Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Potent, potent, potent! I couldn't wait to rest this one, so fresh from the mail I tested a single cap drop on my arm. A heady rush of red musk, but with a cherry undertone and amber warmth. I don't get the "wood" of the cherrywood until drydown, and the amber or musk (or both) here remind me of what's used in the similarly precious Light Betwixt the Horns. The cotton candy comes through for me as a "sugared" quality to the musk, but it isn't cloyingly sugary or in any way foodie. An absolutely stellar red musk lovers blend.

Note: This one may need an occasional shake, as mine appear to have some resin settling at the bottom of the bottle.

Edited by elissamay

Alright, this has sat for 2 days from the mail, that's enough, right?

Anyhoo, this is truly outstanding. The red musk is most prominent on my skin, with the cotton candy right behind. I don't think I smell anything woody, but the amber is definitely grounding this. So, so good 

i received this in the mail yesterday, but it smells so good already that i decided to give it a run today.  this is good stuff! 

mostly fruity red musk and some sugary amber to start, with the amber gaining more traction as it wears. i never get any wood specifically, but i think the cherry just melds with the musk beautifully (along with the blue-ness of the cotton candy, perhaps?) to produce the impression of a round, sweet, fruity red musk.  (no florals detected, which is always a possibility for me with red musk, so i'm thrilled!) the amber is sugary and sweet, but the blend never gives the impression of candy in particular. in the later drydown, there's a backbone present that might be the cherrywood propping it up, but i never detect any particular woody-ness. 

this really is a wonderful blend, and i'm SO grateful to my lovely fairy for helping me experience it!  ❤️

edit:  today i smelled this side by side against another sugary red musk blend, and an almost minty/green tea-ish note immediately popped out.   i can't explain it, but it's definitely there so i thought i'd mention it! 

Edited by MamaMoth

Holybatman!  My dog insisted on getting into my lap and business while I was opening the package and trying to dot a tiny bit on my wrist from the cap, and he got a noseful.  Wiggles immediately scrunched up his face and gave me the most horrified “that’s not food!” look - it is SUPER potent.*

Hello red musk, my old friend - I immediately thought of my beloved Smut sans the musk to describe the red musk note. I also *initially* registered a little earthiness/spiciness, but that part faded quickly.  

On me, it’s a sharper red musk sweetened by cotton candy, and the cotton candy does *feel* blue versus pink if that makes sense (in a blue raspberry versus strawberry cotton candy type of way).  I never am, but don’t be scared by the cotton candy note - it’s a very sophisticated show of it.  I get the amber for a few seconds, and it threatens to go powdery, and then it just falls back into the blend nicely.  I feel like the warmer notes, the redwood and the amber, ground the blend both keeping the blend from going super sugary and rounding out a sharpness in the red musk.  I think that the redwood note could become more pronounced with age - as with most bpal’s, I feel like this will age magnificently.  

Fruity red musk layered over cotton candy is my final summary, hehe.  

It’s amazing and thank you to my beautiful and speedy fairy for allowing me to try it! 🧚🏼‍♀️ ❤️

*Please note that no animals were hurt and/or perfumed during this testing.  He only got the first large whiff of the scent and no perfume touched his skin nor his cute little nose, hehe. 🐶 

The second I opened the bottle, I thought to myself, "Wait, this is VERY familiar, in the best possible way..." 🧐
It only took about ten seconds for me to determine that I was reminded *heavily* of Mme Moriarty, the original release, specifically! I think something about the combination of cherrywood and the red amber caused a gorgeous approximation of that yummy plum note from the Mme somehow. This remained true through application and into the first part of drydown.  
30 minutes later, it's lost a touch of that initial impression, but frankly not that much. I got this expecting more of a Smut vibe with that red musk note, but in combination with the other notes here, it's somehow a slightly lighter version of Mme Moriarty instead (yes, both contain red musk, but the supporting cast changes how she reacts, apparently, and I think here that the cotton candy is acting as a proxy for the vanilla bean in Mme.'s formula).

In any case, I'm extremely happy that a fairy was able to snag me a bottle of Heartshow, and I shall treasure it for as long as she lasts! ❤️ 

Musky, sweet cotton candy and a whiff of cherry. This is red, musky, and sugary. Medium throw and wear length. 

I love red musk and it usually reads as sensual and womanly on me, and this has a noticeable, strong red musk, but I find it leaning more masculine overall and I really love it.  On me, it's like a red musk mixed with masculine woods, black pepper, and a cool, deep amber.  There are some men's fragrances that I love with black pepper, like Marc Jacobs' Bang and Comme Des Garcon's Black, because the black pepper is zingy, refreshing, cool and invigorating, and something about the wood here has that refreshing spiciness on my skin.  Heartshow has sexy lumberjack vibes to me with the red musk giving a sultry edge and the cotton candy a subtle sweetness.  

I think that this one is really unique in my collection and it makes me want to snuggle up to myself.  I love blends that feel to me like a sexy mix of feminine and masculine tones and Heartshow has that feel for me, with lovely, airy whisps of cotton candy thrown in to make it feel even more magical.

Ok i love this one so so terribly much. This might sound weird but it smells of that (horribly misogynistic) song Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry from the 2000’s. It’s very sweet and fruity- I love the lab’s red musk note. It plays so nicely with my skin, and the cotton candy grounds it in the sweet fruity realm. So So nice.

Okay the first time I tried this I only got red musk.(I tend to amp that so not a huge surprise) I tried it again today though and now it’s still a red musk heavy scent but it’s not the usual red musk I get from bpal scents. The cotton candy and cherrywood meld the scent together to make it much more wearable than I usually find red Musk. I might like this one yet!

Fruity, dirty, musky, deep sexy goodness. I can see why some people have compared this to the original formulation of Mme. Moriarty. I am deeply in love with this scent!