Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Open of yourselves, you doors, for mightly Ploutos will enter in: golden amber and smoky oudh with honey, patchouli, and leather.

Am I first? :eek:
Okay then!

I love this! It's the softest worn leather you can imagine, with just a teensy whiff of patchouli and sweetness from amber, oudh, and honey. The notes are very well blended, and the only thing that really stands out is the leather, but in a good way.
I am so glad I got an imp of this; I will definitely be treasuring it and wearing it when I want to be a little snuggly :smile:

And second!

In the imp: A soft, spicy-smoky smell with a bit of traditional perfumey sweetness. I agree with Aviatrix - it's so well-blended that it's difficult to pick out individual notes, and the overall impression is difficult to describe. The closest I can come is a calm, bright, golden top over a smooth, strong, brown base.

Wet: Holy cannoli. From up close, it's identifiably a woody-leather scent, with some soft sweetness rounding it out. But from afar: HHHNNNNNNNGGGGG. It really is difficult to describe the notes; it just conveys a sense of kindness and strength. It's also unexpectedly sexy - I don't find myself having "mmmmmmm ;)" reactions like this that often, so this is really outstanding.

Dry: Primarily amber. The smoky wood and leather are both there as accents if I really look for them, complicating the amber, but they're not really discernible on their own, even if I huff for them. There's an extra bit of sweetness that may be the honey, too, but mostly, it's just my old friend amber making my skin go "I LOVE EVERYONE IN THIS BAR."

Opulent and beautiful! I am pretty bad at picking out notes, and this is extremely well blended, even brand new. This is a dark rich scent. There is amber and a spicey sweetness and . . . other things I can't identify that just seem warm and brown and beautiful, classic perfume/cologne. It's full and lush. I could see this as a scent for a man or a woman, but either way this is a grown up, dressed up to the nines, going out to an important ocassion, beaded gown, tailored suit, real jewels, expensive watch, furs, pearls, cuff links kind of smell to me. Big throw, and I suspect it will last well.

Smoky leather, and oh-so-delicious. I would put this on the "masculine" end of the spectrum, but I still plan to rock it, as I do so many masculine oils. On my skin, it's mostly leather and oudh, and since those are two of my favorite notes, I couldn't be happier! Is this going to be released as a bottle? If so, gimme gimme gimme.

First off, this oil looks stunning. It's a deep reddish golden brown that makes me want to put it on right away. On first sniff, I'm very much getting the dusty soft amber and just a hint of other things surrounding it.

More of the same on first test, but the leather and honey quickly bloom. This has deceptively little throw for a scent with such aggressive notes as leather and patchouli (disclaimer my house is kept pretty cold due to heating costs), but it means I catch the occasional sultry whiff and fall in love all over again. The leather note I'm getting is not chemical, but prominent, like a brand new leather wallet or belt. The honey is the second main player, and the resins give it just a bit of smokey powdery depth without being obvious or even clearly distinguished from each other. Thee is nothing my nose clearly identifies as patchouli at this stage.

This does an odd thing as it dries down further. Somehow it's both sweeter but more masculine. It feels a lot more smokey, and I think I can pick out the amber again specifically. The leather is still the main player, and it keeps its seductive and mature feeling. I think this is a unisex but leaning somewhat feminine scent.

The bottom line is that I can't stop huffing my wrists and I need to get as many imps of this as I can get my grubby paws on.

In the imp: manly, leathery and a lot of oudh.

Wet: Barely any leather! It never works on me, so I'm really pleased. I don't get any oudh now though, it's all honey and patchouli.

Dry: It's SO well blended I'm having trouble picking out notes. I think the honey and oudh are the most prominent notes, but I'm getting something patchouli-y.Everything in this is usually a winner, but this is the first time a leather scent has worked on me, and I really love it. Wish it'd been a larger size!

Edited by d0gbones

Frimp of this in a lab etsy order. I'm really loving Ploutos. It's a strong leather first and foremost, like the scent of a black leather jacket and a hint of soft, brown, suede leather. The amber threatens to turn powdery (like bpal's ambers always do on me), but the other notes are keeping it in check and it comes off as a waft of amber incense smoke instead, thanks to the smoky oud and honeyed patch. Dark, incensey, warm, black leather. Like being snug and warm in a black leather jacket, in a room where Midnight Mass type incense is burning. I'd buy a full bottle of this if it were available.

Ploutos has a first impression on my skin of bold, golden amber and a sweet, earthy, mostly oudh background. I get only a little blended smoke and leather at first, and then they fade. The honey comes across on my skin as a golden sweetness blended into the amber more than a standalone honey note. Over a couple hours, the amber steps back and the oudh steps up, stronger now. I never smell patchouli, and I'm grateful.

I wish I got more than a quick glimpse of the smoke and leather, but this is a lovely, golden, earthy-sweet oriental. I wish I could get more.

Resiny, dark blend, just how I like them! I'm surprised there's no black musk here, as I was quite sure I got that vibe. This would be more suited to a guy, but it's nice to wear around the house when I'm in a dark space:)

Ploutos smells rich and luxurious. It’s well-blended; I can really only pick out the leather in the imp. There’s a very beautiful cologney amber, with a slight smokiness from the oudh. It all feels very old-fashioned and glamorous.

I agree with AuspiciousQ that this is a perfect dressed-to-the-nines, out on the town fragrance.

Imp: mysterious, spice-y mysterious, lovely
Wet on me: more of the same from the Imp. everything is just blending and whirling under my nose so well. None of the notes are taking over, they are playing together so nicely.
Drying Down: OMGS this is amazing! Deep and rich, slightly sweet slightly spice-y. Ancient but not dusty. Regal.
Dry: oh this is a rich non-heady regal scent. Total keeper. I may need to track down more!!!

A warm, cozy, "spicy" masculine scent. Much greater sillage than I expected, which I only learned of from all the compliments I received when I wore it over a year after receiving it. Now I must find a bottle of something similar...

Honeyed leather and some patchouli here. It's very smooth and kind of cozy. All of the notes are very harmonious together and it feels almost seamless. I think the amber is just cradling everything else and keeping it close and snug. It's a great scent for cold days.