Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A minty mousse of creme de menthe, creme de cacao, marshmallow fluff, and whipped cream in a chocolate graham cracker crust.

Edited by Jenjin

Smells like when you open a package of mint oreos and then blissfully eat one after another. Soft mint dreamily melds with chocolate graham cracker and it’s absolutely wonderful.

In the bottle: The scent of a just opened pack of thin mint cookies.

On my skin: faintly mint and chocolate plastic. Drat.

I'll hang on to it to see if it smooths out and the plastic goes away, but right now it seems like this one is destined to not like my skin chemistry. 😞

Ahh, this is amazing.

I deathmatched this with Vintage Frankenstein Blow Mold, and my partner and I agreed, while they were still in the wet phase, that Grasshopper Pie was the superior mint and chocolate scent. And that continued to be the case into the drydown, where Vintage Frankenstein Blow Mold becomes more about the chocolate and the plastic, and less about the mint.

Grasshopper Pie is stronger on the mint from the beginning, and it retains that lovely creme de menthe note longer than the Frankenstein scent retains its mint. The creme de cacao tags along right behind it, as well as the chocolate graham cracker crust, which reminds me of one of those Oreo crusts. Eventually, the marshmallow note pops up and the mint starts to fade. The marshmallow fluff becomes the dominant note by the end of the day, swirled with bits of creamy cacao and chocolate crust. It smells delicious. :yum: 

My favorite phase of the scent was when the mint was strongest, but there isn't a bad phase of this scent at all. I'm going to need more of this in my life!

Chocolate graham crackers, chocolate mint pudding, whipped cream. This is not strong and it's very much like the actual grasshopper pie I've tried. However, I can understand why some people would smell plastic. The whipped cream and chocolate part does smell a bit weak or waxy.

Airy mint chocolate mousse. I don't get a pie scent, so much as solely its filling. As you can expect, all mint chocolate foodie goodness. It does have an airy, cream filling nature to it, which elevates it from melted andes chocolates. Pleasant and certainly not a harsh mint scent, but I wish it had more going on.

Like eating an Andes Mint flavored ice cream — DELICIOUS!! Creamy, mint, sweet, exactly what I wanted. If you like how the notes sound, get it! You won’t be disappointed.

I bought this bottle “unsniffed” and am happy with that choice! I just love mint and chocolate together. And this is like an Andes Mint in a bottle. RIch velvety chocolate and strong mint. A very genuine creme de menthe liqueur note. This is a super sweet, super foodie scent, and I love having it on my shelf!

Wet, this is bang-on Mint Oreo pie, whipped cream and all. Unfortunately, my skin chemistry turns it into plastic, but I'm sure it would be gourmand wizardry on the right person. It does have good throw, so I may try it in a locket. 

I had a similar experience to PumpkinGuts. In the imp, I get strong mint, Oreo type chocolate crust, and overall deliciousness. On the skin, a weird toasty plastic bag chocolate thing. Can we summon this gourmand wizard and can he assist? :lol: I agree a locket might be a great idea as it's glorious in the vial.

This one's another one that does exactly what it says: sweet chocolate mint! It does have a creamy sort of note, like Andes mints or some sort of gourmet rich mint-chip ice cream that's drenched in flavor, rather than crunchy cookies, if that makes sense? I don't really get a crust note or a marshmallow note, at least not distinctly - I suspect the marshmallow is contributing to the 'creamy' factor.

I do like this more than the Frankenstein Blow Mold, though I overall like both - the FBM definitely has that amber/plastic note, which is *interesting*, but this is a purer sweet mint chocolate dessert.