Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lychee, pink peppercorn, rosehip tea, pink peonies, angelica, and ylang ylang.

I got my package last night but I have let these bottles sit for a while before I thought to wear test any. 

This is absolutely beautiful on me. 😍

I immediately pulled something very herbal and I have the rosehip tea and angelica notes to thank for that. This is by no means a bad thing at all, but it smells slightly medicinal on my skin and that alone is actually what I keep going back for- I cannot stop sniffing it. When it began to dry the gorgeous peony came to the surface to temper out the herbal facet- anyone who knows me knows peony is a floral note I cannot get enough of, the constant sniffing only grew stronger. I only smelled lychee at the very final drydown- not a bit of ylang ylang to be had and that's quite alright. 

I love this so much and I am tempted to get a backup because it's going to be a easy one to wear in the Summer. 

When first applied this starts out as a tart lychee scent. On me this leans very citrusy,  I actually thought that it must have a grapefruit note but when I checked the notes it doesn't.  After some wear time, the citrus element settles and I can smell the rosehip tea and some softer floral notes. The peony, ylang ylang aren't really standing out to me, I can't pick out the pink peppercorn either. I find the lychee to dominate over the floral notes. Overall,  this is a bright and refreshing summery scent.

Edited by becca_s

Fresh, tart lychee is the predominant note in this on me. That beautiful lychee note rests on top of a lovely herbal-floral bed that really balances it and keeps it from being too simple.

Angelica (with its sort of herbal licoricy element) and peonies are the more distinct herbal-floral note, but there's a whisper of Ylang Ylang behind them, and the hint of tart rosehip helps merge the herbal notes to the lychee. Not getting any of the pink peppercorn, but I wouldn't be surprised if its presence is helping to hold back the scent from getting too sweet.

Overall this is lovely and tart lychee with a complex herbal-floral base, and I'm glad that I got a share of a bottle!

Reminds me a lot of Flowering Peonies from the 2021 Shunga set, which was another lychee/peony scent.

And like Flowering Peonies, it leaves me wishing it was fruitier or at least that the florals would settle down a little. This is a lone fruit in a room full of giant waxy flowers.

This is a very floral lychee scent that is lighter than I expected it to be (I have a few of Astrid's lychee scents, and her lychee note is a lot stronger.) This starts off as mostly lychee and rose on me, but the rose quickly overtakes the lychee. I'm not familiar enough with angelica to be able to pick it out, and the peony and ylang ylang are not as strong as the rose.

If you're looking for florals with a little lychee, this will be up your alley. But if you were looking for mostly lychee with a hint of florals, like me, you might be disappointed.

Alas, like Flowering Peonies, I get neither lychee nor peony. I am, however, getting a lot of rosehip tea and curiously, mint. This is more interesting than Flowering Peonies (which was, sadly, tuberose and dryer sheets), but it's not for me, I don't think.