Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Blackberry Apple Sufganiyot

Sugar-sprinkled sufganiyot filled with blackberry jelly and spiced roasted apple.

Edited by Jenjin

This one is amazing!! Got that sufganiyot pasty vibe we all know and love! The blackberry and apple along with it smell so good together! It is a blackberry/apple pie filling smell to me. Not a super sweet fruit scent. This is a comfy yummy scent!! 

I love Pomegranate Suf. I hated Raspberry Apricot Suf. Blackberry Apple is a “like” - mostly low-key apple with a touch of spiced pastry and just a hint of blackberry, which is odd because BPAL blackberry is usually VERY LOUD - but this is still not quite as delicious as the pomegranate. After about ten minutes, I'd say this has way more noticeable pastry scent than the other two, as well - the others were very strongly fruity, but this is much doughier.

Man, blackberries have a habit of going unpleasantly musky on me, but the apple is perfect for adding a light crispness to the scent. In fact, I'm hoping the next sufganiyot is just baked apples, because that aspect is my favorite and is strongest when first applied—and I have yet to actually like an apple scent, so that's kind of amazing to me. Then the apple aspect slowly fades away, leaving a slightly musky, almost indiscernibly scented sufganiyot, but I'm not mad. I haven't liked a suf this much since pomegranate, and I might even like it more (with Fig and Cranberry, Raspberry, and Strawberry being my top three at this point)! I'm getting a couple of these bottles for sure (currently three are sitting in my cart).

Edited by daemonrabbit

The blackberry jelly is the star here, with the apple being a background player, most noticeable during the wet phase of the scent. I don't always get the pastry part of the sufganiyot scents, but I can smell plenty of it in this one, and I love the powdered sugar note that is sprinkled over it. I don't much spice from this, so if you were afraid of this being a cinnabomb due to the spiced apple note, don't be.

I'm going to have to spend more time with this one, but I already think that I'll need more than just the decant of this suf.

ETA: I slathered this on as a scent of the day a few weeks ago and had to upgrade to a bottle of this jelly doughnut goodness. :yum: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

I always wanna bite my arm when I wear this. I really like the bright blackberry jelly note. I really don’t get much apple, but the pastry definitely is rounding/ softening the blackberry! 

Absolutely in love with this scent!

I’ve never tried the sufganiyot perfumes before (I have even eaten or seen a sufganiyot in my life) I was worried if it would have a deep fried smell to it. Thankfully there’s no trace.

It is very sugary and fruity, when freshly applied I do feel it smells a bit ‘vape juice-y’ however it settles into a more gummy sweet kind of scent. There’s a hint of spice that emerges after a few hours.

It’s a fun, happy scent. Candy lovers will definitely enjoy this perfume. 

There's lots of jammy blackberry here for me, wrapped up in delicious fried dough. I'm not sure that I get a lot of apple, either, but maybe the apple will get stronger with time. It's pretty straightforward and quite yummy.

Delicious! Not much apple, which is a plus for me. Also, not as fried dough as some other iterations which is fine with me too. I would get a full bottle if it wasn’t gone on my skin in 40 mins. I thinnnnk it’s a me problem. I’ve tested a few times, but won’t give up yet! 

You have to try this one if you like jelly donut scents or you liked the long since discontinued Monster Bait: Closet.  In the past, the Sufganiyot scents have often smelled off on me, like fig newtons or all perfumey fruit and no pastry, but this smells exactly like a Krispy Kreme jelly donut with the sugar glaze that's so addictive.  I can smell a hint of lovely, lightly spiced apple pie filling in the bottle, but it's all berry jam, fluffy donut, and sugar glaze on my skin.  The blackberry is gorgeous, like a fresh berry filling, the kind you'd make on a stovetop with fresh berries and lots of sugar. 

I'm wearing this one again today, dabbed on my sweater, and it's reminding me so much of Monster Bait: Closet, but stronger and tucked into a glazed donut.  If you liked the blackberry in that OG, then I really think you'll love this scent.  It's hard to find blackberry gourmands and this one is excellent.