Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A tawny, majestic blend of red velvet musk, golden vanilla, ambrette seed, tonka bean, sweet myrrh, oakmoss, honey, red labdanum, cashmere, patchouli, and saffron threads.

WOW. Majestic af. I did not expect this one to be an unabashedly red musk sexpot powerhouse! It's a day out of the mail, so YMMV.

Super intense red musk with the distinct haze of (what I now know to be) red labdanum there in the background. It's sweetened up by the vanilla and honey, but not in a sugary/foodie way. There's just so much happening here, but it's pretty seamlessly blended, so I can't really pick out the other notes leaping forward. There's an earthiness or fuzziness that could be the patch/myrrh/tonka or maybe even the cashmere. I'm finding the oakmoss as it dries down, but again, not leaping forward. The musk envelops everything and blurs the lines. Into the drydown, the vanilla starts to show itself in a more obvious way.

Ginger cat in a bottle? If so, it's an absolutely bold and over the top tribute!

Edited by elissamay

I bought this for the label, which has a beautiful ginger cat who looks just like mine, but i also love red musk blends. Well, this is peak BPAL in orange cat form! The red musk is in the forefront with the saffron, cashmere and red labdanum peeking out as well. I don’t detect the honey at all. The patchouli is a sweet undertone. It reminds me a lot of Serpent in the Roses, except instead of rose it’s red musk. It’s really good!!

I cannot resist buying cat themed fragrances from any company.  My own little furry familiars are often the only things that keep me going on my hardest days.

Raminou is one of those well blended scents for me where most of the notes don't really leap out at me, but they're there, just all blended together seamlessly into something larger.  I expected Raminou to be loud, big, and bold, but it has a quieter, calmer feel to it, more lazy and indulgent than passionate.  It's a great scent for a chonky tabby getting ready to lounge in its favorite spot for the entirety of the day with no particular urgency towards anything, just snoozing and soaking up sunshine.

I get the red musk, but it's not as loud or sweet as usual; it's more warm and cuddly with a hint of glowing red wine to it, and the golden vanilla, tonka and honey add a creaminess and warm, golden sunshine feel without turning gourmand or reminiscent of frosting or baked goods.  The labdanum and cashmere add a powdery, snuggly, warm tone.  Further into the drydown, the hint of saffron and patchouli are gorgeous and add an earthy spiciness and the myrrh comes through as well to make things a little sweeter and richer, with a flair of dry oakmoss giving it a feel of sophisticated vintage perfume.  All of the notes radiate warmth and comfort to me.

I'm finding the red musk in this blend well behaved and/or solidly checked by the cashmere and myrrh. A very tawny fuzzy buddy. Oakmoss staying pretty chill here as well. Overall it is a little too fuzzy for my tastes, but another tremendous cat composition all the same. 

In bottle it's rich and resinous. Just applied the honey shines through with a tiny touch of saffron - still very resinous, that’s not going anywhere. Once dry it is sweet but not foodie, red musk leading but the honey and vanilla making it a little furrier and the saffron present but staying in the background. Later on it is a gorgeous honeyed musk. Good throw but not overwhelming. Lasts a long time on me.

Raminou is the embodiment of a red musk blanket, with a few stray leaves and twigs stuck to the fringe that were blown in from an opened door. 
It gives a very Autumn vibe, with a window view of some rugged terrain. Not immersed in it, just able to gaze out upon it from the comfort of a warm, cozy chair. 

All the notes are blended so well it’s hard to say what else is present besides the red musk, yet it’s a complex red musk, with many fireside stories to tell.
A lovely representation for an orange tabby, truly. 

Definately animalistic, with a chewy, sweet and soft centre. I'm having a pretty bad cold so i don't know if i'm getting everything. But, there's something about this that is SO specifically "something" from my childhood, even though I have no god damn clue what the heck it could be. Not to do with a cat, perhaps a dental office or something like that? Again, could be the cold messing up my senses.

I do agree that it's autumnal and cozy and absolutely fits the image of a tabby cat.

Raminou, falls, for me, in the honey/patchouli/musk family just like Feed Me and Fill Me w/Pleasure, Visions of Autumn III, Third Charm.

Raminou is gentler, more well blended and not very red musk forward. I can smell the honey/vanila/patchouli/red musk combo right away, but here it's more hazy, subdued and mellow, wafting like smoke curls.

the red musk in this is strong on me and by far the most dominant note. i also sense honey, ambrette, patchouli, tonka and maybe some oakmoss. after a few minutes on the skin, the honey gains strength and there is more sweetness. this is different than other red musk blends i have. it's more earthy i think. something about this perfume is very intriguing and a bit wild, like an animal, even a domesticated one. i thought that i didn't like it at first but i do, i don't have anything quite like it. i think it'd be perfect for fall as others have mentioned.

On my skin Raminou smells like red musk and sweet tea. I know tea is not listed in the notes, but this is what it reminds me of. The last cup of sweet black tea from the pitcher, plus red musk. I will be keeping my bottle.

Edited by icecreamcone