Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Ecstatic Dancing Penises

In the bottle it’s expensive woody traditionally men’s cologne.

Wet on skin its all balsam and benzoin, I can’t get any other notes. Slightly sharp. As it dries I get the tiniest hint of tomato leaf and the mahogany. It’s hard to stop huffing my skin. The patchouli is hiding.

Once dry the mahogany amps up and this is a gorgeous woody, spicy blend. I can’t quite pick up the cardamon yet there is a touch of spice. Still no trace of the patch.

Throw is quite wide and I keep walking around wondering what smells so damn good. It me.

I took a risk on this because of balsam & cardamom. Both are wonderfully present, so if you like those notes, this is one to try! 

Wet, the tomato leaf & balsam come on STRONG. After about 10 minutes, the wood & spice come out, & a fabulous balance is struck. The patchouli is subtle & woody.

I 100% agree with @ReallyZeb that this is reminiscent of an "expensive woody traditionally men’s cologne," & that it smells "so damn good." Green Man heading out for a hot date, maybe?

It's gorgeous. I won't need a bottle. I'm glad I got a decant. It's not something I'll wear, & Teapapa won't go for the green notes at the start.

Got two bottles of this just for the tomato leaf note, which is one of my faves.  Did not disappoint.  In the bottle:  A very green balsam; it's a bit tight in the bottle still.  On, wet:  Tomato leaf note, benzoin, and wood notes quickly float to the top.  The sweet benzoin is like a breeze on top of the main scent, which has the tomato leaf as its standout note.  Drydown:  This has a long, lovely drydown; end result is a greenish woody mélange with the mahogany as its base, with only slight hits of the patch.  Oddly enough, the cardamom is not really showing itself that much if at all; it's kind of blended in with the rest of the green/spice element.  The tomato leaf lasts into the drydown where it is still present, just more muted; think crushed dry tomato stems when you twist one tomato off of a bunch from the supermarket.  REALLY nice.  Definitely a unisex scent also, and as many have observed, it really is like a very  high end men's cologne.

So I got kind of a aquatic, green smell at first that was rather faint, so then I decided slather.  BLAMO!  Got by ganja! :hippie: 

Lots of bitter green.  Very reminiscent of the lab's weed note.  Things calm down a bit though, and that sort-of fresh, watery vibe comes back and the herb steps back into recognizable tomato leaf territory.  The wood's gaining strength, grounding things and warming them up a bit.  It's a wee bit smoky and spicy.  Just a wee....

This smells like the very lux, all-real-wood cabinetry and state-of-the-art stainless steel applianced kitchen of a handsome Scottish man, who really knows how to use knives in the kitchen and endive in a salad, all while wearing the most dashing of kilts.  Yes.  It's THAT specific.  

Dark green herbal over warm, smooth, smoky wood.  Leans masculine.  I'd love it as a home scent or on said Scottish man.  Not sure if I'd wear it as a perfume.  Have to sniff on it a bit more.

Edited by VetchVesper

Tomato leaf, mahogany, benzoin, and a whiff of cardamom. This is a masculine "green" blend. I get a very prominent tomato leaf note, and its fresh, but very bitter in this blend and I think its a by product of the mahogany wood and patchouli. There's some resinous benzoin that is spiced with cardamom. Its cozy, green, and masculine tomato leaf. Good throw and wear length.

Agreed with all of the above. This is a vegetable garden aquatic. Very clean, very fresh and vibrant and green. If Irish Spring made a tomato leaf/grass cologne. That's not a slight at all, it's quite nice and the soapiness is manageable. This just smells good, and clean, and alive. "Green Man on a date" is spot-on. Tomato leaf lovers should try this!

Edited by supreme_c0rt

smells like a woody, expensive men’s cologne... dried down much softer, aquatic. it does have an edge - i guess that must be the tomato leaf ? 

overall, may acquire a bottle for picturesoffiance

Edited by picturesofmeghan

i left this one at my boyfriend's house! i think it's more for him than me personally. he tried it on immediately once he smelled it, so i'd call that a hit too.

it's quite nice, and could certainly be described as unisex however.

smells like an expensive, woody, subtle men's cologne.

but the "cologne" note that i sometimes find to be off-putting is not present in this one, as it's much more natural smelling & pleasant. no harshness.

Thanks to rivetted I was able to test a sniffy of Ecstatic Dancing Penises before I bought it!

I. LOVE. THIS. SCENT. SO. FUCKING. MUCH.

This is absolutely everything I was hoping for and then some.  I didn't even need to get this all the way on my skin to know I wanted a bottle ASAP. Starts with an incredible rush of GREEN tomato leaves freshly snapped, GREEN stems freshly crushed, the ripe bite of tomatoes, just GREEN GREEN GREEN. I get no soap at all, just the idea of pure rich sun heated earth and a RIOT of green, growing things. The woodiness of the blend just makes me think of the sun hot garden gate, not specifically mahogany. YESSSSSSS this is why I love bpal so much. This bottle makes ME ecstatic!

I get no shift into obnoxious overbearing men's cologne (🙏 thank g-d) on the dry down which is a huge relief and legit makes me want to European cheek kiss the whole blending team for this perfect little bottle. This is the wild, frenetic dancing garden spirit scent of my dreams.  This brings me joy and makes me smile, genuinely.

I can't fucking wait for my final Shunga order to get here!!!

EDIT: Bottle got here. It's still perfect. EDP Might be a little too energetic and bold to wear in the office tho, oooops!!

Edited by Llanval
Scent update.

In the imp I get hit with the balsam, quickly followed by cardamom and patchouli. It smells like how I think a Really Expensive retreat lodge in the mountains would smell. On my skin it smells similar but a tiny bit sweeter from the benzoin, the balsam is a little softer and it is more woody now. Absolutely stunning.