Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Flower Moon 2005

... Flower Moon embodies the unrestrained bliss, energy and color of the season: a bouquet of vivid, sexy blooms… tulip, daffodil, violet, dewdrop, rhododendron, iris, daisy, and a mix of California wildflowers.

I was not enthused at the 'flower' part of it at first, but it ended up being a beautiful oil on my skin!

It does not smell "old lady," but instead.... just smells good! It's a very clean type of floral, and the wildflowers come to a great head on me.

I love it! I'm hunting down imps as I can!

I found Flower Moon to be very strong and floral, but in a different sense from Eos and Euphrosyne. Also, from trying Milk Moon and Flower Moon, they both seem to have a note that makes my stomach queasy (the "lunacy blend" component, perhaps? I'm not sure), which didn't help matters. The next morning, it dried to a pretty nice scent, but it took so long to morph into something I could enjoy, this isn't something I'd purchase. Not that I really can, since it's from the Lunacy collection, but you know what I mean.

Wet : This is a delicate floral. I really was trying this expecting to absolutely hate it, hence only obtaining a decant imp. It does seem to be tapered by something fruity and sweet, perhaps a peach.

Drying: I smell the different florals, but more strongly I also smell the fruit. It's a very pleasant smell, with the florals balancing each other out nicely.

I definitely smell the violet in this.

One of the florals is taking the top and I'm not sure which it is.

Dry: Pleasant, straight floral, like a nice bouquet from the florist. You know, without the added powdery or fruit notes. They fade away.

Edited by aidenraine

First impression: Overkill of DAFFODILS. reminds me off springtime. Clean and very floral. Florals aren't really my "thing", but this is very pretty.

On the skin: The floral overkill mellows to a nice fresh flowery tulip smell. Over 2 hours since I tested it, and it's still powerful from just a little dab.

I like it, but I don't think it's something I would wear more than once or twice. It's something I can see wearing to a springtime wedding... oh well.

First sniff: O frabjous day – I think I can wear this one! It’s floral, yes, but a gorgeous clean fresh-air floral. It’s a wildflower meadow, not a greenhouse packed stiflingly full of expensive blossoms.

Wearing: So wonderfully fresh and clean, and I rarely say that about florals. It’s just sweet enough, with a touch of sunshine, and I’m going to love wearing it on this cold rainy November day.

Alright, I'll be honest here, I'm not good at reviewing florals. But, being that this is my favorite BPAL oil ever I feel I should give it some props.

The scent in the bottle stays really true on me. It's a slightly spicy handful of fresh, dew-covered flowers from the florist. Surprisingly enough, I don't get any roses or violets out of this one, nor do I get any sweet/green notes. It's just a straight up, bouquet of flowers that blend wonderfully together. On me the staying power is great, I rub it on my wrists and chest and it lasts all day. I also love the sunny color of the oil itself.

If this were a catalog, I'm sure I'd have eighty bottles of the stuff hoarded in my closet. As it is, I'll just treasure the one I do have.

Edited by BelladonnaBarbie

So very, very floral. Obviously. But it isn't the traditional floral--there's no overpowering rose or lily or carnation (and I like all those floral notes, don't get me wrong). This is a bright and sweet field, a crisp breeze on a hillside, an early sunlit afternoon. Incredibly vibrant and verdant.

I'm definitely going to hang onto this imp. Maybe hunt down a bottle. It's gorgeous.

All florals--as one would expect. I like the "lunar oils" in the other Moons, but couldn't really pick it out here. It became a little overpowering as time went on. Off to the swaps pile with it!

Flower Moon is like it sounds......filled with florals. It actually smelled quite fruity to me in the Imp, but when it hit my skin, it was like a wildflower garden exploded in the room! After a bit it softens, and I'm smelling a soft citrus of some kind, maybe mandarin...overall, it's a beautiful floral dance.

In Bottle: Floral (shocker!)

On Skin: I smell the spring tulip and daffodil right away. Beautiful and bright! Juicy and covered in dew. The violet and daisy provide a softer and more playful side to the scent. Obviously, this is a floral scent. I am reminded of room freshener, candles and bouquets. I think that it goes without saying that for lovers of floral scents, this one is a must. If you mixed this scent with it's sister scent, Milk Moon, I believe ir would form a scent very similar to Chaste Moon and that I would love. On it's own it doesn’t really stand out to me, it’s just kind of a basic floral scent and doesn’t do much for me, but I’m not a big fan of florals either…

Edited by slave1

Fresh From The Imp: Very floral, in a sweet way.

Wet On My Flesh: I can't pick out any particular flowers, but I'm definitely reminded of a florist's shop.

Drying Down: Still floral. I was hoping for more "sexy" floral, but it's just plain "flowery" florals.

