Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Whipped cream squished between luscious layers of pale green sponge, topped with hunks of syrup-glazed honeydew.

This one was yummy. My son said it smelled like watermelon. I got a nice melon scent reminiscent of Cucumber Melon from BBW but way more grown up and complex. I really like it. Medium throw and staying power. Very comforting. 😋

This is a BLAST of honeydew melon that is like eating breakfast in a tropical land (not that I now what that’s like) . It’s so sunny and perfect! I have never been a melon scent person in my life but I guess that changes today. 

The dry down is where the sponge cake and whipped cream come in. This is utterly delightful and I’m shocked there are no other reviews yet.

OMG, @Geminirubyshoes -- I could have sworn I'd written one. Nope!

This is THE standout from Luper 2024 as far as I'm concerned, in terms of the realism and lusciousness of the scent as well as the on-theme fantasy it serves up. Indulgent, bordering on erotic!

In the bottle it's so strong and joy-giving, precisely the same pastel green sweetness when I get a honeydew milk tea at the boba place. That alone would have been worth the ride for me, and I may put some in a scent locket just to hold on to that stage, when the melon is at its richest -- still ever-so-slightly crisply aquatic, but blended creamy smooth. I have to go hunting a bit for that cake smell in the bottle, because the melon is so robust.

On the skin though, the cake poofs out quite noticeably, giving the honeydew something to play against in terms of color and texture. 10/10 would eat this cake! And just as @Geminirubyshoes noted, the whipped cream has startling heft and longevity in this scent, gradually emerging as The Whole Point. Like... I'd cut another slice of this cake just to eat all the whipped cream. 

Because of that lovely creaminess and perhaps the tropical fruit connotation, I'd say this reminds me somewhat of Noisy Goose Moon, except that one swerves boozier whereas this one is all innocence, sunshine and wholesomeness. It's very mood brightening! Galen hates melon so I have to be careful not to slather in it :D

I'm usually kind of ambivalent about melon scents, but this one sounded really appetizing. And it is! The honeydew note is spot on and dominates at first, and complements the whipped cream really well (the cream note smells like vanilla cream, to my nose). The sponge cake becomes more prominent on the dry down. In the end, the scent becomes something of a vanilla musk on my skin, and lasts for quite a long time. 

I still have a handful of Luper/Shunga decant to test, but of all of the scents I've tried thus far from this year's update, this is the only one that is a for sure bottle upgrade for me.

Melon Cream Cake features a true honeydew melon note on a bed of fluffy sponge cake and whipped cream. There's a Japanese bakery I go to that has a dessert that's like that, but with mango instead of melon right now. The melon note is on point, and I really love this particular cake note, and hope to see it used in future blends.

If you're looking for a honeydew scent, look no further. This is the best scent featuring honeydew that I've ever tried from the Lab.