Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A lightly jiggling glop of cold brew, vanilla pudding, dark chocolate, and crushed chocolate cream cookies.

Edited by Jenjin

I am a sucker for any kind of coffee scent! When I first sniffed this, it reminded me of a softer version of Bah! The coffee is light and sweetened up by the vanilla! On, I get the coffee and the chocolate and a little bit of cookie. This actually is a soft scent on me and stays close to the skin. I love it, but hoping it will maybe get a wee bit stronger as it sits. I miss Bah! and would love to have a strong coffee scent like that one was! :)  But it is still amazing! 

In the bottle, this is indistinguishable from a cup of coffee with a healthy dose of hazelnut creamer -- however, on my skin the coffee calms down considerably, settling into an intimate skin scent. I'm having a hard time discerning any chocolate but I'm also unfamiliar with BPAL's chocolate notes. If I press my nose to my arm, I get a wee bit of a bitter note that might be from the dark chocolate, but it seems more like a coffee bitterness.

Surprisingly, not as sweet as it sounds!

This is about as good as a chocolate and coffee perfume oil could ever hope to be. Eta: but the dry down smells chemical. I usually have this issue with bpal coffee (the only exception being El Dia de los Reyes) and this, sadly, is no different. The initial scent is great and maybe it will get better with age. 

Edited by HerbGirl

Definitely lots of coffee in the bottle. But on the skin it kinda disappears and what’s left is a very dark chocolate pudding. Very rich dark and bitter. Not sugar sweet at all but dark and delicious. Lower throw and staying power.

Delicious!! Absolutely one of the yummiest gourmands of all time. I don't always go for the heavily gourmand scents because I worry about them being too sweet/buttery/cloying in some way, but I am beyond thrilled I decided on this one! It's fantastic. I also adore coffee in all its forms, especially with cacao, so I really had to jump for this one. I think it's far more wearable than "pie" would suggest or denote in a fragrance, but the focus is really on the dark chocolate first and foremost, then the coffee, then the creamy sweetened vanilla ("pudding like" I'm guessing, but it doesn't really smell like pudding to me). Thankfully I'm not really getting the cookies either and the whole thing, while sounding like a total sugar bomb, is actually remarkably grounded and not overly sweet at all! Even fresh out of the bottle it's one of the yummiest dark chocolate cacao and coffee fragrances I've ever smelled in my life, with a gorgeous bitterness in the freshly ground coffee bean/freshly roasted coffee note. The silage is good but the bitter coffee bean softens down and gets enveloped by the sweet, thick vanilla in the dry down, letting the scent of warming, steaming hot cocoa, or perhaps a good mocha, prevail. As time goes on honestly the vanilla just seems to thicken and develop more and more, but the coffee and chocolate are keeping it earthy and "dark" and definitely not a candy-bar type vanilla. At no point did it smell like pudding, thankfully, more like a skin-musk bourbon vanilla bean. 

This smells like a bold coffee, swirled with dark chocolate, and a bit of vanilla. The pudding aspect of the scent isn't distinct to my nose. But the coffee and dark chocolate combo are lovely together, although somewhat bitter, especially smelled up close.

But the scent has some great throw on me, and it smelled much better in the throw than when I stuck my nose close to my skin (where it smelled more bitter, but not unpleasantly so).

I'm going to have to spend more time with this one, but I may end up needing more of this before it goes away.

Chocolate and coffee (who would have known?!) are two of my favorite scent notes, and even though I prefer to drink my coffee unsweetened, the lab's coffee note seems to work best for me when it is sweetened, so I was super hype to get my nose into a bottle of a sweet, chocolatey coffee scent. Thought it would be a slam dunk, but the coffee in this blend will simply not be stopped. I have a tricky history with BPAL coffee scents so take my experience with a grain of salt. 

The best phase of this scent for me is right after application, I get the sweetened creamy topping, the smooth chocolatey filling, all infused with the warmth of coffee. After 20 minutes, the oil dries and the coffee takes over - all the other notes fade to the background, and the effect for me is largely the same as the lab's coffee single note. I put a generous dab into my scent locket and the yummy wet phase lasted a couple hours, but settled back into pure coffee all the same. If there is any vanilla bean in this one, it could age into something less coffee-centric, but at present it's not something I'm excited about. 

Very much reminds me of Bah!, as others pointed out. I get more strong brewed coffee with a fair amount of cream and sugar than a baked good. Personally, I'm not picking out the chocolate or the crust/cookies. Overall, this is another of the Lab's sweet, strong coffee scents, as opposed to a baked gourmand scent.

There has been much said about Coffee Cream Pie in the above reviews. I am here because I can't keep it to myself...IT IS AWESOME! 

I have tried (almost) ALL of the BPAL coffee forward scents. including the many Lilith's, (Travelogue and earlier years, SN Guatemalan) so I didn't order this one immediately. "How different could it be",  I thought.  

WELL for me it's a perfect balance of bold coffee and floofy, creamy, chocolate. (I guess that's the pudding aspect).  WONDERFUL WIN for my skin. 

Hot damn in the imp this is a gorgeous dark chocolate variety of mocoa coffee and immediately makes me want to go to Dunkin. Mmm. Unfortunately this goes weird, toasty, artificial and slightly sour on my skin. Many coffee and gourmands do this, but sometimes they don't so it was worth a try. However, I am very impressed how realistic this is in the decant and fresh on. I think on the right skin this would be a winner. There's definitely a chocolate pudding there, like a Snack Pack and I kinda want one of those now, too. 

This definitely delivers what it promises! On me it's more coffee than chocolate, though the chocolate is there - it's like a 60/40 split. I don't get any pie crust or specifically cookie notes, but I did get something that made me think "pudding" - that is, the American kind, the jiggly blobby Snack Pack or refrigerated tub kind. I don't know what note is doing that, but I 100% would've said "this smells like pudding!" even without knowing that was in the description.

I actually like it more than I expected to - I'm not always sure I want to smell like coffee all day long! But this is like some sort of lightly chilled sweet mocha cream, and I'm here for it, especially as the days warm up!

The husband, who loves his coffee, at first went, "ooh, you smell good!" and then paused and said, "...but now I just want coffee and I'm sad that it's not real coffee and I'm going to have to make some," so, there's that as a review? 😛