Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Gloriously innocent and guileless: pure buttered popcorn!

what can i say everyone else is correct it is buttered popcorn, beth could have called it sex w/ orville :P

I'll admit it - out of all the Odditorium scents, Shill was the one I was least interested in. The only reason it's in my possession was because ordering the entire collection was the same price as ordering the other 12 individually - so I consider Shill a freebie.

Out of the bottle, why yes, Shill is pure, unadulterated buttered popcorn. And on my skin, more of the same. But it's better than I expected for that very reason - I was expecting there to be a sweetness, more like those buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Bellies... but I'm glad there's not. This just makes me smell buttery and lightly salty, and while I don't see myself wearing this on a date or anything, it's a nice homey smell.

What else can I say? It's pure buttered popcorn. It's exactly buttered popcorn. At first, I thought I would not keep this imp, but now I'm debating. Honestly, I don't think I would wear it very often. It's very interesting and I'm attracted to it because I'm a popcorn junkie. I don't know how she did it but this is another scent that shows just how awesome Beth is.

This scent is hilarious!! It really makes me smile! I wasn't sure if I would actually try it on, but said "what the heck" and put some on my wrists. My skin totally soaks this up (Heh, just like my butt soaks up butter! :P ) and it's nearly immediately gone. Very fun to have as an imp though!!

Shill is what it is. Like most of the other reviewers have mentioned, there's not much else to say about it - it is dead on buttered popcorn. The kind you by from old fashioned red carts at the fair or the zoo.

This is the kind of smell that I usually try to get off my skin after eating said popcorn, though, so I sent the imp on to a good home. :P

Shill - this will be my new going to the movies scent. Fresh it does smell exactly like hot buttered popcorn, as it dries the popcorn scent fades somewhat and it becomes sweet and buttery. Occasionally I catch a hint of something floral. After several hours it has faded a lot and just smells buttery. Shill is a bit of a morpher and I like it!

i had the husband (who knew absolutely NOTHING about Carnaval Noir) to open this one, smell it, and tell me what it was. he was hesitant. i don't have your bloodhound nose, he protested.

it's okay, i told him. i just want your opinion, no matter what it is. emboldened, he twiested the vial open. and sniffed.

he broke out into a glorious smile. popcorn! he exclaimed! hot, buttered popcorn!! with EXTRA butter, and salt!

beth and the lab are fecking geniuses.

and that says it all.

Unlike everyone else I smell dirty buttered popcorn in the imp I received. Then on the skin it does change to salty buttery popcorn which I love.

I'll keep my imp, but I don't think I'll be ordering a bigger bottle of this.

A Caramel Corn delight! But as it dulls on my skin it turns to a salty sweet combo. I like it. Accept that if makes me want to lick my arm. :P

oh my goodness!! the most heavenly buttery popcorn i have ever smelled :P

i doused myself with this little imp...i love how shill recreates itself and turns

slightly less buttery and more of a pure, freshly popped bag o' popcorn....

my only rant is she doesn't last nearly as long as i would like her too....other than that, this is such a fun and fabby scent!!! :D

First sniff from the bottle - OMGWTFBBQ!?! Popcorn!!!! :D

After 20 minutes- Ok, out of all the Carnival Noir scents I thought this one would be the one I would hate. Well guess what? It's my FAVORITE!!!! :P I thought for sure this would have the same butter note in it that Jack has...and it doesn't. It's pure popcorn. It smells like that first whiff of fresh popcorn you get when you walk into a movie theater. Oh God...it is sooooo good.

Summery- It fades far to quickly that I would like, but it is so good I don't care. This will be one of my top 5 all time favorite BPAL scents. :D

Edited by requieminblack

Like Graveyard Dirt and Rose red, this is one of those blends where Beth seems to have put something in a blender and poured it into a bottle and said 'here ya go!"

That's fabulous NM!!! And that's exactly what this one smells like, eau de buttered popcorn! This one definitely shows off Beth's complete brilliance, but it isn't really something I would wear. Seeing as I hate popcorn and all.

Does it smell exactly like buttered popcorn?

Yes.

Do I want to smell exactly like buttered popcorn?

No.

In bottle: Yesterday I tossed a bag of 'Butter Lover's' popcorn into the microwave and cooked it up. Today I open Shill and the same fragrance greets me as when I opened the bag yesterday - the only difference is now thre is no cloud of steam.

On me: On my skin the buttery note fades but is still present; the popcorn aspect amplifies. It's good, tho'. I won't wear it because really, who wants to go about smelling of popcorn? - but I love it, and I will burn it in my oil burner and my house will always smell of fresh buttered popcorn. Victory!

Yay Shill! :D I bought this knowing I wouldn't want to wear it as a perfume, but use it as a room scent instead.

It's definilty pure buttered popcorn, and I LOVE it! ^^ :P

I love any sort of popcorn scented or flavored anything. Someone mentioned the Jelly belly popcorn jellybeans, and yes! it's exactly like that (and the popcorn ones are one of my favorites).

Shill isn't something you'd want to wear (or..err..maybe you would...but not me :D)

But I do love it as a room scent.

Two thumbs up for Shill!

In the bottle - butter, salt and popcorn in that order

Wet on me - the butter fades to leave the popcorn in the foreground

2 hours later - the whole thing has become very faint with just the corn and the occassional waft of butter.

In the Bottle: popcorn jellybellies

On the Skin: Shill smells like sweet, buttered popcorn jelly beans. These are among my favorite jelly beans. As it dries, the sweetness goes away and I'm left with butter and popcorn. A yummy smell and Beth captured it perfectly.

Shill didnt' stick around for long - it vanished pretty quick, under 2 hrs. Not sure what I'll do with the bottle as I don't see myself ever wanting to smell like popcorn and reaching for it. Maybe a room scent or laying with other scents?

I got this from modesty_blaise. Thank you, dear!

Well, This smells just like popcorn out of the imp. Smells like those extra butter microwave bags of popcorn. It even smells salty. Neat.

On my skin it still smells like popcorn, but it doesn't last long. I really wouldn't wear this and I'm not sure how I would use this. A room scent? I don't know... But it is cool that it smells just like buttered popcorn. I'm glad I got to try this out, though.

Edited by slugbait

I got my imp of Shill all over my hands when I tried it. :P So I really can't give an accurate evaluation of its strength/throw.

It did smell very strongly of buttered salty popcorn, but it kind of turned funky on me after about 30 minutes. It would be great for a room scent, though. :D

Edited by ladymissspyder

DAMN, I love my Shill! I don't know what it is with me and popcorn. Buttered popcorn is my favorite flavor in Jelly Bellies :P

This is sweet, toasted popcorn (kernel and all) with a nice coating of butter and a tad bit of salt. It can be a bit sweet sometimes, almost verging on kettle corn.

When my boyfriend smelled it he said, "How can they make it smell just like the real thing? Now you can smell like you work at a movie theater." Haha, I told him it would be a room scent, but I kind of like wearing it, lol.

I have to add: everytime I am in a happy content place at home I always have the urge to put on Shill. It just makes me even happier! It's not a leave the house perfume, but I love it because it always puts a smile on my face :D

Edited by Rheliwen

Oh popcorn. Buttery buttery popcorn. I get a whiff of something almost like chocolate in it! This is decadent popcorn. I wish I could have soap that smelled like this.