Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Beholder Optician

A clear, glassy scent, translucent and blushing, that will bring your world into sharp focus: eucalyptus leaf, white amber, pink bergamot, strawberry, and sheer, crystalline vanilla musk.

Oh this is so fun! Starts a deep, syrupy fruity, with orange - or I suppose that's the pink bergamot - singing the loudest. The musk brings this to a resinous sweet, and the eucalyptus takes this to a dead ringer for Juicy Fruit gum. YUM! A wonderful fruit punch, with the strawberry joining in the chorus last. I am not a big fruit scent wearer, but I'm trying, and I was so intrigued by this combination. This is probably the best luck I've had with strawberry! (and I have been TRYING lord i have tried - Maenad, Rope Pulley, Hollywood Babylon, Strawberries & Honeycomb... Laura came the closest). But I will enjoy every last bit of the decant! I would definitely wear this during summer days - would be great for strolling through the park or shops, drinks with friends, heck I could probably even pull this off at work. What a joy!

EDIT: yeah, so, I brought the imp to work in my BPAL stash, and it is the scent I have been reaching for most! lasts for hours. it's been a great refresher to follow orange or other sweet/fruity notes, like An Assortment of Spring Pleasures today, which does not appear to have fruity notes but absolutely comes across as fruity floral to me! B.O. is so far out of my usual scent zone, and i'm loving it! :D 

Edited by groovyrooby

This such a fun scent! it smells like Strawberry poprocks! I know that smell b/c I love that candy! If you want a fun, sweet candy scent that has a zing...get thee an imp/bottle.😍

Optician opens as so spring-like and refreshing. Sweet, almost candied strawberries under a sheer, gossamer drape that reminds me -- if anything -- like the gossamer vanilla of Zorya Polunochnaya.

There's a little whiff of the refreshing eucalyptus at first that returns periodically. The pink bergamot is also light and shows up on my skin after a while. By that point, this has gone a touch powdery, kind of white musk-powdery.

I love everything about this except that bit o' dust, and also that it's kind of short-lived. The gossamer vanilla strawberries are really a treat.

This one is a strawberry party. I get the cool eucalyptus and some musk (sans vanilla) with it at first, and then the white amber joins in and helps the musk tip this into more of a perfume territory than a candy-like one. The strawberry is super sweet at first, but the pink bergamot helps it seem like a not quite ripe strawberry that's more pink than red by the end of the day. The eucalyptus is not nearly as strong as it was initially, but it does continue to add a coolness to this bright scent. Alas, the vanilla seems to be missing on my skin, but perhaps it would show up with age.

I don't think I'd reach for this one, but it has got me curious to try more scents with pink bergamot.

Wet: fruity sweets

Dry: Not quite so much of a fruit hit, a drier scent, strawberry coming through along with the vanilla musk but the whole thing seems too sweet and girly for me

In the imp and on wet this is a candy-sweet strawberry with a whirl of white amber. Candy sweet, but not artificial like strawberry tends to go on me. As it dries it definitely has a cool, glassy quality at the edges and the sweetness is dialled down just a bit. I could detect a little citrus but couldn't pin it,  but the pink bergamot note is lovely and melds so well and gives it a zing. I can't pin the eucalyptus or the vanilla musk specifically, but I can definitely tell they are playing a part. I'm having a hard time describing the scent with the cohesion it has on my skin, I think @Casablanca description of candied strawberries under a sheer, gossamer drape best depicts it. Strawberry is not a note I wear at all, but this is so lovely and actually plays so well on my skin.

On me this is an all-day high-end strawberry candy, like the expensive German candies that have the semi-liquid filling and come wrapped up like little strawberries; then again, that's how the Lab's strawberry note reads on me.  In the bottle, it's fresh strawberries with a mere hint of eucalyptus.  On, wet, it sweetens up substantially on my skin into that clear strawberry candy note,.  On drydown I get a slight whiff/afterthought of what could be a clear skin musk, but this one is all about the strawberries front and center.  Wore this by itself yesterday, and layered it with Party Tricks HG for extra strawberry fun today.  Really FUN is the best way I can describe both the scent on its own and the combo.

This smells like a strawberry-flavoured sour candy. Very syrupy and sticky sweet. While not unpleasant, I don't really know when I would wear this. I'm not often in the mood to slather myself in strawberry jam. Still, crystalline is a good description indeed. There's definitely something in this that evokes a glistening candy shell.

A light, sweet, candy strawberry. It opens bright, but without detectable eucalyptus, and softens to a strawberry vanilla musk kind of situation. It's like a slightly more polite, grownup version of that strawberry shampoo I used as a kid.