Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tess

Butch yet not manly scents?

So, yes, sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. :D Searches for "butch" and "picking up the ladies" didn't render anything. :P

I'm one of those women who comes across as neither butch nor femme, so I'm trying to give myself a bit of "pheramone" to make heads turn when I walk by. :D I was thinking something slightly musky, maybe a bit spicy, that could give me a waft of power and sexiness. Just don't want to smell too guy, since attracting heterosexual women would make things even more odd.

...pretty much anything that makes you want to pick yourself up, I guess. *laughs*

My first thought was Loviatar. This one is sex and power. Hot leather, musky, slightly spicy, and there's even a hint of sweetness to balance it all out. Is there a panting icon? :P

Edited because I can't spell. :D

Edited by ViolentKitten

So, yes, sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.  :D  Searches for "butch" and "picking up the ladies" didn't render anything.  :P

I'm one of those women who comes across as neither butch nor femme, so I'm trying to give myself a bit of "pheramone" to make heads turn when I walk by.  :D  I was thinking something slightly musky, maybe a bit spicy, that could give me a waft of power and sexiness.  Just don't want to smell too guy, since attracting heterosexual women would make things even more odd.

...pretty much anything that makes you want to pick yourself up, I guess.  *laughs*

I think Golden Priapus fits that mold - also Queen of Sheba. You might try Come to Me. Although that may be fresher than what you want, it's very slightly musky and has a pheromone quality to it - but I think all Beth's scents do, so I'm prejudiced. I can't think of any others right now - I'm fairly heavy into femmy perfume. Here's hoping you get some more answers! It's an interesting question.

Oh yes, try Loviatar. Also, Dragon's Heart. How about Sin? I've yet to try that one but I've heard great things about it. Hmm, and there's always Scherezade. Musky and spicy both, that one. Morocco could work, too. Oh, and Hamadryad! Though that one's more woodsy/spicy, as opposed to musky/spicy. Still, it's yummy. It'd pick me up! :P

Edited by riddel

one could never go wrong with Snake Oil i guess... man, woman, even cats and rabbits are attracted to it :P

I second Hamadryad. I just got through testing it and it is one great unique blend which smells of wet wood, in the best of all possible ways. You might want to try Aglaea as well, which has a woody/herb note thanks to myrtle, and an apricot twang to it.

I would reach for The Lion for a golden amber/carnation (aka light light clove)/white musk/can't get you out of my mind sort of introduction. Not too masculine, but you don't come off like a floral lady either, The Lion treads the line adroitly while trailing an air of intelligence and charm.

Edited by olympia301

Perversion is a great choice. Here's the description:

The perfect scent to wear to your next bondage ball, dungeon adventure or sojourn to your favorite pleasure dome. Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka. (Gender neutral)

It's smoky, yet sweet and VERY sexy!

I first thought of Dragon's Heart.

It depends on your chemistry, but Dracul can be really nice even if it is a traditionally male scent.

Edited by Summerpixy

I come across as too butch to be femme, or too femme to be butch, or something. Anyway, my scent preferences also seem to straddle the line. (ha! straddle! sorry) My all-time favorite butch perfume is Hellfire. Some people might think it's manly, and maybe it is, but to me it's the olfactory equivalent of dressing up in a silk smoking jacket and not much else:

A scent celebrating Sir Francis Dashwood's Order of the Knights of St. Francis of Wycombe, also known as the Hellfire Club. A swirl of pipe tobacco, hot leather, ambergris, dark musk and the lingering incense smoke from their Black Mass.

I think it says, "You, girl! Swoon into my arms!" Perversion's just too sweet for me.

I second Dragon's Heart, but I think somewhere along those lines and maybe even more so is Fenris Wolf. I don't know if others would categorize it as masculine, but when I wear it I feel a little aggressive and feral. Definately a scent for those of either gender who wanno be on top.

Oh yes, I have to enthusiastically second Fenris Wolf. I hear that it smells wonderful on men (I don't have a boyfriend, so I don't know about this), but more women should wear it. Ardisian described it perfectly, so I won't bother trying to top her :P, although I will say that it contains plenty of red musk, which I think is Beth's sexiest musk.

I must agree with the Hellfire recommendation... such a smokey, sexy, warm scent. Loviatar is also a wonderful, musky, leather-ish scent. You might also want to look into Anne Bonny.

If you want to go for something a bit cleaner, I recommend Severin... I feel like drooling whenever I smell it, on women and on men. Earl Grey tea and leather... yummy!

I second (or third, or fourth, whatever) Perversion. Feminine, but definitely not girly, and sexy as all heck. Also, it sounds odd, but Czernobog wasn't too masculine on me. It was dark and aggressive and quite sexy, but had a certain sweetness to it on my skin.

You might also try Anathema? Very sexy, though to my nose it was a bit masculine. However, it's still floral, so I guess that thought adds a bit of a feminine vibe.

I'll add another vote for Perversion.

Though, technically I suppose I'm most attracted to androgynes, not butches. But I'm one of the femmiest femmes one is likely to meet, so, gotta be worth something. ^^

It doesn't matter who it's on -- my vote is for Severin. Hands down the sexiest "come hither" BPAL I've had the pleasure of smelling. (And I had to bitchslap my brother from taking it because the ensuing "SEX SEX OMG SEX" reaction would have been dreadful.)

Also, I think Dorian would work for you, too -- it's sweet tea, but not too sweet, and has hints of moss and lavender, and some mild musk. It's definitely my "c'mon and get me" scent.

So many wonderful suggestions! Thanks to you all, I'll hopefully be drawing the eyes of beautiful women everywhere I go. :P

Wonderfully enough, several of those scents are on the way to me and those that aren't are quickly being added to my June 1st order or wishlist.

You're all darlings!

tombstone!! and roadhouse, in fact I think roadhouse could be the butch scent, beery, a bit dirty oh yes, definately...

(lol, it's my pick anyway and seems to have the desired result :P )

Dracul, I don't care if it's sapposed to be traditionally masculine. I love it and wear it all the time. Woodsy, spicy and musky with a hint of tobbaco. This is one of the most perfect BPALs I've come across. Oh, and I'm not big on smellin like a man either, so I think this one would fit what you're looking for.

Loviatar is dark mysterious and sexy.

Sacred Whore of Babylon, yes I'm plugging the Sacred 'Ho again (hey any chance I get I'll take it). This stuff is so damn good, I could not say enough good things about it. I love it so much, I could bite myself when I wear it. Instead I settle for drooling and sniffing. It's sweet smoky and spicy over gardenia goodness.

Eclipse is almond and vanilla with spicy cinnamon kick and smoky frankincense.

Wanda, there is nothing in this that doesn't scream sexy.

Dracul. It reminds me of a tall, dark, handsome, and mysterious guy....but it's got something soft and sweet to it that could totally suit the right woman. If black musk wasn't ass on me, I'd roll around in it every day. :P

tombstone!! and roadhouse, in fact I think roadhouse could be the butch scent, beery, a bit dirty oh yes, definately...

(lol, it's my pick anyway and seems to have the desired result  :P )

Dude. Tombstone would be HOT. Seriously. It's a bit too masculine for me to wear myself, but...wow.

I am DYING to smell Dracul. Dying. No pun intended =P.

Throw another vote onto the pile for Dracul and Perversion. I think that Dracul is darkly sexy while Perversion is more playfully sexy.

Others that I have found to be more or less unisexy: Haunted, Kali, Black Phoenix, and perhaps Masquerade.