Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of dark, slightly fermented blackberries starting to shrivel on the vine as the season ends, combined with a hint of sharp black tea. Not all that much throw, but still quite distinctive on the skin. Oddly not very foody, for all that it's a berry scent. Definitely fitting for spooky season.

This is a beautiful lightly fruity tea scent on me.  It reminds me of a fall cousin of Moon Blep.  If I tried this without knowing what it was, and someone said "it's Witches' Tea", I would say, Yes! That is just what it smells like.  I don't really get a strong blackberry note, it's more of a vague fall fruit & tea scent.

After a while I think I'm getting a very light vine or wood note, unless that's just the power of suggestion and my brain is searching for something thorn-like. 

This is my favorite so far in my first batch of Halloweenies.  The only downside is that it's so light it mostly disappears after a while, on my skin.  I do love lighter scents, so I know there will be days when that is just what I want.  

The last black berries of the year drying on the vine and releasing soft syrupy notes into the air. Some of the vines have been cut back recently, adding a note of blackberry sap to the mix. All of this is smoothed over by an airy slightly sharp black tea. 

This is a lovely atmospheric scent, and I am very glad to have my own bottle now.

Perfectly blackberry black tea. Comes on strong at first but mellows out to a lovely skin scent. Comforting, familiar, happy, and lovely for a chilly autumn day.

in the bottle: i get straight up berry hand soap with an unpleasant astringent twinge to it (maybe it's the tea note i'm getting, like it's been oversteeped?)

dried down: the berry mellows out and the astringent-ness goes away, but it's still a very bold syrupy blackberry with bright green fuzzy vines wrapped around it, there's a faint under current of "this tea might be poisoned", but it feels very much like a youthful, fresh summery smell to me, not the decaying fall feel others have described, it brings me back spending summers with my grandparents in rural norcal, picking berries straight from the vine with my cousins while we "helped" them in the garden, crickets and cicadas chirping all around us in the afternoon sun

i don't think i see myself wearing this too often but it's definitely interesting nonetheless, if you love blackberries this is the scent for you

Yup. If anyone loves the Blackberry Sage tea from The Republic of Tea, you will love this. Very similar and equally nice.

This isn't my usual style of blind-buy, but I glad I got it.  Oddly enough, on me I get some kind of vaguely soft woody note, not much blackberry, but there is a hint of some kind of sweetness there.  Definitely not a tea note and not a gourmand, but I like it!

I like this a lot more than I thought I would.

I'm not typically big on berry scents, but the blackberry in this has a pleasant tartness to it, as well as a sweetness that does not verge on candy-like, and isn't overly juicy. The tea note has a tannic, yet herbal quality to it, but fortunately, does not have anything reminiscent of anise about it (which I sometimes I get from some of the Lab's scents containing a black tea note). I'm not sure exactly what that is behind the blackberry note, but I do think it pairs perfectly with it, and that it is what makes the scent alluring.

I'm going to have to spend more time with this and see if I need more than my decant before this goes away, but the decant is a keeper for sure!

Edited by doomsday_disco

In the bottle its very fruity and delicious smelling.

Wet: still very fruity and easily identifiable as blackberry.

Dry: an hour after application I can smell the thorn. It's almost woody with a surprising hint of vanilla around it. Kind of a powdery smell.
After 5 hours the scent has completely faded, so another one that might need a scent locket.

I'm surprised nobody else mentioned spice, because on my (admittedly spice-amping) skin, this is a spiced berry black tea. The blackberry  smells dried and blackened, and I'm getting sort of a prune note, too. This is more benevolent kitchen witch than Blair Witch. Nice, but fades quickly.