Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Howling in Vain

Sylvia is my favorite Hallowench, and this hair gloss did not disappoint! Plus I'm a sucker for anything with "fur" listed, as generally this makes a very fuzzy/cozy scent.  :werewolf:

Smelling from the bottle I can pick out all the notes, the amber hits you first, than the rice (there is just enough to be interesting but not enough to smell like you've been in a cafeteria food fight) and then the champaca. 

Once in the hair everything blends together and gives off a general cozy ambery vibe with a bit more interest to it with the rice and champaca. Very glad I wasn't scared off by the rice and decided to get this. :evol:

I love this HG! I had to re-read the notes because I was getting a pistachio vibe at first, but I think it must have been the toasty rice. It’s very warm, rich, and complex.

Question- does anyone use the HG on the body, or are these pore-clogging or otherwise not appropriate for skin?

If this is what the rice note smells like, I need them all. Tested from a half-bottle after sitting about a week.

First impression was butterscotch. Peanut butter, toffee, sweetness. Buttery richness, and a little bit nutty. I'm thinking that's the basmati? That distinct popcorn nutty smell of opening the lid on pot of rice on the stove.

This is a really rich-smelling hair gloss. Faintly sweet, nutty rice - strongly delicious.

This smells like freshly cooked basmati rice. It actually smells like rice! Becomes sweeter and the amber gains more of a presence with time. If you like warm rice notes, get this!!

Basmati rice and amber! Very “warm”. Kind of nutty?

I wasn’t sure how much I’d go for a basmati rice note, but it’s quite pleasant.

This gets a touch sweeter when it dries, but overall doesn’t seem to morph much on me.

This is SO dang good. I went a bit looney and blind bottled this and a couple other Hallowenches HG's this year. NO REGRETS!  But THIS one's my favorite. :werewolf:

Yes, I DO love the lab's basmati rice note. It's warm, a bit nutty, a bit like fresh popcorn or warm bread, and here, it mingles delightfully with champaca incense, another love.

Comforting, but still sexy, I kept getting whiffs of this in my hair for several days and loving every minute of it. 

@MelissaK Some folks do use the HG's on their skin, yes. I wouldn't think it would hurt anything.

Edited by VetchVesper

Somehow misplaced my decant of this and just found it last night, decided to give it a go without looking up the notes first. My initial reaction: "nutty and fuzzy." That rice note is VERY nutty, in a good way! The amber fur is understated at first, but overnight it really melded with the champaca in a gorgeous way that has me catching whiffs of delicious incense now and again. I get confused every time until I remember "Oh! It's my hair!" Really glad I found it before it was too late to FS it!

this starts with fur, amber and rice. a little while later i get more champaca and amber and the rice is adding a sharp nutty note in the background. also something is turning a little like cat pee on me unfortunately. i often cannot do super foody notes so i am guessing it's something in the basmati rice accord. after awhile that finally wears off and i am left with mostly fur and amber.

Seriously was like "oh no I will use up this sample" so I bought the bottle and it is just the gift that keeps on giving. It's nutty and sweet but not _too_ sweet, feels like a foody scent without making me hungry. Not that I would turn down some basmati and some werewolf cuddles. I really love it. It's just like so "curl up"y if that makes sense

Edited by Obsidity

Nutty toasty rice (reminds me to rice pudding), and amber. This smells delicious and comfy, and its amazingly good. Love it.