Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Wild Plum, Green Tea, and White Jasmine

This one is a bit of a tease.

On the wand, it's a soft but fairly lush plum, almost entirely. But when it makes the leap to my skin... it's a shrill jasmine, almost entirely.

And, sadly, this jasmine quickly develops more indole to its flower than I usually get. I'm not sure if something in my chemistry has changed; I haven't worn any type of jasmine in a long time. But before long, I smell pee. It's kind of suboptimal.

I ignore this one on me for a while. When I come back to it, dried, I catch green tea and a hint of soft plum. The jasmine abides, still a bit indolic, but thankfully air-breezed and lighter. 

Overall, I don't think this one works for me, though.

Super juicy plum in the decant, a really incredible plum. On my skin the plum is most prominent, lifted with a fresh green tea. As it dries the jasmine finally peaks out on me, it's heady and sweet and melds into the plum. An absolutely stunning trio! 

Crisp, clean green tea, brightened with a pop of juicy sweet plum. I’m not picking up any jasmine. This is perfect for a hot Texas summer, light and refreshing but lots of fun as well.

This trio is absolutely beautiful.  I wanted this perfume and then the reviews made me take it off of my wishlist, but I added it into my cart on a whim during my last order and I'm so glad that I did.  Jasmine tea is one of my favorite things in life and bpal's wild plum is one of my favorite notes in perfume.  I was worried about it being too much plum or the green tea having its usual lemony tone that stomps all over everything or the jasmine being a sharp and soapy variety.  Nope.  This is a perfect jasmine tea on my skin and to my nose.  It smells just like opening a bag of jasmine tea and smelling the sunshine filled sweetness of dried jasmine petals, the exotic and slightly herbal twang of dried tea leaves, and a teeny tiny hint of sugarplum, like a pinch of fruit scented sugar to sweeten the tea.

Dry, sophisticated, lightly sweet jasmine tea.  Exotic and richly floral.  No soap or musk or lemon to ruin anything for me.  My bottle is very jasmine and tea leaf dominant and I love it.

Right off the bat the wild plum comes out shining. It's neither sweet or sour. Then the green tea joins the party, giving off a fresh bright vibe, like green tea always does. Later on the jasmine shows up and i know it because i smell threads of something lightly smoky wafting through the air. The blend manages to stay fresh with accents of plum and a bit of gravitas from the jasmine. It's a fruity floral with the green tea keeping the other two notes in check. 

I just realized I'd never reviewed this and I'm wearing it today. This is one of my absolute favorite scents. It's very rich on my skin right out of the bottle, full of sun warmed juicy plums fresh from the tree, wafts of fresh blooming jasmine, and bright soft green tea. The scents complement each other well, and they settle into my skin for a fresh, floral and fruit scent that is balanced by the green tea. Tea of any type and jasmine are some of my favorite notes, and I am finding that the various plum notes are very much my thing. They are so well balanced here and have excellent staying power.

This smells like jasmine green tea. Medium throw and wear length. This smells really nostalgic to me.

I wish I had purchased this one when I could!  So beautiful! 

The plum is apparent on my skin immediatly, then the jasmine peeks in. Green tea is grouding the blend. 

Gorgeous! I want some!