Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the bottle: Almost exclusively the same candy corn note as in last year's Candy Corn Snake Oil. 

On my skin:

Muskier, boozier, candy corn. If you've ever wanted Smut to be a little less sexy -- or wanted candy corn to be sexier -- it's about halfway between. I love both ends of this spectrum, so the middle works out for me, too. As it dries, the darker Smut musks play up a little bit more, so it's now musk plus candy corn. Ultimately, it stays pretty consistent with what I expected from Candy Corn Smut, which is wickedly fun.

My one complaint right now is that it fades fairly quickly on me (within a couple of hours), but aging may also improve that as the candy corn note in my Snake Oil version lasts longer... and my aged Smut lasts for daays

Okay Smut does weird things to Candy Corn. I swear this is has coffee in it. To me its coffee tinged candy corn. I mean, if that's your thing, give this a whirl. Medium throw and wear length.

So... I get coffee from this?  And then it becomes more like a caramel.  It's a lot richer and darker than I was expecting, but it does smell yummy.  Also, it LASTS.  Just like the real thing -- this stuff sticks around forever on me.

I get more candy here than Smut, but it's pretty perfect for foody lovers with a Halloween sweet tooth.  ;)

ETA:  Ahahaha.  Just saw the other reviews.  Apparently, I have the same nose as @zankoku_zen and very different chemistry from @torischroeder9.  i've been blasting smutty candy corn for the last 6 hours, and it's still quite potent.  

Edited by VetchVesper

OG Smut and I have a complicated relationship--sometimes it's some kind of sexy musky magic and sometimes it goes straight-up soap on me. So I wasn't sure what to expect, but I enjoy the Candy Corn Snake Oil from last year and couldn't resist at least giving this a try.

In the bottle, fresh from the mailbox: yep, coffee. Black, a little creamy, maybe espresso? But "coffee" is the only note I get here. I'm kind of relieved to see I'm not alone in this experience, because I was really wondering what was up with my nose at first!

In the bottle, two days later: oh heyhihelloooo *that* is some candy corn. Actually, the exact image this conjures up is the pumpkins made from...essence of candy corn? what is this? candy corn, but shaped like pumpkins? is this even a different smell than corn-shaped candy corn?...in the bulk candy bins at a local grocery store. Where did the coffee go? It's fine, I'm into this candy corn thing.

On the skin, wet: Boozy McBoozerson. There's a sweet, murky cloud behind the alcohol burn, but yow this wet stage is something I would probably be asked to explain in the workplace.

On the skin, no longer wet: Oh! The woozy booziness dissipates and I love what it leaves behind. It's musk on a sugar rush, with that distinct candy corn edge. An hour and a half or so in, the musk and candy feel pretty evenly balanced and are playing so well together. After the first 15-ish minutes, this is lower throw than I would have expected from a Smut blend, but it's definitely still present and seems like one that might gain some staying power as it ages.

I want to wear this a couple more times to make sure it's going to play nice consistently with my skin. If it keeps doing this playful sexy-sugar thing in future wears, though, this is an easy bottle upgrade for me.

My best friend hates candy corn. Like... hate, as in there isn't a dark enough, filthy enough ring of hell to house the conical, candy-striped demons. On the approach of each Halloween, we used to play a clip of Lewis Black ranting about them for annual candy corn catharsis.

Candy Corn Smut came out; I perversely convinced her to get a sample. She got a Smut set (we do know she likes Smut) and I'm writing about this set today.

On both our skin, Candy Corn Smut was black coffee out of the gate, like others describe. As it warmed on me, I got the Smut musks and a creamy, faintly fruity candy note that is candy cornish.

As the blend warmed on her, she fell for it. She kept huffing it, as though it were the room's only supply of oxygen, and looking chagrined. "I can't believe this is my favorite of the lot." Later: "One bottle might not be enough."

I have glee. 😊

I haven't smelled BPAL's candy corn note before...that I know of or remember...but I DO LOVE candy corn, especially the harvest corn variety which this REEEALLY reminds me of. I could not be happier!!! Harvest corn has been increasingly hard for me to find, but it's honey and chocolate flavored candy corn. I begin to hoard & snack on it every year (particularly yummy mixed w/peanuts). Mixed with Smut ... it just makes me smile! The red musk and booze gives a zingy little lift out of the bottle, but there is dark, yes, mocha like note (especially when compared to Chocolate Smut) that dims it down. It's sweet...oh, yeah...super sweet, and kind of gummy, but with a earthy, roasted kind of depth. It lasts and lasts on my skin, which is always a plus. It's SO GOOD! Sexy candy corn! 

I daresay I like candy corn smut more than regular smut.

Like others, my first impression is mocha + smut, but it does eventually evolve into a marshmallowy vanilla + smut.  I don't know if I'd associate it with candy corn without being told that it's candy corn, but the important thing is that it's pleasant, surprisingly subtle, and because it's a smut I'm sure the scent will linger forever because that's what smut does.

I don't get the coffee, mocha, or caramel that others mentioned. This feels very similar Candy Corn Pumpkin Floss or the Candy Corn Snake Oil. The candy corn note is the same, and it doesn't morph much on me. I think the smut adds a slight depth that I don't get with the others, so it feels more adult, but it's not oozing anything other than yummy sweet candy. I think my nose is too simplistic when it comes to these sweet gourmand scents. Anyway, if you're a candy corn nut, I'd say to get it. If you're waffling because you already have Snake Oil version, I think it's safe to pass.

This really confused me. First the first few minutes, this smelled just like espresso! I've tried Smut before so I know it wasn't from that. Eventually, it dissipated and I was left with Smut plus some extra sugar. I didn't get candy corn from this at all.

Weird, but still good if you are a fan of Smut and coffee! If I didn't already have a few coffee blends, I'd be tempted to upgrade to a bottle. But since the coffee note didn't last terribly long and it wasn't all that different from Smut once dry, I'll just keep my regular Smut bottle for now. It also fades pretty quickly, within just a few hours in my case.

Disclaimer: I don't like candy corn, and I'm a candy junkie. But I recognize the smell. I like Smut, but it isn't one of my top 10 BPALs. To my nose, Smut smells like "after-sex" smell on my skin. However, I get a lot of compliments when I wear it.

This perfume has that recognizable sugary sweetness truly mixed into Smut. Hmmm. It fades quickly, and goes plasticky on me at dry down. Glad I got to try it, but I have others I prefer more (Chocolate Smooch Smut, I'm looking at you!)

I love it. As many others have noted, it's the same Candy Corn note from last year's Candy Corn Snake Oil, only swap in Smutty Smut Smut for the Snake Oil. It's delicious.