Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Chibi Skull With Last Will and Testament

While they have zero listed notes in common, Chibi Skull smells a LOT like Disastrous Twilight on my skin. I didn't get the Banshee Beat / Revenant Rhythm patch. The patchouli seems to be held in check by whatever notes are mimicking the star-touched blue amber from D.Twilight.

I like the decant, & will use it up, but won't need a bottle.

OK, I just need to stop buying anything with the word "cream" in the descriptor.  It's going to go sour milk on my skin, and all the beauties of bourbon vanilla and red patchouli, which this scent starts out with, can't save it. 

Chibi Skull is my big win from my recent orders.  I usually hate red patchouli (it tends to be the sort of patch that turns to BO on my skin), but I took a chance because I LOVE vanillic gourmand notes.  On me, this is like buttercream frosting, whipped cream, and milky foam with a hint of lemon, poured over a wonderful, soft, smooth, almost chocolate-y smelling patchouli.  I hope to get a couple more bottles of this one and if vanilla + patchouli is something that you love, then I'd definitely recommend giving this one a try.

I love the lab's patchouli note, so I was really excited to try this one. When I first got it, I couldn't shake the impression of hazelnut cream, but I wanted to give this a solid rest period before finalizing my opinion.

3 months later, this is absolutely gorgeous, and the hazelnut is gone. This is a super chewy, earthy patchouli blend to my nose, with a distinct "red" vibe to it. I also get quite a bit of bourbon vanilla, but I can't say I get any distinct cream or floral notes (and I'm okay with that). I'm glad I picked up a bottle. 

opens with a tangy cream and patch.  dries into a thick, rich, buttery vanilla cream and chewy patch.  ultra sweet and indulgent.  i adore this, though it may not go into heavy rotation until the fall/winter months 

eta that this has become a staple for me at bedtime.  it's just the snuggliest patchouli ever. 

Edited by MamaMoth

Ahh I love this I wish it wasn’t sold out. That’s what I get for being slow to test my decants. The bourbon vanilla is so lovely and it brings out the sweet woody richness of the patchouli, and then there’s lush cream over everything. Now, I haven’t tried Banshee Beat or Revenant Rhythm so I can’t compare, but this is a gorgeous patchouli vanilla and I also think it will age amazingly.

Wow thought I reviewed this but I guess not. It’s a very soft calm patchouli smell. It does not have the kick of usual BPAL patchouli scents. So if things like Banshee Beat we’re too strong on you try this one. Soft easy to wear patchouli and a bit of vanilla something. Definitely not strong enough for me though. 

Edited by vanilla323