Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Spiced Pumpkin Cider

I apparently love to wear cider more than I like drinking it! I blind bottled this one and Pomegranate Cider, and have other ciders from previous releases too! 

This cider is exactly as described. There's the fruitiness of apple, just a hint of pumpkin, and all the lovely pumpkin spices!

I wore Pomegranate Cider yesterday, and this one isn't as strong on me as that one was. But this is another lovely autumnish cider to add to my collection and I look forward to wearing it all year round. 

YES! Exactly what I was hoping for! 

I adore the Cider note of the Lab and adored the Weenie releases of Autumn Cider and Apple Cider SN. When the Ciders appeared this Yule season I did not hesitate. 

In Spiced Pumpkin Cider the fizz is perfectly in balance with the fruit.  I get the apple and find the pumpkin to be a supporting player. Spices are there and blend with one another, (which is GREAT because cinnamon can be a deal breaker for me), but THIS IS GORGEOUS! 

Strong and spicy apple cider. I can't pick out the pumpkin on its own, but its adding additional fall spice and rounding out the edge of the cider. Very much a fall scent.

I have tried many a cider scent from the Lab. Some have been too punch-like (looking at you, Harvest Festival Atmo and Single Note: Apple Cider), while others were too heavily spiced for my sensitive skin (like Autumn Cider, and once again, Single Note: Apple Cider). My favorite cider scent from the Lab has been Lambs-Wool, but it hasn't smelled right on me these past few years (I blame birth control). I decided to get a decant of this, thinking it would be too spice-heavy for my skin, in the hope that it might be something like Warm Pumpkin Cider atmo (which is more like an apple pie scent).

While it doesn't smell like that atmo, it is definitely the best cider scent that I have come across in a long time. The pumpkin puree adds a creaminess to the apple cider scent, and the spices never burn or leave any welts. It's really just the right amount of spices, with no cinnabomb whatsoever. And the brown sugar sweetens it all just perfectly.

This is my favorite Weenie-masquerading-as-a-Yule from this Yule update, and I'm highly considering a bottle since Lambs-Wool doesn't love me anymore.

yum! the apple is almost juicy at first, and then the brown sugar and spices settle in and it's like stewed red apple. it reminds me very much of the apple component from bobbing for snake oil. the pumpkin is rich and creamy and it kind of blankets the prickly spices, making this feel very cozy. one of the autumn-est things i've ever smelled! 

This is very much a pumpkin scent on me--it's extremely similar to bobbing for jack-o-lanterns on me. I'd hoped for a little more apple, but it's certainly nice and falls squarely into my comfort zone. It's warmly spicy without being aggressive. I'll certainly wear it a lot next fall.

Spiced Pumpkin Cider smells like pumpkin and honey in the decant. Apple cider emerges as soon as it hits the skin and continues to dominate after it dries. Yep, it’s a delicious apple cider with some indistinct soft sweetness around the edges. This reminds me so much of an old favorite of mine, Fearful Pleasure from a Halloween many years past. Beautiful.

Edited by CitrusFiend

Pumpkin and apple cider! I agree that it's reminiscent of Fearful Pleasure, which I loved. Pumpkin mash, gently stewed into apples, spices, and cider - beautifully autumnal, nicely balanced.

I really like this. Sweet, spiced, pumpkin apple in the bottle. It's heavy on the cinnamon as it dries, no rash though, and the sweetness remains. I'm not getting the fruity or cloying white sugar note if you're worried or were hoping for that. The brown sugar seems to play better on me, sweet, kinda darker, and less strong. There's a tad of a buttery note from the pumpkin, but only ever so. It's not reading so much as a cider on me now, but more of a sludgy autumn dessert without the cake or bread notes. Maybe if the cider still has a ton of apple, pumpkin and spice bits floating around in the bowl, a cider you half drink, half eat. 

Actually now that I think of it, this shares a lot of similarities with Caramel Apple Cookie.

This turned out real good. I don't always gel with apple or pumpkin or even spice notes sometimes, but it works here. It reminds me of a Christmas party we had at a mid 19th century house that John Wilkes Booth stopped at, but this totally has Fall vibes too and can be worn throughout the season.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak