Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Honeysuckle & Wisteria

This is exactly what it says on the tin, though the wisteria takes a backseat to the honeysuckle. I also have the Wild Honeysuckle single note from a while back, as well as the Ménage à Trois: Night-Blooming Jasmine, Wild Honeysuckle, and Wisteria, so I compared the three together. Where the Wild Honeysuckle SN has a chalky quality that H&W does not. the jasmine in  the Ménage à Trois stands out while the other two blend into the background. All in all, H&W is my favorite of the the three. The wisteria makes the honeysuckle more itself if that is even possible and it has some serious staying power. There is a divine lusciousness to H&W: it smells like flowers blooming on an evening breeze. 

As advertised, heady sweet honeysuckle and wisteria. It's floral, clean, and lovely. Great throw and wear length.

Pretty straightforward, smells like a beautiful spring breeze. Heady, a bit sweet and has a bit of that clean white floral from the wisteria. Pretty strong throw on me. 

I think I'm getting more of the wisteria than the honeysuckle. It's got a fresh, clean vibe. Almost goes into linen territory but I think the honeysuckle makes it more floral. As it fades, it starts to smell like sweet green grass as well.

It's beautiful and soft, I don't wear florals a ton so I won't be upgrading it. But if you love either of these notes, especially wisteria in my case, you have to try this!

It is what it says it is. Floral and floral.

The balance is skin chemistry-dependent: It came out about even honeysuckle and wisteria on me, but mostly honeysuckle on my friend.

I was a little mad when I first got this in the mail because the wisteria completely overpowered the honeysuckle and came off all aggressive, sharp and clean smelling.  It just needed a couple weeks to settle from the shock of its international travel, though.  Now it's bursting with the sweet, creamy, vanilla & honey goodness of honeysuckle.  The wisteria, I think, just lends a cold, airy note and a hint of green stem under the creamy, sweet floral.  It reminds me of sipping on honeysuckle flowers by the creek as a child.  Sweet and gourmand-esque.  It reminds me of my beloved Honeyed Honeysuckle atmosphere spray, which is wonderful.

Wet: Gorgeously lush honeysuckle, with a sharp green stem underneath.

Drydown: Faint puffs of wisteria as the honeysuckle fades, but predominantly clean and green. Quite pleasant.

Dry: Mostly vegetal green, faintly floral. It's nice and unobtrusive. Definitely not what I expected.

Full disclosure: wisteria does not work on me and typically goes sharp and screechy on my skin, but I was given this as a frimp, and I love honeysuckle, so here goes!

The wisteria in this is indeed very screechy on me, but the honeysuckle in this is heady itself, so it holds its own and doesn't allow the wisteria to stomp it out. Unfortunately, this isn't a favorite variety of honeysuckle for me... I prefer Trumpet Honeysuckle & Lemon Beebalm and Wild Honeysuckle to this one. Those are sweeter. By the end of the day, it's a heady, but smoother, honeysuckle note backed by some sharp wisteria.

I am glad I got to try this, but this one isn't for me.

Is exactly what it sounds like and is absolutely gorgeous.  Long wear, medium throw.