1. Would you like anything from Future Primitive? (It's fine to mention OOS things) https://futureprimitivesoap.co.uk/
A lovely former Witch sent me some Future Primitive stuff and I absolutely loved it -- it was the Whipped Soap and Conditioning Hair Rinse in Blackcurrant Damson Frangipane. The scent was great and I especially loved the hair rinse. A lot of their foody scents sound amazing, especially Dark Carnival.
2. Does anyone have a favorite horror movie that they love? Need a copy/DVD of?
Not a fan of horror movies.
3. Do you like smallish knitted stuff (hats, fingerless mittens, scarves, toys, etc. -- be specific!)?
If you knit, then sure! I'm all set on hats and scarves for now, but fingerless mittens/gloves or cozy socks would be welcome.
4. Do any of these knitted items appeal to you?
Easy Fingerless Mittens sure
Pfeilraupe Asymmetrical Scarf no thanks
Odyssey Shawl no thanks
Close to You scarf no thanks
Rikke Slouch Hat no thanks
Simple Yet Effective Cowl no thanks
Knitted Pumpkins these are pretty cute but I'm not much of a seasonal/holiday decorator, except for Christmas
Little Bear Stuffy no thanks
5. How do you feel about thrift store finds (assuming they're in good condition and have been thoroughly cleaned before shipping)?
6. I may have bought several full size Rituel de Fille makeup items in a frenzy over their whole vibe. If I tested something once or twice (and it can be sanitized), would you be interested?
Sure! I'm not familiar with this brand but I always like trying new makeup/bath & body stuff.
7. Are you interested in trying different skincare products from higher end, clean brands?
Sure, happy to try new products if you feel they're worth recommending.
8. Any interest in anything from Torrid, noting their "fangirl" and Halloween collections are updated?
9. What on the following list would you like to receive something related to (or have something donated to in your and Joni's honor?)
· animal rescue
· inappropriate candies (either in shape or in contents—ex., boozy candies, creatively shaped peanut brittle…)
I'm going to give my Witch full creative license on this one.
10. I'll be going to Seattle, London and Paris during this round- anything you'd love to have from any of these locations?
Seattle: coffee beans!
London: Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations Jelly Popping Candy chocolate bar. IT'S SO WEIRD YET SO GOOD.
Paris: Whatever cheese you can get through customs.
Side note: wherever you're from, Witch, or wherever you may be traveling -- I always love to try unique local things, from anyplace! Snacks and candy are always a good choice, and I also really like to support local artists. I also love craft-distilled spirits, especially gin, so sample-sized bottles from places local to you would be lovely.
11. Is there anything you would particularly like from Japan? Stationary, bento supplies, a particular snack, etc. The fall flavors for kitkats this year are Chestnut, Sweet Potato and Apple Pie.
You can't go wrong with Japanese snacks and candy. All of those KitKat flavors sound good (especially Chestnut and Sweet Potato), but I would love to try ANY unusual KitKat flavor.
12. Thinking about really good natural food stores like Natural Grocers or Whole Foods, if you could have ANY bath and beauty or body care items, what would you love? Also what kind of treats, snacks, foods, condiments, bulk items, teas, housewares from same store would you love?
For body care stuff, surprise me! If there's a certain brand or product that you love, or something you think I'd like based on my answers, then I'm happy to try it. As for food, I really can't stress enough how NOT picky I am. Literally I will eat almost anything, and I love trying new things. My questionnaire covers a few preferences but I promise you it will be hard to find something I wouldn't eat. A few mail-able, Whole Foods-ish things I like, off the top of my head right now: good quality pure vanilla extract, Mike's Hot Honey, coffee beans (different areas carry different local roasters), Tony's Chocolonely chocolate bars, matcha powder, plantain chips....
13. Also, are there any particular sustainable kitchen or household items you would love to receive?
I've been meaning to get silicone ziplock bags for a long time but don't have any yet.
14. Did anything catch your eye from the Liliths?
Not this year, no.
15. Would you like anything from Lush?
I can always use more D'Fluff Shaving Soap or Ocean Salt, and the Brazilliant shampoo bar (I think that one might be online only now).
16. Is there anything kind of weird and niche about which you feel this way, fellow witchees?
Can't really think of anything that applies here!
17. Kickstarter (and similar): Any thoughts, witches?
I'm not against it in theory, but I've never actually donated to one.
18. Do you have an Etsy/Goodreads/Amazon or anything else wishlist you’d like to share?
My Goodreads is also kajacana, but it only lists books I've already read. Might give you some insight into my taste though!
My Etsy wish list is really small, but here it is.
19. And what’s your preferred wrist/necklace size?
Covered in questionnaire.
20. Does anything from Bird & Blend take your fancy?
Earl Grey Creme, Bonfire Toffee, New House Blend. In regards to tea in general, I like Earl Grey, Masala Chai, and matcha. Not a fan of rooibos and again, nothing too floral please.
21. Knitting questions have have been asked, but how about wash cloths, anyone need any? What colors??
Not at the moment, thanks.
22. Is there anything from World Market that tickles your fancy?
I love World Market! Haven't been in awhile, though, so can't name anything specific.
23. There's a special thing happening over at Rituel de Fille this weekend, where some gorgeous makeup items are coming back for just a couple of days. I'll be placing an order Sunday or Monday- anything that might strike your fancy, either from the special sale or from the site in general? (https://ritueldefille.com)
I'm not familiar with this brand but based on a quick look at their website, YEP that all looks gorgeous.
