Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VetchVesper

Smells to Work Out To - 30 Day Challenge

Hello! It feels good to be back after spotty check ins on my part.

You all are inspiring!

Monday I can’t remember what I wore but did 30 minutes of yoga sculpt with body weight only. I felt stronger after taking a few days off which was nice. Yesterday I lazed about and drank wine instead. 

Today I did an hour of high intensity interval/ yoga and it was an ass kicker! Lots of isometric holds and I loved it. I also did some gardening and moved my office from my living room to another room upstairs now that the weather has cooled. I feel good about the fact that I basically did physical tasks for about three hours today. 

I wore Haunted Housewife from the new release on one wrist and Blood Kiss on the other wrist. I was so into my workout I honestly don’t remember smelling anything at the time. Strange, that!

Hello my witchy lovelies!

I fell off the wagon hard this week, it was a pretty bad mental health week, and I pretty much retreated into myself and did absolutely nothing productive and fell behind on my work. To be honest I don't know if I can get a good exercise routine going while the semester is in full swing, with the end fast approaching. We started much earlier this year because of covid, so I have a shit-ton of stuff due by mid-November, plus I'm helping organizing a fairly large conference (which has been turned into a virtual event) and I'm just very overwhelmed. The cabin fever is also getting to me and I'm just grumpy and sad and annoyed (the Sagittarius rising in me is having a giant whiny baby moment because I haven't gone on a fun adventure in way too long). Blergh. The thing is, I know yoga would help with all of that, but I can't find the energy.

Anyway, I think I will not pressure myself into doing anything that does not absolutely need to be done until winter break and prioritize all the things that come along with scary looming deadlines. Break will be very long this year (again, because we started so early), and I'm obviously not going anywhere. I'll have to do some work then too, but it's a very different pressure, so I can take the time to reimplement good habits then.

I hope y'all are doing okay, and that your respective family issues have gotten resolved, or that the very least that things are going as smoothly as they can. 💜

Hi hi witchy sisters,

It's been a minute since my last update. The days go by v fast. Accountability! On Sunday I did about an hour of yoga in the morning and took 9 mile hike around a lake in a regional park nearby. It was nice to get out of my loud ass neighborhood and  be around plants and non human animals. I gotta find some way to do this more often.

Spacing a bit, def did some yoga Monday and Wednesday with Adrienne. This morning I wore embalming fluid for the first time and mixed Manhattan with my leave in conditioner to walk to my ballot drop off. It was about 90 degrees out, I was sweating, in a giant grapefruit lemon cloud. It was great! The citrus really helped me get going I think it was about 2 miles in all. I'll probably do a little more yoga before bed tonight. 

This thread has really been helping to motivate me to do a little more and to not be so hard on myself. It's been super helpful. Plus Adrienne and my Pilates youtube lady have been super encouraging, lol. Thanks a bunch! 

Good work, everyone!  @Kelthara, you take care of yourself in the way that is best for you.  @Supertrooper Omni I've never thought of putting BPAL in my leave in conditioner!  This opens up new possibilities. 

Yesterday I wore October again because I love it so much so I should wear the heck out of it while it is actually October.  And I walked a different direction than usual, and I did some modest 3-minute intervals, trying to bump up the walking intensity a bit. 

Today I put on The Twisted Oak Tree, another Weenie from years past, and played tennis for the first time in about a year.  My aunt and I are pretty terrible, but we have a lot of fun.  Later in the afternoon I talked with my son's therapist for an hour.  I was out running errands in a beautiful neighborhood, so instead of heading home and taking the call there, I just parked and walked around the autumn streets with views of Puget Sound.  Not really exercise, but movement, and a chance to be outside.  The nice days will be far fewer and farther apart soon. 

G'morning Workout Witchies! 

@Supertrooper Omni woooot!  Nine miles is freakin' amazing!!!  And yes, getting away from the human animals is so cathartic ❤

@Kelthara don't let life burn yourself out, sister.  Sometimes we have to take mental health breaks.

@VetchVesper I hope you're doing well!

And to everyone...you're awesome and beautiful and keeping me motivated 😙

Yesterday I tested Perfectly Normal Childhood.  Yummy fluffy marshmallow cakey goodness.  I honestly think that wearing cake keeps me from eating it, LOL!  My granddaughter loved it, which is appropriate since I am trying to bring some normalcy and structure into her life.  She begged all morning to exercise with me, so we tried some Adriene yoga.  That lasted all of three minutes before she got bored, so we headed upstairs to my workout room.

