too (clover honey?)! It's beautiful, unusual, and very comforting, like a hot cup of exotic tea on a chilly morning. I'll be hoarding my precious little decant and looking for more honey-licious scents in the GC and upcoming LEs. :P

Honey Moon is pretty weird on me.

It starts out with a strong sweet lovely Honey and then the Jasmine comes out, which every one else has mentioned. I actually kinda like jasmine though. :P I really don't mind it as long as the jasmine is tempered with something else. I also smell something spicy right as it's drying, which must be the ginger.

After it's completely dry it's another story entirely. The jasmine has disappeared completely and the only whiff of Honey I get is when I'm sniffing about 2 inches away from my skin, any closer and I get over-whelmed by the gardenia, which has become horrible chalky sweet floral. I don't know if this is just a different gardenia than I'm used to or it has combined with the ginger or thyme in some crazy way that totally throws my poor nose off. I do know that this isn't a scent that my skin likes too much. I wish it could have worked for me.

Origins - various places: ebay, the forums, LJ...

Wet - Honey and milk

Dry - When I'm out in the sun, my skin gets a certian scent to it that I tend to enjoy. Honey Moon smells of this scent. It reminds me of a great day spent outside in the sunshine, enjoying life. The Honey and milk that I seem to get with this share the spotlight together - the honey and cream cloyingly playing with one another.

On a scale from 1-5, this one gets a five from me. I love this scent - right now it is ny second favorite!

Ah, I lucked out swapping for this! I love it. I just get straight up honey from it. In the bottle it's a little more green/herbal but as soon as it's on it's sweet honey, not cloying at all. Apparently my skin chemistry plays well with honey, as the honey note in Khajuraho predominates on me. Honey Moon has a touch of clover to it, making it just that little bit more complex. I think I prefer scents that are a little more multidimensional on me, but this is gorgeous and I will certainly be busting it out when I want to smell super-sweet.

This was a very sweet frimp in a trade.

In the imp, and wet on my skin: Single-note Jasmine. The hell?

I actually went and looked at the imp to make sure I didn't read it wrong, and then looked up the notes, because I smelled no honey whatsofreakingever.

Jasmine, jasmine, jasmine, jasmine.

An hour later: sweetened jasmine.

Did I mention how much I hate jasmine? Woe.

ETA: Three hours later, the jasmine has burned off and now it smells like...well, Milk Moon. Weird.

Edited by harmonyfb

bottle:

light honey, touch of floral

wet:

very light scent, almost a lemon edge to it…. And honey, but not as prominent as I expected.

dry:

Faint lemon which fades, then light honey, with some florals in the background a VERY light scent, unless you slather I suppose (but with this hard to find one, no slathering here)

overall:

Not quite what I expected - very lovely, but I won't be paying an arm and leg for more, I'd rather have O.

rating: 8/10

In the vial this smells rather like a spicy floral, with the flowers and the ginger and thyme combining, but I can't smell the honey. On my skin, the florals and spicy scent start to pull back and become a touch generic and maybe slightly plasticy. After it warms up the honey scent starts to come through. It smells like thick, dark honey with a touch of something in the honey; probably the ginger. It isn't really sweet. In fact, it smells just like a fancy honey that you'd buy at the Royal Melbourne Show! After a few hours, it begins to remind me of the scent that's behind O, when used in my car diffuser.

Edited by kunoichi

Honey Moon - I don't usually like honey scents, but BPAL often surprises me, so I thought I'd try Honey Moon. This particular fragrance leaves almost no impression on me whatsoever. It's one of the most forgettable BPALs I've tried. It's not bad, but there's certainly nothing special about it. It has a touch of honey and reminds me slightly of mead when it's first applied. As it dries down, however, it turns on my skin by acquiring a plasticy scent. I can smell a bit of gardenia and the faintest hint of jasmine, but mostly I just get a faint, sweet-plastic smell. I definitely won't be wearing this again.

In the Bottle: All I smell is gardenia. *wrinkles nose* I was afraid of that.

On Application: Hmm, the jasmine is stronger on my skin, which is a good thing. That's what I mostly smell, and a touch of a spicy herb. I don't, unfortunately, smell any honey yet.

On Drydown: Jasmine, lots of it. There's a faint sweetness underneath it, but all I really smell is the jasmine. That's okay, I like jasmine. No gardenia, thank goodness. This is very pretty.

Comments: I'll definitely retest to see if more of the honey comes out, but I'll likely wear it anyway because I like the jasmine.

Verdict: Keep, find a partial or empty bottle to combine imps.

It smelled like pure honey in the vile, but the instand it touched my skin it turned floral.. boo.

I think I'm getting more of the floral notes that any of the honey notes. I'm definitely smelling the jasmine and Hawaiian White Ginger (I used to live in an area filled with it). Although it tastes sweet (the flower, not the oil!), I never cared for the scent.

mmm yumbly! i get pure honey from this, no florals. but i'm not complaining. it's wonderful if you're a honey fan like me. :P it lasts a good long time and has an above average throw on me, so it's a definate winner. i wish i'd get lucky enough to locate a bottle, but i'm not too optimistic. you never know though, stranger things have happened! meanwhile, i'll definately savor the precious in my imp! :D

In the imp: A little bit of sweetness and some light herbs. It smells good.

On me: A whole lotta nothing. My skin ate it right up. Even the jasmine, which is one of my favourite notes. One patch of skin smells slightly sweeter than another, but that's it. It has no throw on me.

first sniff - woah. honey. with an after-smell of something mildly herbal. this smells promising.

on me - honey. through and through. sticky, golden, melt-on-your-tongue honey. as much as this smells good, it's just not me. i need some spice with my sweet.

Usually honey notes are not my friend in perfume oils, although I love the smell of real honey. But this seems to be a pretty popular lunacy oil, so I wanted to try it anyway.

I'm glad I got the chance to try it -- it proved to me that BPAL's honey notes don't always smell like play-doh on me. This is actually mostly a floral on my skin, a sweet one, with a warm creamy undertone. The floral notes are just a little too heady for me, though. The blend is very interesting, but it's not something I'd wear. I don't tend to wear anything that has a prominent floral note in it.

I'm happy that there are so many people out there who like this one, though -- there are several BPAL oils (like this one) that are so pretty I feel bad for not liking them. Like I'm hurting their feelings for not appreciating them like I should. So I'm pleased that I'll be able to find a good home for this imp. :P

Honey usually equals *no* for me and when I first applied this oil I thought "uh-oh" because I got the "O" smell (which on me smells like gym socks.)

However something wonderful happened...as it started drying down it blossomed into this amazing, powdery, flowery smell. The honey took a back seat. I'm REALLY liking this one a lot. See...just an example of how you think you might not like something and then it turns beautiful