24. How do you feel about tarot or oracle decks? Would you be interested in any (for artwork or for mystical purposes)? New or used?
Tarot isn't really my thing.
25. Would pigment samples from companies like M.A.C. or Notoriously Morbid tickle your fancy? If so, what colors catch you eye?
Sure! I like sparkly and/or iridescent stuff. As far as colors, anything purple, gray, or maroon is a good choice, but I'm not picky about my eye makeup colors and can find an occasion to wear just about anything.
16. Do you have a favourite saying or quote?
I'm sure I do, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
17. How do you feel about spicy foods, and where on the Scoville scale do you hit your limit?
I can tolerate some spice. Things like jalapeños, Sriracha, or Cholula are all fine, but when the spice starts to replace actual flavor is when you lose me.
18. How do you feel about coloring books, especially those pertaining to a personal interest or fandom?
I have one (animals) that I'm not even halfway done with. I enjoy it but don't use it often enough to justify another one.
19. A few questions have been asked about knitted items--are crocheted equivalents acceptable? (crocheted fingerless gloves, shawls, etc.)
Any fiber issues?
If crochet is your thing, then sure! No fiber issues.
20. About the Weenies: please list what you've bought or are definitely purchasing for yourself *as well as* what you would like to possibly receive from someone else!
Oh man, this update is massive! I haven't even had time to read through the whole thing yet.
21. Dear Witchee, are you at all boozy? Anywhere between hard cider to straight whisk(e)y? And any interest in the "unusual" stuff? (unusual as in non-mainstream, local craft ciders or meads, regional fruit wines, experiments from local distilleries, etc)
I am certainly boozy! I love trying new things, so samples and unusual and/or regional and/or homemade specialties are all good. I know shipping alcohol gets complicated, though (that being said, if you have some magic way to get your paws on Edinburgh Gin's Seaside variety or Kinrara Highland Dry Gin, both from Scotland...). Things like syrups, shrubs, mists, and liqueurs are also great -- I love experimenting with cocktail recipes.
22. Nail Polish: Do you need or want some? If so, what colors and brands are you interested in?
I like nail polish but very rarely paint my own nails. With my job, a manicure with regular polish doesn't even last the day. Occasionally I will go for a gel manicure and get trapped in an every-two-week maintenance cycle for a few months, but it's too much bother and too much money for me to keep up all the time, as much as I love having colorful nails.
23. Does anyone else do nail wraps?
I've never used them but would give them a try.
24. What about postcards?
I don't have a use for blank ones, but if you want to mail me one from wherever, go right ahead!
25. Is anyone interested in anything from the Nocturne Alchemy Halloween release (or, presumably, anything else from the site)?
I'm mostly a BPAL purist when it comes to perfume. If there's a particular scent from a different company that you think is calling my name, I'd be happy to try it out, but I don't go looking for those myself.
26. How do you feel about salt? I don’t mean, like, salted nuts or potato chips. I mean straight-up salt, like alder-smoked finishing salt or Hana Flake sea salt.
All good! I like to cook and I could definitely find a use for different salts.
27. I am infamous for baking (shortbreads savory and sweet, poundcake, various cookies and bars), butter caramels (flavored or plain), and catnip. Are any of these relevant to you or your household?
Yes! All of the above sound good, especially sweet shortbread or caramels. Re: catnip -- I don't have pet cats, but my lions at work would enjoy it. (I realize how odd that sounds -- welcome to my life.)
28. Do you like to cook and do you need/want any spices for such pursuits?
Yep! I'm a big fan of Penzey's spices. Right now I could use some ground cloves or whole nutmeg.
29. Would you wear any of these?
Fern , Nuada, Manannan, Duleek Abbey or an infinity scarf or tube cowl tall enough for a hood (like this scarf or this cowl for shape example)?
I don't wear shawls or cowls, sorry!
30. Do you have any utilitarian needs for everyday life? Things that would help or that you've been needing or wanting for work or whatever?
Can't think of anything at the moment.
31. What kind of vegan snacks do you like? And vegan chocolate...favorites?
I'm not vegan, but I'm not opposed to vegan things. I do prefer milk chocolate over dark though, so I'm not sure how relevant vegan chocolate would be.
32. How would you describe your crafting style? Whimsical & Cute? Elegantly modern? Totally Traditional?
I'm not much of a crafter myself, so I don't have a style there. But like... in reference to preferences on things other people have crafted? I guess it depends on what it is. I like cute and whimsical things, and spooky things, but if it's something wearable then I tend to prefer items that are overall simple with like... small whimsical and/or spooky details?
33. So....we are about to process a metric f*ton of green tomato relish, which is basically bread and butter pickles but with sliced green cherry tomatoes. Is this relevant to any witchees?
I would try it, sure.
34. How do you celebrate Halloween/Samhain? Do you dress up? Would you like something for your costume?
I don't really celebrate either. I like Halloween, but I haven't worn a costume in years. Most years I'll buy a pumpkin for my porch; some years I carve it into a jack-o-lantern but usually I just dig out the seeds for roasting. And I like to have a few of those tiny pumpkins/mini gourds around because I think they're cute, and I usually eat some candy corn at some point but I can't eat too much of it (I'm the same way with egg nog at Christmas -- a very small yearly ration is all I need!). That's really the extent of my Halloweeny-ness. I'm much more into Autumn as an overall season -- it's been nothing but pumpkin candles and squash soup in my house for weeks now.
35. And am I the only person left on the planet who wears socks?
Haha, no, I wear socks!!