Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

And I Wede My Corne Well I-Now

Wherein we nurture life so that it can, in turn, further nurture life. The scent of the hay harvest suffused with golden amber sunbeams, green cardamom, a handful of hazelnuts, and a bit of clove husk.

I am in love with this scent!

Do you need a gorgeous clove blend? It is certainly a clove blend, but not CLOVE x1000 or anything. I never tried the Hay/Clove duet or Hay Moon, but I'm not sure I need to, because this hits the spot for me. It's a perfect balance of sweet/spiced/nutty, all warm and golden like sunshine and hugs 🌞 

Plus it wears allllll day, does not require slathering, and has enough throw that I don't have to hunt for it, and not so much as to offend strangers in the grocery store/public transit/work etc. It will be hard to stop myself from wearing this every day this summer. The last thing I need is another backup bottle, but I will be keeping my eyes peeled for the down date on this one. 

goes on with bitey, sharply green cardamom,  which yields to a sharp stab of spicy clove. toothy and agressive. 

eventually all that sharpness is blunted a bit by a smidge of round nutty hazelnut and a sweet-ish perfumey amber.  it all gels into a nice spiced ambery hay type thing.   this is exactly what i was expecting from those notes.  wheaten gold, spicy,  evocative of the harvest.  intense opening,  but nice and mellow after it settles in. 

Edited by MamaMoth

This smells like my ideal chai in the imp. Lots of sweet cinnamon and cardamom, with a good dose of clove. Here it is sweetened by amber instead of sugar, giving it a golden glow. On my skin it gets a bit more atmospheric with the hay dusting about, and I get a little hazelnut underneath the spice. An incredible autumn scent, will definitely need more! 

This starts off with a blast of clove and cardamom on me (but more clove than cardamom) and stays that way for a while. Eventually, the hay and the golden amber emerge and the spices calm down. There's only a hint of nutty sweetness from the hazelnut. The hay ends up being the dominant note and the end of the day, and it reminds me of the hay in Eastern Comma.

I think this is nice, but I don't think I'm not sure I'd reach for it over Hay Moon 2020 or Eastern Comma.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Definitely more than a bit of clove here. The clove is strong right out of the gate and pairs well with the cardamom. The hay is a background player, adding a dry and grassy depth. Amber and hazelnut both add sweetness to the blend.

This is a spicy blend for sure. I agree that it is reminiscent of a chai, with the hazelnut adding almost a milky dimension. It's very pleasant, nice for cool fall weather.

Immediately on application this reminds me of Hay Moon but spicier. As it dries, the spices dance on the edge of cardamom bun filling/curry powder. Once it's totally dry, the spices are still recognizable and dominant, but they relax a bit.

Golly, I have loved so many from this series - And Here I Sawe.. I Am As Lyght... they all have this wonderful earthy-sweet quality I love. The notes in this come together as a spicy hay note. Starts sweet like buttery corn and hot like red hots. YUM. Once in awhile I worry it's potpourri-y, but then I think, "Do I care?" It's delicious. I wear this one often for chill, cozy afternoon hanging out. Homey and not shy.