Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Silken cream musk, toasted marshmallow root, white satin,

a hint of rose, oakmoss fougere, and silvered, lacy vanilla frill.

Frou-Frou is more perfume-y on me than I'd like due to the prominence of the oakmoss in the fougere and the silk note. I get some sweetness from the vanilla and a bit of the floof from the marshmallow when freshly applied, but it becomes more about the moss, fabric notes (no laundry tho), and hint of rose swirled with a bit of vanilla, on me... and I was kind of hoping it would be more of the sweet notes with hints of the other ones. I would not say that this is Lace adjacent, because there's no cognac or tobacco along with any of the vanilla, but maybe those who don't amp moss would have a difference experience. Ultimately, this is too high-pitched for me, but it was fun to get to try it.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I wore this yesterday and it lasted a solid 10 hours before I took a shower.  The opening is like golden, floral musk (Juicy Couture vibes) and rose dipped in powdered sugar.  The drydown after about an hour, though, is absolutely addictive to me.  It's rose and vanilla, which is a combo that bores me to tears lately, but I love this one.  It's like rose dipped in powdered sugar, drizzled in vanilla frosting, and then dusted with glittering regular sugar.  A super sweet vanilla with sugared rose.  So very sugary vanilla on my skin and lasts all day.  I'll never be mad about lots of vanilla.

wet: this is fuckin' sassy. 

drydown: this is a lace.

I like this. Tom mentioned the sass on another SMS, and it's here. There is an element of definite 'frill' that keeps this scent right at the front of your consciousness. You wear this when it's a big day and you're a big deal. It's not a strong rose. I say this as NOTTTTTT a rose wearer. I can bring off this amount of rose when other players are carrying their weight-- it's just so often they don't. I feel like....yeah. It's sweet, and the satin note/musk/fougere chord may be a bit high, but I feel like it goes overboard in precisely the way the art dictates. And a good vanilla as the wearing continues--really more of a lace cousin since it hasn't got the lace components and is using the fabric notes, silvered frill, musk/fougere base instead. A good representation of the art. 

Edited by ND¢

When I first put this on, I thought of a frivolous frilly lacey cousin to last year's Young Pilgrim Girl. As it dried, I could almost swear there was a cognac note, so I understand the lace comparison. Then at the end it's all vanilla, but in more of a fabric way than a foodie way. It's not my jam but it's a fun scent.

Edited by LavenderCoffee

this opens with the fabric notes and some creamy milky vanilla, and i get the oakmoss if i inhale deeply. rose comes out more after it's been on the skin longer, but stays fairly subtle. i get a toasted note but it isn't sweet like marshmallow. the creaminess fades and the fabric and oakmoss are the strongest notes on my skin. this leans unisex on me, bordering on traditionally masculine. a like but not a love for me.

I amp rose a lot, and on my skin this is definitely a vanilla-sugared rose. Because of the rose prominence, I'm not getting quite a Lace vibe - it reminds me more of Joyful Moon 2010 and Sibyl. I like Sibyl the best I think, the tea rose in that one is a little more well behaved on my skin.

I'll definitely keep the bottle and see if the rose tones down a bit. I was hoping to smell a bit more of the cream musk and marshmallow root, hoping they come out with a bit of aging. 

I feel like my experience is a bit different to other reviewers because on me Frou Frou smells like sweet, musky vanilla Marshmallow mixed with the lace and silk notes. I really get no rose or Oakmoss. I ordered a decant of this one because I wasn't sure about the Oakmoss fougere, but it is either very well blended into the other notes or my skin must eat it up. To me this is in the same scent family as Traditional sheet ghost because it is Marshmallow and fabric notes but I find this one sweeter and not as clean smelling, this one is also more complex with the different fabric notes. 

This one has alot of throw on me and lasts a long time. 

Edited by becca_s

Wet: This is like a sweet musky vanilla cloud, with a hint of rose.

Dry: GAHHHHH. Rose is tricky on my skin, and unfortunately it's turned this into a cloud of vanilla baby powder.

Rose, be my friend. :cry:

Seconding previous reviews! Creamy dollhead scent.

Much milder that Tombstone, and cognac sheet ghost comparisons, though I get it since there's a dusky powder sandalwood-y type undertone. Soft.

Definitely more than a hint of rose at first, with the most delightful creamy marshmallow musk. The fabric notes are subtle and stay in the background throughout wear. They're not freshly laundered, but like family heirlooms kept tucked away for the most special of occasions.

Oakmoss disappointingly never shows up. Swap the rose for oakmoss, and this would be perfect for me. I still really like it, though!