I did about 45 minutes of Rhythm Boxing on the Wii, a few sets of crunches on the Ab Coaster, and some leg work on the Bowflex.  Neko threw punches alongside me, got on the stair-stepper for a few minutes, and "lifted" (bicep curls at 5 lbs resistance), so I hope I'm instilling good habits and a love for fitness within her.

Surprisingly enough, I have lost 2 lbs since my last Wii session.  I'll take it, considering the fact that my activity level declined sharply for most of the week.   

I forsee a ton of gardening in my immediate future.  Once again, our temps have dropped precipitously.  It is 42° this morning, and I have around 50 Cannas plants to cut down and dig up for winter storage 😞 Sad face, because I hate even having to prune my houseplants.  I just don't like cutting them.  Though I know it's necessary, it still feels like I'm hurting them.

Happy Friday, Witchy friends!

What a week! Great job to all.

The seasons changing is throwing a wrench in my gears but Today was a good yoga day. I didn't work out yesterday, but did 30 mins on Wednesday and cannot for the life of me remember what I wore. Oh Well. Today- Did an hour and I was going to do nothing so, yay! 

WOSOTD was a Witch House by Black Baccara and it's so glorious! Can't get enough of it right now. My review on this was : juicy berries and aged wine spilled on a wooden apothecary floor. Just beautiful. Notes are: dark and earthy with a touch of fruit. Highlights include black patchouli, plum wine, cinnamon smoke, black honey, blueberry, and burning sage. 

Fully deserve my date night with myself- incense, crappy tv, leftover pizza and a Snake Oil soak. I'm retesting Woman at the Edge of the Woods tonight. It starts out so green and intense and goes from shadowy to almost berry and then back to a brambly something you can't pin down. It's so good! I really cannot describe it. Probably getting a bottle, but I need to give it one more go. 

Hi, all!!!  WOSOTD:  Dead Leaves and Red Carnation.  I made my son leave the house 45 minutes early for his orthodontist appointment (I said an hour, but he didn't comply) so that we could walk the dog on a trail near the orthodontist.  She is reluctant to walk starting from home but loves to walk in any unfamiliar area -- park, hiking trail, she was ecstatic to be out exploring.  We only got in a 30 minute walk because of drive time, but it was good, it was outdoors, it was better than nothing. 

An hour is WAY better than nothing, @Madame Mew! @Amazonia, I love the creativity in incorporating your granddaughter into your workout!

Thank you for the love guys :heart:

Y'all are amazing and I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines until I can join you again next month. Keep going strong!! :grouphug:

WOSOTD:  Black Annis.  I walked to -- ready for it? -- the post office.  To mail more GOTV letters.  Pretty much a slug the rest of the day. 

My second appearance in this thread! Thank you for all the welcomes the last time I posted! I am trying to get back on the wagon, and made it out for a 2-mile run yesterday, which felt great. The scent I chose to run with was A Demon and Her Unholy Basketball, one of the recent Liliths. Sadly, although it was one of the ones that I was most excited for, it's one of the few misses for me, there is a bitter, almost grainy bread note that gets in the way of my enjoyment. I suspect it's the brimstone note but it could be something to do with pumpkin sugar. But the run was great and I'm hoping to make it a more consistent thing :) 

@Seajewel welcome back and great job! I am awaiting my imp of Demon basketball so I'll look out for the bread note! I like Brimstone, but I'll post a review once I get my hands on it!

WOSOTD: Walking My Daughter to class. So lovely! It was such an uplifting scent. It even stayed through my shower! Damn, it's a good one. Feminine Dorian is what I am calling this. :)

Today I did 30 mins of vinyasa. Yesterday I didn't do any focused workout but cleaned my house, moved furniture and got a new coffee table (solid wood) so I did drum up a sweat yesterday doing all of that. 

Hello, witchy friends! Nice work, @Seajewel and @Madame Mew! I have a decent of the unholy basketball scent coming, too! I hope it works for me.

