Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lemon blossom, vanilla bean, huckleberry, sweet pea, rose sugar, acai berry, and candyfloss.

I'm so in love with Rosy Maple! Wet, it smells like syrupy-sugary raspberry lemonade. Dry, the sweet pea note is there but it's not B&BW overwhelming, but mostly it's fading to a less intense tart berry lemonade. This is perfect for Summer, and I need to wear it a few times before it starts to cool down.

In the Decant: uber-sweet and fruity

Wet on Skin: sweet, fruity, but less high pitched than it was in the imp

While Drying: dries quickly; something in here reminds me of one of the heavier notes in some foody blends (almost creamy/buttery); the sweetness isn't a delicate spun sugar type, but more toothache-inducing-overly-sugared-jam-eaten-straight-out-of-the-jar type of sweetness. I catch a hint of vanilla, and maybe a touch of the lemon blossom

After a Little While: Hmm… reminds me of walking through the section of Bed, Bath & Beyond where they sell scented things (like the general air in that area)

Later: final stage is mainly a dusky fruit scent with a sweet edge; many hours after application, the scent mellows and is quite nice

Final Thoughts: Not bad, but not really my style.

Rosy Maple earns a 3.5/5 on my skin.

In the decant: Floral Necco wafers.

Fresh on the skin: Floral-fruit soap. There's something about this one that disagrees with me. It smells like something very distinct that I'm not a fan of. Plumeria, perhaps? Coconut? Something tropical, but not as nice as that implies. This is oddly creamy, too.

5 minutes in: Yup, tropical-floral soap. Light and sweet, but somehow also sour and cloying. This is... really not good. One of those scents I could totally see other people liking, and it's so close to something I might actually love, but that little bit of wrongness makes me want to recoil.

1 hour in: Well, it's stable. Unfortunately.

2 hours in: Very unfortunately.

3 hours in: Stable, indeed. I think it's morphing a bit, but it's hard to me to tell because I'm still sort of recoiling.

4 hours in: Uck. Worse and worse.

Verdict: Almost lovely but instead kind of really disastrous. :(

One phrase: Tropical floral soap.

In the bottle: another nicely-blended scent, a tad sweet, a bit berry, and a touch of light florals.

Wet: the lemon blossom and the sweet pea are very much top notes at the moment.

Dry: this has morphed back to what I sniffed in the bottle, just a lovely well-blended scent. By the way, for us Americans who don't know, candyfloss is what the Brits call cotton candy. :) I see this scent as perfect for spring and early summertime.

What a bright and happy little blend! In the bottle, I get sugary berries. Applied to the skin, the lemon blossom and sweet pea come out to play. Smells like drinking a fruity cocktail in the summertime surrounded by sweet flowers in the garden. Rosy Maple doesn't seem to have a ton of throw. I've had it on for half-an-hour now and it's very light. This one will be my pick-me-up scent when I'm feeling down, for sure.

In the decant: Sweet and berry-filled. It's like a mix of flavored lip gloss and this berry juice I remember drinking in Denmark as a teenager.

Wet: More sweet berritude.

Drydown: The blend becomes more balanced as it dries, which is nice. There’s still a lot of berries. I can't decide if I like that or not. "It's all fruit—it smells like you’re a fruit," says the Mr.

Later: I do believe he may be right on the too-much-fruit thing. This is a blend that just smells like DKA to me. As a diabetic, that's an association I don't need. :eek:

On: Lovely lemon blossom and a hint of sweet pea.
1 hour in: Vanilla, which is sweet, but not heavy. I'm also getting some earthy berries.
1.5 hours in: Something is turning a bit woody on me, but this is mostly just vaguely sweet.
2.5 hours in: Vaguely sweet. A bit powdery.
Overall: This faded quickly on me and just didn't do anything interesting on my skin.

There's something in Rosy Maple that doesn't sit right with me. It's a sort of waxy heaviness-I can't decide i it's the rose, the acai, or the huckleberry. Or maybe the sweet pea. Everything else is delightful and fruity-candy sweet. I think maybe I'm just "smelling too hard" and if I just let it be, it would be lovely.

All the notes blend together into a scent that I would describe as...PINK! :lol:

Occasionally one note will stand out, usually the huckleberry or the sweet pea, but for the most part, this scent is an amorphous blob of pink candied sweetness.

