Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Mouse's Long and Sad Pumpkin

Vanilla-infused pumpkin, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood.
Edited by Seajewel

I didn’t get many of the Halloween first time around, but I did get mouses long sad pumpkin- 
This sat a while, so now I can review it well. When I got it it was extremely pumpkin with a little bit of a sugariness to it, almost similar to a lip smacker that exist in 1 million years ago in a sugarplum scent.  In the bottle I still get very strong pumpkin spice. Wet on the skin, it is very pumpkin and then evaporates slightly into that sparkly scent similar to the bonnebelle sugar plum (Which didn’t smell like plum to me, it was a glittery mauve color, closer in scent to cherry chapstick but with a sugary depth). This has both that quality as well as some thing that borders on a warm spiciness with a carbohydrate background. i don’t get sweet pea or any of the mouse elements.  my fiancé says he smells basil; he only chose pumpkin when prompted. this is pretty strong and i’m not totally sure how i feel about it. 
If you want strong straight up pumpkin spice, I would go for this. If you’re looking for mouses long sad tale with a tinge of pumpkin, I do not think you will find it here

This smells very much like a ginger molasses cookie they have at a local cafe here. It's a great smell, but far more of a foodie scent than I anticipated. Similarly, it also is somewhat reminiscent of a particularly sweet pumpkin spice latte. I can pick up the typical Mouse's Long Sad Tail scent still, but the pumpkin morphs it quite a bit. Definitely a fall smell through-and-through, particularly at the cafes!

I think I like this blend more than the original long and sad tale! Sweet pea comes and goes but mixes deliciously with the pumpkin spice. It's a bit gourmand although the sweet pea doesn't allow it to go all the way there. Light on the amber and sandalwood. I really never thought spiced sweet pea could be this good but Beth is a genius!

Mouse's Long and Sad Pumpkin features the same spicy, yet somewhat vegetal pumpkin note found in the 2013 Pumpkin Patch Scents (like Snakes in the Pumpkin Patch, Moroccan Pumpkin Patch, Alice in the Pumpkin Patch, and Dorian in the Pumpkin Patch). It is mostly accompanied by the white sandalwood in Mouse's Long and Sad Tale on me, with touches of sheer vanilla and the slightest hints of sweet pea that seem to flitter in and out. When Mouse is fresh, I feel like it is heavier on the white sandalwood, so perhaps as this ages, the other notes in that scent will shine through more. It's pretty heavy on the spiced pumpkin at first, but over time, it becomes more about the sandalwood with a bit of vanilla on me.

I like this and will definitely be considering a bottle to see how it ages. But if I don't end up with a bottle (depending on how I do with the rest of the Weenies), I'll definitely hang onto my decant! :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

The sweet pea in here is strong along with a beautiful buttery vanilla. I'm getting more of the spice but it does amp up some when it's dry. It's very sweet, like a pumpkin pastry next to a vase of fresh sweet pea. Sweet pea is the strongest on me, way stronger than I remember the original being. It's very comforting and sweet, would be nice for sleep!

I don't think it's better than the original Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, but it's definitely just as good!

Vanilla heavy pumpkin spiced latte. If you ever wanted a vanilla heavy PSL, look no further. This may be my favorite variant. Good throw and wear length.

This is absolutely that buttery pumpkin note I've come to associate with early-era BPAL a la Jack. There is something very Publix sugar cookie about it too. Not BPAL Sugar Cookie, but actual deli-style sugar cookie. I feel like if you want a true sugar cookie kind of scent with a whiff of buttery pumpkin spice,  Mouse's Long and Sad Pumpkin would be a great choice! It's delicious but also I think I have enough Buttery Pumpkin to last me a lifetime. 

This is okay, kinda duds out on my skin for some reason. Very glad to get a decant instead of a full. Pumpkin spices, especially cinnamon can go wet cigarette wrapper on me ( I know, weird). This goes like curry, wrapper, and vanilla on me with a bit of light woods. I'll stick with the original Mouse but I think on the right skin this would be a gorgeous vanilla pumpkin woods combo.

Lots of spiced vanilla pumpkin and not much mouse. Hardly any sandalwood, sweet pea or amber. I agree with z_z’ assessment that it’s quite like a vanilla pumpkin spice latte. I’m going to try this again next fall and see what it’s settled into.