Yesterday two shorter walks: one to the dollar store for more envelopes and one to the post office for the lady of the Vote Forward letters. WOSOTD: Two Sheep and Two Goats which I haven’t worn since last fall but it’s SO beautiful!!!!!! And lasted all day and apparently got onto my Fitbit because I can still smell it on my left wrist 36 hours later. Today’s scent: Studie Einer Zeige which has an almost fizzy feel. I did a long walk but not an intense one.  I kept stopping to take pictures of autumn leaves.

Ok. Back on the workout wagon!  I actually did work out the evening of my last post. 1 hour of walking. Woohoo!  Today, I did a 20 minute walk and dragged my hubby along. I figure that expended some extra energy in and of itself.  :rolleyes:  I've been experimenting with SN's, duets, and menage a trois in my collection, so I was wearing about 6 different things. >_<° Tomorrow, I'll be picking something more coherant and will report! 

@Kelthara, I feel ya. Don't be too hard on yourself, and remember every little bit helps. 

@Amazonia, it sounds like you're a cool gtandma, and that was probably a pretty adorable scene. 😜

@Seajewel, nice t'see ya again! Welcome back! :D

See all y'all tomorrow!  :cheer:

P.S. Just wanted to add, thanks for all the good vibes everyone. ❤️

And welcome to the party, @niffler  ;) Fighter seems like a great choice for getting back to your workout/yoga routine.  Love that idea.  

Edited by VetchVesper

Ahhhight my Witchie Luvs, I'm getting back on track.  Buckle up for a looong post, as I am playing catch-up and a lot has happened recently.  Apologies in advance, I would spoiler the gory deets if I knew how.

First off, thank you to everyone who has been able to keep going, while the rest of us dealt with life, watched from the sidelines, and cheered you on!  You all have kept me from sinking into slug mode 😊  

@Seajewel I'm glad you're back!  I have never been a distance runner, so two miles is impressive to me.  I'm more built for speed, and about one mile is the point where I'm like...I'm good, thanks 😂

@VetchVesper whaddaya say we modify it from a 30-day Challenge to a For-the-Rest-of-Our-Lives challenge?  Oh, and good work getting the husband involved.  I still haven't managed to do that.

@Madame Mew moving furniture totally counts!  I used to do it for a living, and it is WORK.

@Lucchesa, thank you for holding it down, sister.  I look forward to your posts daily!

Granddaughter is back at home this week, and yep, I am the cool Gammaw.  She didn't want to go home, and made her daddy call me Sunday night to tell me that she missed me, and to thank me for her rainbows.  I have a giant faceted crystal in an East-facing window, and the morning light shining through it is one of her favorite things ever.  I made her a necklace with a Swarovski pendant, so she can have her own rainbows when she's not here.  It's a pretty amazing feeling to know that a tiny human is thinking about you when you're not around 💜

One of my husband's work family (a team manager and Hubby's protégé) left the office at 2pm on Friday, and his wife came home at 5pm to find him collapsed and blue on the living room floor.  They brought him back temporarily, but emergency efforts to keep him alive were unsuccessful.  Autopsy shows a "Berry" aneurysm exploded in the base of his brain.  He was younger than us, had kids and a new grandbaby, and everyone loved him dearly.  Just an all-around nice guy.  It really drives home the fact that we are temporary here, and we should live every day like it's our last.  Hubby is not coping well, as we also lost another old friend/former coworker to suicide last month.  It is...a lot.

Yesterday was a no-go since our sewer line backed up Sunday evening, and I had to wait all day for the plumbers.  A tentative "around lunchtime" appointment apparently means 5:45pm 'round these parts, and I didn't want to get sweaty until I could bathe, cuz...eeewww.  

Today I am wearing a mélange of scents, including a Chaos Snake (crisp white fruit...pear?) that went sharp and sour on me, so I slapped Boomslang over it (not enough "oomph") and then NAVA Vanilla Copal over that.  I smell confused.  I guess that fits, since I did a 20 minute Adriene yoga video, then an hour of Tae Bo.  Totally different worlds, LOL

The weather is no longer cooperating with my long walks, so the boring-ass treadmill is looming in my future 😐

Again...thank you all for keeping me motivated!

Edited by Amazonia

4 hours ago, Amazonia said:

The weather is no longer cooperating with my long walks, so the boring-ass treadmill is looming in my future 😐

Again...thank you all for keeping me motivated!