I almost think of this as too sweet, but every time I wear it I get people telling me how wonderful I smell. I have to admit that it lifts my mood to wear it, too. How can you be pissy when you smell like kool-aid and popsicles on a summer day?

Edited by Amaranthus

I just realized why this is SO nostalgic & wistful for me! It smells exactly like Strawberry Shortcake dolls, the ones from the 80s. Especially the Cherry Cuddler doll! It's all pink and sweet, but not so sweet that it makes me feel sick at my stomach. It's sweet as in light girly fruits, roses, MASSES of sweet pea, light berry, and that tiny smidge of lemon blossom. I've had this since last year & have only tested it once, but I'm keeping it! Wasn't too crazy about it at first, but I guess because I couldn't pinpoint what memory it evoked. Now...it's a keeper. :)

Plus, I always love seeing the Rosy Maple moths. Love them.

In the bottle - Sweet soft florals with a candyfloss undercurrent

Wet on me - A sweet, clean melange of florals and fruits with an underlying green tone

Dry on me - A sweet, soft powdert floral mostly sweet pea I think

Overall - I was so excited about this, it was one of my most coveted scents, but it just didn't grab me

Oh how I want to love you Rosy Maple. I keep buying you even though every time I try you you are too flowery :( When will I learn!! :confused:

In the bottle: This seems to be a fruity lemonade mixed with some sugary florals.

Wet: The lemon blossom is the most prominent note at first. That note, combined with the other fruity notes, make me think of a berry lemonade. The berry notes are getting stronger the longer they sit on my skin, and the scent is becoming sweeter.

Dry: A sugary berry lemonade.

Verdict: At one point during the wet phase, the scent was becoming too berry-prominent and sweet for me. I wish I had gotten more of the honeysuckle, sweet pea, rose sugar, and candyfloss from this scent. I will hang onto it for a while and test it again to see if those notes peek out more with age.

Retest 9/12/15:

After aging for a year, I do get more of the candyfloss note. It's not like a berry lemonade anymore. The lemon and berry notes are still present, but they no longer dominate the blend. I like that the scent is sweeter now. I can definitely pick out the vanilla bean in the dry phase, and the scent seems more floral now than it was a year ago. It's nice, but I don't love it. I think I'll have to give it a full-day test before deciding whether or not to swap it or keep it.

Edited by dementia_divine

This scent was mostly a sweet pea scent on me. It was a delicate sweet floral with a touch of sweetness probably from the vanilla and candyfloss. It's not foodie at all though and just a sweet pretty girlie scent. It had ok throw but did stay close to the skin for a while. The label is adorable too, I love Rosy Maple moths and I think that's the main reason I got this scent. :blush:

This feels fun and summery and sugary! I got a few compliments on it as well :D

It's definitely fruity with berries, not a lot of lemon blossom, but a LOT of sugar and candyfloss. The sweet pea is definitely coming out as well, which is great, because I adore sweet pea scents.

This is one of my most fun and girly perfumes, and I love wearing it in summer.

If you want to try something sugar-slathered and feminine, give Rosy Maple a try!

In the bottle: A lovely sugary lemon. Not as bright as, let's say Sticky Bat. The colour I see when I smell this is more of a light peach tan bright yellow. There might be some floral in here too, like a soapy rose. But it's not strong enough to bother me.

On: Bright and fruity. Reminds me a lot of another butterfly-scent that I own but this could be a little more mellow. Lemon is the most dominant of the notes, really thought the rose would try to take the throne (like it always does).

It stays the same, mellow lemony scent for as long as it stays on my skin. Which isn't long I might add. After 3 hours it's completely gone.

Very pretty for spring/summer days.

This perfume giggles, like a girl behind her hand to her best friend. Not a cruel giggle, but a giggle of the pure delight of being a girl, being here, and having tis funny, odd, pretty world to live in.

This is the sweetest thing, all cotton candy, pink jelly beans, and pink lemonade on my skin, a rush of fruity sugar. And it makes me giggle too.

I won't always want to giggle, or to be quite this aggressively pink and silly, but when that mood strikes, I know exactly what bottle I'm reaching for!