Hour To Integrate: Very sharp flowers. My nose hurts.

End Of Day/Final Report: Should I be so happy that I've found another LE that I don't much care for? My bank account, and my obsession with Khajuraho, thanks me.

Daffodil, with some daffodil on top. I really don't care for daffodil notes (also very prominent in Beltane '05). I just can't get past my dislike of that scent. The other notes seem nice but I can't cope with the overkill-o-daffodil. I know someone who would adore this though- not sure how she'd react to BPAL, being a 60something co-worker, but she is always talking about how much she loves them, and when we had a bouquet on the desk (annoying me with it's scent) she told me she would love to find a daffodil perfume someday. How about tomorrow, Louise? Hopefully she'll appreciate it more than I can.

2 out of 5.

Bottle: heady floral, an explosion - I can't pick out a single note.

Wet: I can separate the tulip and violet, and that sinus-grabbing sweet must be the dewdrop. Then a cacaphony of florals behind.

Dry: the florals are mellowing except for that one sweet note that's driving stakes into my sinuses. Right between the eyes. Ow.

Later: Oh that sweet note is just not calming down at all. It's otherwise lovely, actually, but lovelier on someone with a skin chemistry to really make it shine.

Flower Moon was kind of "meh" on me, which is surprising because the Lunar Blends usually work really well on me. FM was kind of a generic floral on my skin.

flowermoon.jpg

This one was really really pretty white flowers. Masses of lunar blossoms. I could not pick out the individual notes, there were too many of them and they were all white flowers with thick waxy petals and bloomed at night. This one was a rare and fabulous treat.

Flower Moon instantly reminded me of spending afternoons seated beneath the covered flower garden my mom created in our back yard. I didn’t even need to read the Lab description to know there had to be rhododendron, tulip, daffodil, and violet in the mix. I’d be surprised to find out there’s no honeysuckle, azalea or bougainvillea in the blend, too. Unfortunately, it didn’t take me long to smell the iris, which my mom never had in our garden and which is anathema to my body chemistry. While the iris note doesn’t agree with me, it’s faint, and for that I’m grateful, because the rest of this scent is simply gorgeous. This is all-flower and anyone who doesn’t enjoy florals wouldn’t enjoy this in the least. This is a late-spring/early-summer scent and I'll be getting a lot of mileage out of it this summer.

bottle:

sweet fruity floral

wet:

floral, so sweet it seems fruity

dry:

same

overall:

nice, but too sweet for my taste

rating: 5/10

In the imp: Very floral. It's slightly soapy even before touching my skin; this does not bode well.

On me: Pure soap. It's one of the nicely scented soaps you put in your guest bathroom, but soap nontheless.

I was hoping I'd like this because it really sounds like something I would be into. On the other hand, I don't have to hoard it. But as far as silver linings go, that's not a very comforting one.

Another one I'm reviewing from a sniffie alone. I managed to get a few drops on my finger, that's all. And let me say...I WISH I HAD MORE.

It certainly lives up to its name. Its complete flowers. Like walking into a florist. I smell carnations, roses, gardenia, sunny golden flowers...you name it. It's gorgeous.

This is a really beauiful fresh floral. Had I been smart enough to know about the lunacy when this came out, there is no way I would have ordered it, due to my floraphobia, but I am really glad to have swapped for an imp, because the light pretty wild flowers are just the kind I can wear - not to perfumey, very fresh, very much like a real field of flowers, dewy from a moonlit night, with that special scent of th sun just starting to hit at the start of the day...

Flower Moon-

In Bottle: That's a yummy fruity-floral-berry smell.

Wet: A little more sharp floral when it goes on.

Dry: This becomes more floral than fruit on the dry-down--as would be appropriate for the name! And you know what? It's yummy! It's a lovely floral, just a hint of fruit-berry behind it, all pink-flowery.

Overall: A very nice floral!

In the bottle, sweet, wild, flowers. These are not the big name florals; no these are the less showy flowers. Wild flowers on a sunny, breezy day. There’s a little sharpness when it first goes on, but it’s not too bad and it softens. There’s a slight berry scent here and I’m getting a whiff of citrus too, which is a surprise. After it’s been on a while, the sharpness is gone and this is a soft, pretty floral scent that is like being surrounded by wildflowers – just beautiful. This is a strong scent though. It has serious throw and too much can be overpowering, so a light touch is required.

Yum yum. I love florals, so it only makes sense that I would fall in love with this scent. It's not really a *standout* scent in the way that Blue Moon and Chaste Moon are for me, but it's lovely all the same. The florals here are a little sweet, a little spicy, and, as others have mentioned, a little citrussy.

Perfect for the days when I just feel like being uncomplicated and girly.