Yes, yes, yes, thank you all for keeping me motivated!!!  And that line about Amazonia's weather got me out into the bright, unexpected early autumn sunshine since the weather in the Pacific NW is now officially unpredictable (yesterday was supposed to be cloudy, it rained most of the day).  If it's nice, I'd better get my ass outside.  About a 45 minute walk with some good hills.  WOSOTD was Hoiru because I didn't manage to get anything on before heading out for a very stressful doctor's appointment, and Hoiru was the most comforting scent I had in my car (usual purse decants were in my travel bag -- need to remedy that!).  Hoiru's really lovely, but not exactly motivating.  Anyway, the doctor prescribed high intensity interval training and/or weight training and yoga or tai chi.  She particularly felt yin yoga (which I pretty much hate) would be good for my anxiety.  So I'm going to be finding some online workouts to do.  She said sweating every day is something to aspire to, to keep the brain healthy.  So glad I have you all to keep me going!

You all are inspiring! I made it out for another 2 mile run yesterday. Scent of choice was The Mystery of Giant Testicles on a Brothel Visitor. Beeswax, sandalwood incense, ti leaf, roasted nuts, and bamboo.  This was a favorite but lately it's going overly salty on my skin (not aging, I only got it a couple months ago and it was good then.. but skin is not acting nicely lately). Hopefully it goes back to being creamy goodness with a hint of salt.

WOSOTD was supposed to be Tombeur + Solstice Scents Snowmint Vanilla, but they wore off before I got my lazy ass around to working out.  It was nice while it lasted, though.

I did 15 minutes on the stair-stepper and 30 minutes combined on the Bowflex and Ab Coaster late in the afternoon.  Yesterday's Tae Bo has me a little sore, so I didn't push it too hard.  I have a rather arduous task ahead of me, and being able to move is imperative.  

Tomorrow's weather forecast is for mid-80's during the day, and then a dip below freezing overnight, so it will be my last opportunity to get outside and dig up my Cannas.  We have snow in the forecast early next week.  YUCK.  Our Autumn is far too short, and the whiplash change in the weather has me feeling blahhh. 

WOSOTD: October. I did a ten minute yoga video this morning then a walk to the post office and pharmacy during another splash of sunshine in a rainy day.

Good work, @Seajewel and @Amazonia!!!

Okay!  Walked half an hour yesterday (Wednesday) wearing Red Patchouli, Nutmeg, and Oud.  It has smoothed out beautifully with a bit of aging, and will probably only get better.  Absolutely no barnyard.  I want to wear it again for yoga-ing (Yup.  That's a word now.) because it's just such a nice, warm, grounding sort of scent that I think it would be perfect for that.  I've also read that some studies show nutmeg is an anti-depressant, though I don't know whether wearing it works as well as eating it. :P 

Today (Thursday) I walked 45 minutes wearing Gordian Hairmop.  I've been trying to decide if I like it or meh it.  I think I like it, but not till it's dried down quite a bit.  It actually didn't make much of an impression on my walk and seems to last a long time, but have very little throw on me.  I met one of my neighbors for the first time during my walk and had a pleasant chat which included an exchange of plant cuttings!  Woohoo!

Anyways, I too am grateful for all of you guys keeping up with this while I've waffled.  I'm really glad it's helping folks, and it's definitely helping me to get back on track rather than just peter out.  

@Amazonia  I figure, when people are done with their 30 days, they can always start a new 30 days.  😄  No reason the thread has to close down. 

I'm really sorry about your husband's co-worker and that your husband is having such a rough time.  It seems like everything is just butts for everyone right now.  For anyone on here that's having a tough time with things, and b/c this thread is in "recommendations," I know Betterhelp.com has been really helpful to me for counseling.  Their rates are a lot cheaper that typical in-office visits, and now of course, because of Covid, a lot of mental health professionals have been doing video and phone appointments anyway.  I've also found the scheduling they offer very convenient b/c I work odd hours, so it's hard to make appointments during traditional office hours.  I can talk to my therapist at 10 p.m. while wearing my pajamas and snuggling my cats - which I dig a lot.  :) 

Anywho, keep up the good work, all of y'all!  And I'm looking forward to finding out which of the new Weenies make wonderful witchy workout scents!  🎃 :tongue: 🎃

Edited by VetchVesper

Hey y'all!  I meant to check in yesterday, but distractions *cough cough WEENIES* happened.

Yesterday's WOSOTD was a combo of Cotton Phoenix and cinnamon-y Kinda Sorta Snake Oil Cream Soda, which is one of my absolute favorite comfy layering duos.  I feel okay resuming use of CP, since my wayward package (missing since September, delivered two doors down) found it's way back to the lovely seller, and is out for delivery today.  Woooot!  Yes, I already have four bottles, but I never want to run out of CP, soooooo....

Yesterday was probably our last warm day for a while.  I spent SIX HOURS preparing my outdoor plants for Winter.  Had a good cry before cutting down and digging up my Cannas, and packing up the rhizomes for Winter.  Hauled around giant bags of compost, soil and mulch, and worked them into the ground after I dug the rhizomes.  Lots of raking and hoeing (haha!).  I did keep a few smaller Cannas (I started them from seeds in February, so their rhizomes aren't as developed yet) intact in their planters, and dragged those into the house for safe keeping.  My back yard is bare and sad, and I hate it.  Got it done just in time, though...we have snow in the forecast early next week, and it is cold as a witch's tit today.

I am taking today off since I washed my hair this morning, and I am sooooore.  

@VetchVesper thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely check into that.  

Edited by Amazonia
cuz I am a dumb ass sometimes X-D

This is a shameless self plug - I'M RUNNING A WEENIE DECANT CIRCLE!  :boogie:

Ahem.

Also, I've been watching waaaay too much pole dancing lately.  O_O  But seriously, I've been binging on YouTube videos on PoleSportOrg and it's really inspiring.  The athleticism the women display (mostly women - the guys are fun to watch too. ;) ) is amazing in and of itself, but the diversity of physiques and the ingenuity of the dancers is also really fascinating.  The 2020 competitors have had to videotape their routines rather than preforming them live on a stage, and it's made for some truly ingenious choreography.  It's cool to see how people are excelling and adapting even in our Covid climate.  Just to be clear, this is how I drink my coffee in the morning.  :biggrin:   https://youtu.be/iLamzRZ00z4

Did a half hour of core strengthening exercises with a yoga ball and another half hour of yoga stretches.  I wore The Lion, which is lovely, but more subtle than I was expecting.  I'm noticing that sweet notes seem to  come out on me when I'm getting sweaty, which is interesting.  The Lion almost had a honey smell to it that I've never noticed before.  

1 hour ago, VetchVesper said:

This is a shameless self plug - I'M RUNNING A WEENIE DECANT CIRCLE!  :boogie:

Weee-HAW!

@VetchVesperOH WHAT! Glad you're plugging, as I may want in. I did promise myself no more decant circles but....

@Amazonia Now I know who to hit up when I run out of CP  HAHAHAHA!!! It's so good. 

I've been MIA! I've been on the yoga train daily, either 30, 45 or 60 mins. I worked out in Please Scream Inside Your Snake Oil, and loved that. It's really the only one of note recently. Shit, did I do that one already? No. Okay. Scatterbrained. 

25 minutes ago, Madame Mew said:

I've been MIA! I've been on the yoga train daily, either 30, 45 or 60 mins. I worked out in Please Scream Inside Your Snake Oil, and loved that. It's really the only one of note recently. Shit, did I do that one already? No. Okay. Scatterbrained. 

There is something delightfully non-sequiteur about wearing that for yoga.   It'slike - so much zen... and so much screaming.  😆  We need another version - Please Scream Inside Your Chakras. 

@VetchVesper LOL! Yes, PSIYC! Hahaha. I may need to get myself a full bottle, since I only did half in a decant circle. It's so damn good!

WOSOTD: Dragon's Milk. A facebook swap brought this frimp from '09 to me. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I haven't ever sprung for blends with Dragon's blood incense before, mostly because the one impression I ever had of it was a soap at a health food store when I was younger. Well, I've been missing out! The oil was super dark and viscous, and I put it on all of my pressure points plus my cleavage which I pretty much never do. I knew my workout today was going to be intense, so I wanted to just go for it. Yoga was a C2 class for 60 mins. MAJOR excitement over here today! I loved the instructor, held crow pose for 3 rounds of breath which I've never been able to do and also pulled off Eight Angle Pose or Astavakrasana on both sides!!! I was so happy, I cried! 🤗Needless to say, I think that Dragon's Milk and I are going to be yoga friends, and I'll never forget how ecstatic I was in that moment. Now to find me a bottle!

Looking forward to hearing what's been going on with all my witchy friends!