Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A shimmering web of dry, decadent strands of sugar cascading over a delicate white cognac, bourbon vanilla, white tobacco, coconut husk, and champaca petals.
Edited by Seajewel

My first lace! How do I coherently describe this?? This perfume takes you on an entire journey. It has many stages, all amazing. It is simply... perfect.

This is a perfect blend of notes led by the vanilla and sugar. On the one hand, this reminds me of lace cookies, but without being foody. On the other, it reminds me of events back in my youth, in art galleries or music halls, and the wisps of scented air that are the result of a large room moderately populated with expensively perfumed women.

"In the room the women come and go

Talking of Michelangelo."

It smells like that. Ok, now that the hyperbole is outta my system...

In the Bottle: A lightly boozy tobacco with hints of sweet vanilla.

Wet: An melange of scents dominated by tobacco.

Semi-Wet: The sweetness of the sugar begins to rise along with a light booziness. There is a hiss of something else that I cannot identify, so I'm going to guess that its the champaca. The more this dries, the more the tobacco settles. It doesn't overtake anything, but becomes the couch upon which everything else will lounge.

Dry, Stage 1: Hello vanilla! This is what every vanilla lotion from the 1990s wanted to be. Very rich, very present. It's intermingled with the sugar. The cognac is no longer boozy but it contributes an interesting dryness that feels warm. Maybe the warmth comes from the coconut husk? I don't smell any actual coconut husk at this or any other point. Wondering if that will come out with age.

Dry, Stage 2, a few hours later: Instead of fading with time, this just grows more powerful. It is a heady, lightly sweet vanilla on a silver platter of rich bitch perfume. I. Love. This. lovelovelovelvoelvoelevoelvelvoeve.

Dry, Stage 3, ten hours later: After many hours of kicking ass and taking names, Sugared Lace is now a hum of sweet vanilla & tobacco. She is calm, not subdued. She's faded from my arms, but continues to waft steadily from my sternum.

This is pretty much the best thing I've ever smelled and what a bummer! It's sold out = (

This arrived on Thursday, but I tested it today.

In the bottle, I get sugar and champaca. On me, the champaca in the bottle I was getting somehow quickly gave way to the coconut husk. It's not bubblegum on me, but it is kind of plastic-y and wonky at first. Then the champaca and sugar gain strength and beat the coconut husk back. The champaca here is more incense-y than floral to my nose and is reminding me of a lighter version of the champaca in Orgy With Nine Women. And the sugar here is not reading as super lemony to my nose, for those who are afraid of this going that route. It ends up being a light sugared champaca on me. It does not have the billow-y vanilla that some Lace scents have since the Lab's bourbon vanilla is a sheer vanilla, not a floofy one. I get some tobacco beneath the sugar and champaca, but it is also pretty light on me compared to several other scents I have with that note. I only get the cognac if I have my nose right up to my wrist.

I'm going to set this aside for a month to see what it settles into and retest it again. I like the sugar, but I wish this scent had more oomph. It's surprisingly light on me for a Lace. If the wet stage with the initial coconut stays the same, though, it won't be a keeper. (Side note that I wish I didn't have to say, but will, with the frenzy over Laces lately: I have already promised this to someone if this doesn't end up settling into something I love within a month.)

This is really good. Reminds me of MB Underpants. It’s a vanilla Lace. Definitely a keeper. 
editing to add, at first it reminds me of MB Underpants, half an hour later, it reminds me of Crinoline and Lace and after an hour it’s it’s own thing and absolutely gorgeous. I knew I would love it just by seeing the notes but I figured it would be selfish to get more than two since it was very limited. But I’ll def get more if there’s a re-release. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Just Kitten

The tobacco blends so harmoniously with the champaca, which itself so nicely compliments the vanilla... This honestly smells so good I'm surprised it's legal. Words like 'delicate' don't do it justice! And I feel like a classier person when I'm wearing it. Love. 

Sugared Lace is absolutely wonderful and perfect to me.  It's like the original Black Lace with an extra shot of sweet vanilla cream, which is a dream blend for me. 
The dark, sultry, musky tobacco and incense undertone smells just like original Black Lace and then there's an extra helping of sensual vanilla cream over that, turning up the sweetness and likeability even more.  There's a little bit of floofy, powdery, cuddly sweetness that makes me think of falling into bed at night into a plush comforter.  The whole thing smells so warm and sexy on the skin and it lasts all day on me, applied in the morning and then washed off before bed where it was still going strong.
It's like if Black Lace and Monster Bait: Underpants had a baby that was better than both of them.
Love!

when i dug into this fresh from the mail, (like the greedy guts i am) the champaca was very front and center to me. not the floral tone i was scared of, but reading to me as a high quality, crumbly masala incense stick.  (maybe pure incense's golden champa, which is one of my favorites.)

after a bit of time to settle, the champaca is much more  blended, but to me it is still  incensy in character.  the vanilla is dryish and soft, and i can't seem to shake the adjective "papery", so that's what you get.   i catch whiffs of the coconut husk a bit early on, but on the whole i think it's just bolstering that dry incensy paperishness. the "white" cognac and tobacco are less robust versions of the usual suspects,  just fleshing out the body of this blend, creating that lace base but not really asserting themselves to me. the sugar is a  delicate white cobweb draped over the whole... not lemony or caramely or crystalline or foody, just soft, white, and sweet. the whole blend is so soft soft soft, nary a sharp edge to be seen.

tl/dr:  spun vanilla sugar and soft incense lace.  haunting, gently sweet, a little wistful, and feminine. just lovely.

Edited by MamaMoth

Okay, so this is amazing. Like, *amazing*. 

The standard Lace base is there, of course. On top of that I get a stunning blend of the sugar and champaca that has me pressing my wrist to me nose all day. Although I do agree with a previous poster, the champaca isn't super floral the way I expected, it's more ... gentle. Like nag champa rather than a flower. I think it's the coconut blending with the champaca that creates that effect. 

It's like a sweeter version of Crinoline and Lace that doesn't disappear on me after 10 minutes. Seriously, the staying power on this is significant. 

It feels like wearing my favorite vintage sundress to go get ice cream with my husband. Fun, sweet, classic, and full of love.

I genuinely don't know which of the 2 new Laces I like more. They're both so gorgeous! 

Edited by Marina Napoli

Gosh, this is such a beautiful blend. I'm so, so lucky to have had a generous Parlour friend hook me up with this. 

Wet, it reminds me a little of Midnight on the Midway minus the ozone and night-blooming jasmine. A little less floral, more sugar. Not the same for sure, but some similarities. A cousin twice removed. In terms of the Laces, definitely closest to original Black Lace, as Little Bird mentioned above - with more bourbon vanilla and sugar added. 

Dry, the sweet floral incense blooms. I have a beautiful handmade Witcher 3 Yennefer cosplay, and I definitely want to wear this perfume when wearing it. This scent is exactly that dark, sensual, powerful witch in my mind (though no lilac or gooseberries). 

Dry, a few hours later, reminds me a lot of original Black Lace drydown, a soft dark incense with more vanilla sugar, faded florals. Solid throw and longevity. It's just a shame I can't buy 11 more bottles of it. I'll treasure every drop I have!