Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Lick it, Valentine

A winter BPAL tradition, lustified: chilly vanilla mint threaded through with wild strawberries, pink sugar, honeycomb, and red wine.

My favorite Lick It. This is exactly like the description says, with the strawberry, wine, and honeycomb all in play and perfectly balanced. It's very much winter-turning-to-spring and reminds me a little of Snow Bunny from BPAL days of yore.

A whisper of the vanilla mint, and on me, the honeyed sugar and strawberries brings to mind Pink Moons of yore with a smidge of chilly snow.  It's pretty much perfect and a great transition scent balancing Yule and Lupers!  On me the red wine comes out more and more as times passes, to lend a bit of Athens-like goopiness to the whole blend.  I could have swore this had rose in it but maybe it's my mind inventing florals when I think 'Valentine!'

Definitely one of the best lupers. It goes on a bit mint-heavy, but soon it settles itself into something sweeter and darker. I can really start to pick out red wine about an hour in, but it's not cloying or overpowering! The honey is barely detectable to me, which is good because honey and honeycomb can sometimes be a bit indolic on my skin.  Overall a fantastic scent.

Edit: had this one for a while now, and gotten a chance to get more familiar with it which is why I wanted to come back to re-review. Something about this perfume is just MAGICAL. Actually magical. It goes on with a nice sharp blast of mint and red wine but after a bit to dry it’s the most delicious, gentle, lusty scent ever. it does wear close to skin, but it’s so gorgeous I almost want a backup bottle. UGH! 

Edited by Weirdgirlpilled

i like this! it starts with a blast of sweet mint and a little red wine. the mint starts to burn off pretty quickly (as is usual on me) and i find some sweet honey and a bit of pink strawberry. it's not a fakey strawberry bomb, just like a bit of pink fruity sweetness that i probably wouldn't peg as strawberry without the notes handy. while everything is coalescing, i feel like i detect a slight floral component, which is not something i can always appreciate. but it is well-blended here and i can find no fault with it.

when everything's settled into place, this is a sweet, lightly honeyed, PINK wine. there's no mint that i can find on a detectable register, but i feel quite certain that it's working unseen to keep this bright and fresh, because this feels cool in a way, and seems to float above the skin.

it takes on a bit of muskiness in the later stages, and the red wine breaks through a little more.  i'd still call it pink wine overall, but more vibrant.  let's say fuchsia. 

i love wine scents, but i have a lot of them and sometimes they run together. this is a very unique and enjoyable take on wine, and i think i would be a lovely choice for a hot summer night.  

this feels romantic, like a first date ending in a very long, very satisfyingly sparky kiss. there's a promise of something hot and heavy down the road maybe, but we're taking it slow for now and just enjoying the moment. 

Edited by MamaMoth

This one does some interesting things on me! I really wanted to love it - I love the Lick Its and I love berry scents and sugar, so this was an instant buy. And...I like it, but I don't know if I LOVE it.

It goes through two very distinct stages on me, rather than melding or blending. It starts as a BIG boom of sweet mint with a little red muskiness underneath, which...is a little odd with the mint? It's fine, but if I really want a big sweet mint, I'd prefer a pure Lick It, without the underlying red note. But THEN, as it dries completely, the mint burns off entirely, to the point where I can't even find it (such a surprise, given how loud the mint is to start!) - now it's a pink sugary honey-strawberry scent, a little darkened by red wine. This stage is very pretty, and it does feel like a late spring/early summer night - strawberries, sundown, sparkling wine to sip.

I like both stages, but it's very sequential: sweet mint with some red wine musk ---> honey strawberry wine. I'm happy to have a bottle, and I'll definitely use it, I just wish I could've experienced something closer to a *blending* of vanilla mint + berry wine, if that makes sense! It ends up as basically a sparkling strawberry honey wine...not single note, but like a strawberry honey wine trio, which, don't get me wrong, I would probably also buy on purpose. 🙂

I was SO SURE I did not want this one. "Red wine?! with MINT!?" but every other note was so terribly tempting, so I grabbed a decant. I can't stop sniffing it!.

There is indeed a distinctly lovely vanilla minty phase: chilly minty on the skin, vanilla minty to my nose. As everyone has observed, it is like the winter snow and/or those deliciously pillowy after dinner treats as it sparkles and melts away. There was red wine skulking around in the mint phase, with more of a standard tannic red wine character, but after the melt, the wine no longer reads as a dry or dinner red. It starts jamming with the honey and the strawberries and it's so great. Vanilla still floats around the periphery of things. and it's still kinda chilly on my skin! 

I love the Lick It variants, but the Valentine version isn't really my cup of tea.

I do get the traditional vanilla mint candy cane of Lick It in the beginning, along with some strawberry and wine. I'm not sure if it is the wine in conjunction with the honeycomb or pink sugar, but there's something in the background that reminds me of a grape-like sugar that I dislike that's used at low quality boba tea places. The vanilla mint is quick to fade and I'm left with the red wine and strawberry notes with that undertone that is just not jiving with me. It's not a skin chemistry thing, as I could smell this in the vial, too, and that's why I put off testing it so long even though it was one of the scents I was originally most excited about from the update. But it must just be my sniffer, because no other reviews have mentioned that weird undertone.

While this isn't for me, I'm now hoping we get a summery variant of Lick It, perhaps with some yuzu!

This is an EPIC ROMANCE of a scent. This is erotically eating After Eight chocolates* whilst drinking red wine. 

It's romantic, and  it works (at least for me). It stays close to skin but lasts all day. This is not just sexy, it's stunningly beautiful! It makes you feel loved! It makes you feel desired!

I know that chocolate is not a scent note here, but if you have eaten an After Eight, you'll know what I mean.

*I'm in the UK. Does After Eight exist in the US? 

The mint is sharp and mentholic and ruins about the first 40 minutes on my skin, and then it dries down to a strawberry hand candy drizzled with honey and I start to find the scent to be too cloying and somewhat cheap and childish, like it should be a Lip Smackers scent/flavor.  This does nothing good on my skin and smells very disjointed to me with the sharp mint.