• Moderators
  • 6,001 posts
  • Mood:Fiddy Scent
  • SotD:Crowley
  • Monkey
  • Capricorn
  • Israel

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:30 AM

Tendrils of frankincense and myrrh curling around polished woods, sugared honey, and bourbon vanilla.

Smooth and sweet, Petite Planchette falls into the realm of scents I think of as "glowing". It's warm and gently radiant, the slightly gooey honey and rich vanilla balanced by the deep woods and fragrant incense notes of the frankincense and myrrh. It's a little resinous, a little gourmand, and utterly beautiful.

#2 aphrodite

aphrodite

obsessive precious hoarder

• Members
  • 1,955 posts
  • Mood:quixotic
  • SotD:Petite Planchette
  • Rabbit
  • Taurus
  • United States

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:51 AM

a well-balanced, sweet resinous blend that's extremely versatile and chameleon-esque: i could see this feeling like a cozy sweater comfort scent, a date night scent, and a platonic social gathering scent, and shifting seamlessly into each role. there is a slight sharpness from the frankincense creating a firm backbone, and otherwise, it's just a sweet, chewy, rich, beautiful blend that will surely please lovers of sweet resins.

#3 lady_pandora

lady_pandora

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 2,854 posts
  • Mood:content
  • SotD:(Not So) Penitent (Mini) Magdalene
  • Snake
  • Capricorn
  • United States

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

Petite Planchette is amazingly faithful to the description. If you like the listed notes, you will not be disappointed. This is a beautiful warm smooth wood note (is this mahogany?) coated in honeyed resin. Medium throw and staying power, not a lot of morph on me. Utterly gorgeous.

#4 VioletChaos

VioletChaos

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 2,918 posts
  • Mood:Wistful
  • SotD:Mrs Valentine
  • Rat
  • Capricorn
  • United States

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

In the Bottle: a sweet and beguiling swirl of resins.

Wet On Skin: the frankincense, wood and sugared honey all start to assert themselves as individuals now. So far, the myrrh is behaving admirably- I pray that continues!

Dry Down: Someone else mentioned this scent being "chewy" and I concur! Although it's different, there IS a chewy aspect similar to french tobacco notes. The frankincense and polished wood are coming together beautifully and it's all very rich and good for cold, blustery days!

#5 zankoku_zen

zankoku_zen

The MacGyver of BPAL

• Members
  • 13,142 posts
  • Mood:BPAL Beast Mode
  • SotD:Permanently TALed UP
  • Ram
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted Yesterday, 03:54 AM

Frankincense and myrrh, with tendrils of sugar and vanilla. This is a sweet, skin resin blend. Medium throw, good wear length.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users