Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Maybe you should get that checked out! Sweet myrrh, patchouli root, and opoponax enflamed by red peppercorn.

This myrrh reminded me of Streets of Detroit immediately. Sort of if you took that myrrh and lit it on fire with the kick of the red peppercorn. Really sexy and perfectly spicy.

I love this and my usually indifferent spouse likes it too. Spicy and deep with some sweetness from the resin. Rich and dark and I’m going to echo elissamay on this one, sexy. Good wear length on me, too. 

this is the kind of thing my brain categorizes as "schwarzer-mondy."  deep, raspy, sweet, and resiny. the myrhh comes on strongest to start, but everything settles down together very harmoniously. this has some slink to it. i love the edge that the red peppercorn brings.  i wouldn't call it spicy exactly, it just sharpens everything, keeps it from going too flat and resin-heavy.  it's verrah nice! 

The sweet myrrh in this is so strong and beautiful.  It smells thick and rich, like sticky amber paste, with tones that are slightly clove-spicy, sweetly vanillic, and reminiscent of warm, sun baked woods, and it's all deep, dark, and resinous in a rich, heavy way that makes me think of sap.  I love myrrh and this is my favorite kind of myrrh with the complexity of the sweet and spicy tones.  Lasts all day on me and makes me feel powerful.

For those that dig spicy & opaque incense resins, this is for you! 🔥🖤 This is the kind of blend I was hoping for with Raven Moon '22, which was underspiced for my liking. The patchouli is the gritty, gravelly sort - rooty and almost gingery. The sweet myrrh + opoponax blend isn't dusty, it's actively melting, liquid lava-like. Hot Speckled Gloom glows on the skin; the blend of smooth resins, roots and flickering red peppercorn leaving you smelling mystical and aromatic. Throw: medium, longevity ~6hrs.

Edited by MonBon

I'm getting a touch of cinnamon red hots without the cinnamon, if that makes sense; flaming myrrh in the vein of Wrath or Priala the Human Phoenix, with billows of hot sweet incense, lightly spiced with pepper, and rooted into the patch/opoponax. This should be a huge hit with incense lovers.

Sweet, dry, resinous, and spicy, with a hint of flame.

Fresh from the mail, but gosh it was too pretty in the bottle to wait! In the bottle, the myrrh & opopanax jumped out. Once on, still wet, it is smoky. Hard to pick out the notes, but it's like a smouldering ember & ash of peppercorn, myrrh, & a whiff of patch. It's not what I expected based on the bottle sniff, but honestly, it's one of the more unique scents I have now (skin chem did not pull a fail today). 

Saying something smells like ash & smoke may not seem like a compliment, but it is. This is a very unisex, but sexy, smoky resin. It feels like being in a swanky club, not booming music type but more like an early 1900s secret club. Really glad I panic bought this. It's well worth it.

Echoing that this one's terribly sexy- a rich, spicy myrrh. Hot, deep, resinous and above all *red* this is a sexy vampire scent to me tbh, would go quite well with heavy velvet attire, a long fur coat, to be worn in dim lighting for sure- I'm in love!! Wouldn't be surprised if there's a hit of cinnamon, maybe cloves or allspice? In here it's not only hot but deliciously *spiced*

Edited by bygraveyardlight

sexy indeed! i was sure there was red musk in this as i was trying to remember the notes because it’s almost fruity in the way some red musks can be for me. i think that must be the red peppercorn, which is not at all spicy to me, giving a little oomph to the sweetness of the myrrhs. i don’t get much patchouli until hours into the drydown. it seems like red patchouli, very light and sweet and blending well with the others notes. good throw and staying power. the patchouli-dominance in the dry down is something i hope ages to be more present

ETA this has crazy strong lasting power, i woke up still smelling it 12+ hours after application. this is unusual for me as my skin eats the bpals up but a very pleasant way to wake up

Edited by DiZZysTARdust

Thank you reviewers! I blind bottled this right before the collection came down and it's a slam dunk. Sooooo good. Not sure I have anything new to add: sweet, sexy resins rendered utterly irresistable by the addition of patchouli. Very happy with the staying power. Moderate throw. Maybe a new fav :luv2: