Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VetchVesper

Smells to Work Out To - 30 Day Challenge

HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!! I celebrated the Biden Harris victory with a 46 minute yoga with weights class. It was supposed to be an hour but I stopped it for water at 46 mins in and got too excited to finish it. LOL.  I wore Revenant Rhythm, amped that shit, took a shower and slathered on a bunch more. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

Greetings my luvs!  

Easing back into a routine today with Metal Twins...gooey, gently spiced cake batter...and a half-hour of Misty Tripoli Body Groove.  I don't want to wash Metal Twins off yet, so I think I'll get in a quick abs yoga session before I bathe.  Luckily, I was able to fix Hubby's Xbox and retrieve my Rodney Yee dvd :)

Miss ya, sistas!

@Amazonia great job on those tech skillzzz and workout! Now I want cake. 😈

Took a long lunch, cause why not!? Did an hour of yoga sculpt, and I think I did every rep! I got two new sets of weights over the weekend. 3lbs and 5lbs sets. The ones my sweet husband let me  borrow were too long and tall, so I couldn't complete some of the exercises in my videos correctly. Short lady life. 

WOSOTD: Rose Quartz Bedroom. I tried this one on fresh out of the mail about a month back. Just saw some more recent reviews and it reminded me that I needed to retest it. It's so pink and pretty. I feel like it's not "me" but I do plan on keeping the bottle because it's just gorgeous. I think aging this will do wonders, especially as that has rang true for every scent I have with saffron in it. If anyone has tried it and has any layering suggestions, lmk!

Hope all of you are having a good week, so far!🖤

Hi Lovies!

@VetchVesper, haven't heard from you for a while.  I hope life is being kind to you :hugs:

The Xbox decided it will no longer recognize most of my workout DVDs (had to do a firmware refresh after I got it to power on, and it jacked something up), so I ordered a new console today. 

WOSOTD was supposed to be Blueberry Suf (again?) but after messing with the xbox for two hours, it had mostly faded.  Realized the xbox will still play my T-25 DVDs, so I did the alpha abs workout.  Afterwards, I needed some cardio, so I tried a few workouts on Amazon Prime.  I got about 10 minutes in to a Julia Bogner (I think that's her name?) video and didn't like it.  Boring, no music, lone chick working out in front of her fireplace.  Ehh.  Found a newer Tae Bo workout and did that for 30 minutes.  Wasn't too happy with it...the energy just isn't the same as the original series.  Looks like I'll be utilizing the treadmill for the next few days :(

It's awfully quiet around here.  I know things are pretty grim as far as the squatter-in-chief is concerned.  I fantasize about throat punching and stumpy finger breaking, A LOT.

Edited by Amazonia

Hey hey! 

No workout yesterday, but I am still sore from Monday. My new little weights are doin’ it for me!

WOSOTD: Sanguinem Menstruum solo before the workout, then I added more and layered my Dried Strawberries trio. Boy howdy! Red musk cloud around me and it was awesome. Next go with red musk, I’ll use a little bit less because it was almost distracting 😹 and. Now that I think about it, I had only put it on my left wrist. I did 30 mins yoga sculpt. 

@Amazonia you’ve been cracking me up! Squatter-in-chief. Hahah love that term. 

Hope all of you are staying sane!!!

Edited by Madame Mew

Hiya!  Today's WOSOTD was Eat Me.  Love the tart currant with the cake.  Deliciously fresh!  Y'all are gonna get tired of my foodie scents 🤣

I discovered Alo Yoga with Briohny today, and I love her.  Did about 20 minutes, and boy howdy, I can definitely feel yesterday's T-25 abs workout.  Climbed on the treadmill for an hour after to help balance the muscle building with fat burning.  Still hate the treadmill, but it serves its purpose.  

@Madame Mew you have piqued my interest in CorePower and yoga sculpt.  Something to work toward!  Thanks, mi'lady 💜

@Amazonia I like those Alo yoga videos! I’ve done a few  of you like those, you’ll probably enjoy CorePower. Keep me posted!

no workout today, but I did vacuum, mop, and sweep the floors, and scrubbed my cupboards so I definitely worked up some heat! I wore Black Lace this morning, but since I didn’t work out I didn’t think to come back to how it changed with body heat. It’s very pretty! 

Hellooooooo! (mrs. Doubtfire voice) 

Saturday and Sunday I took the dogs out on some very long walks. I would guess 2-3 miles each day? I don't go outside much, so that is long for me! I wore Dead Leaves, Marshmallow and Pistachio with Caw Caw HG on Saturday. Sunday, I wore Boo HG with Flickering Lights, Fluttering Curtains. They're both SO DAMN GOOD! If you are on the fence, do it. 

I will be working out later, but just wanted to pop in now that I am back at the computer!

Hey hey!  Haven't checked in for a few days, as I was kinda lazy over the weekend.  Looks like it's you and me right now, @Madame Mew!  I miss the daily banter with everyone, and hoping all is well with @VetchVesper and @Lucchesa@Seajewel...how's  the shoulder?

Friday was a recovery day.  Everything was sore.

Saturday, I took it easy and played Pong with the Husband for a few hours.  I was on a NAVA kick that day, wearing Halloween Vanilla Boo's and Eternal Egypt Amber.  NAVA scents really work for me.  Beautiful sillage and staying power.  Boo's is such a gorgeous creamy vanilla.  It sold out quickly during NAlloween, but I won a BNNU bottle auction on Sunday, so yay for that.

Sunday was another lazy day, just housework and laundry.   Nothing exciting to report.

The weather was almost perfect yesterday (a little chilly and windy, but not too bad) so I walked a total of five miles while wearing Dark Lace.  The hot asphalt smell (bitumen?) has really toned down and smoothed out with some aging.  It gives just a little bite to the clean lace note, and it is really nice now.  I am so glad I'm a procrastinator and didn't destash it immediately after purchase!

Not sure what's on today's workout agenda yet, but I already know the scent will be 2016 Snake Oil.  I know...basic.  But oh my sweet Baby Jesus, 2016 is the perfect vintage!

I'm a day off, but did work out yesterday. Just 30 mins and broke a sweat doing upper body focused yoga sculpt. Can't get enough! I wore Alkemia - Autumn Fields. It's the most "candle" - like scent I own, but I love the hay note in this. Notes are: crisp green pumpkin flesh, fresh Kadota fig, amaranth, cut orchardgrass, and oat hay.

@Amazonia good to know about the Snake Oil 2016! I just tried some from '06... oldest vintage I've tried yet! 

I got all of my Liiths from a decant circle last night, so I'm trying to decide on one for today's workout. 

ETA I am going with A Demon and Her Unholy Basketball. This is so different from anything I've ever sniffed and I like it! Foody but not foody?!

Edited by Madame Mew

Hi, everyone!!!  Thanks, @Amazonia, for calling me back to the fold!  I have been doing at least 20 minutes of something most days, though obviously I haven't remembered to check in. Or more honestly, I think to check in at night, but it's too late and I need to go to bed.  A few days ago I hurt my shoulder in a yoga class -- doing what I'm still not sure, it just kind of pinged in the middle of nothing special, but it was weird and wrong for a couple of days.  Then I had a really stressful weekend with three new or partially new lectures in three days, Saturday-Monday.  Sunday I had to actually go to the venue and record live, to an audience of one (and an auditorium full of paper cutouts, which were surprisingly effective in fooling me into thinking I had listeners), and when I finally got home (it's a ferry ride away) it was just getting dark but I had so much nervous energy I went for a walk/jog.  I don't jog anymore because it hurts my knee.  But I did three 3-minute intervals of jogging, and on the third one, as I rounded a corner in my neighborhood, I tripped and went sprawling on the sidewalk.  I nursed my hurt for a moment then picked myself up, did the rest of the interval and walked home, but my right palm is all torn up. And sure enough, within an hour my knee was hurting badly.  I'm such an idiot.  I had used Earth bath oil as after shower moisturizer that morning but forgot to get any perfume on (it was going to be #Occupy).

Today it's supposed to rain all day, decreasing to showers in the evening, so I might go for a walk tonight.  But I'll have to do yoga or something before that.  I'm testing A Dead Death and Bakeneko, and I'm actually surprised at how well the latter is working on me.

Urgh.  Prodigal forumite here, crawling back.  :thud:  No work out today, but yesterday I did walk for half an hour, and Saturday, my husband and I explored a lovely park in the area.  It had hills!  When you live in Houston, that's pretty exciting.  😜  Anywho, walked an hour, dodging the occasional bicyclist, and that was fun.  Can't remember what fume I was wearing, but I've been favoring more comfort blends lately.  Sarah, from the Pretty Deadly series has been striking my fancy.  It's like soft leather and the nicest baby powder ever.  

I will work out tomorrow if it kills me.  Even if it kills me, I'll post from beyond the grave.  :ghost: 

Take care ladies, and thanks for keeping this going.  You are bad-asses.  :D 

@Lucchesa sorry you took a spill, but glad you're back! ❤️

@VetchVesper welcome back! ❤️

WOSOTD was two things: Sentence First, Verdict Afterwards and Shadows and Light. I am doing my best to destash stuff I know I won't wear, so I am trying to get to all my Liliths before Weenies all come through. I have a handful, but waiting on VV decant circle..woop! I'm thankful I have some time, and love having something to look forward to. Today, I did an hour of corepower yoga sculpt with Leslie... damn, she's tough. You can tell she's done pilates her whole life, because she realllllly likes to make you do isometric contractions. OUCH! :) Best workout I've had in a bit! Sentence First is super beautiful, but I amp clove. Normally, that's fine, but the rose in this is so pretty and it doesn't come through for a few hours on me. It's a beautiful blend, but I will be destashing because I have a bunch of rose, tobacco and clove blends already. I just know I won't pick it up often. Shadows and Light is such a beautiful, smoky blend. I feel like this one may be my favorite of all of the Liliths this year. 

Yesterday, I did not work out. I drank wine instead. LOL. I very much liked Demon and her unholy basketball though!

WOOTY-WOO!  I'm so happy to see my witchies are back!  This little workout coven really is the only thing that has kept me motivated.  I'd be a blob without you all!

@Lucchesa I hope your knee was just a temporary ouchie and nothing serious.  I did forget to watch your live stream lecture on Sunday (Sunday is all Football, all day in my household), but I donated, so was there in spirit.  Still disappointed in myself, since I was looking forward to catching your lecture 😕

@VetchVesper I know what you mean about being excited for hills.  We don't have those around here, either.  Have to drive to the Flint Hills (several hours away) or the Smoky Hills areas (within 100 miles, but still...) for any sort of elevation.  And congrats on getting your Hubby out there with you.  Mine still has yet to actually commit to any regular physical activity.  He's a potato, fo sho.  And don't die!  We don't wanna have to bust out the Ouija boards to talk to you :peep:

@Madame Mew yes...get you some 2015-2017 SO!!!  I have a few drops of my Cobalt bottled SO left.  I will be sad when it's gone, but I have a decent stockpile of younger aged bottles.  If/when we swap again, I'll hook you up!  And some days are just meant for wine drinking :drunk:

What day is this?  Thursday?  Ugh.  

Yesterday I wore Boo 2010.  Love love love.  The cream was leaning a bit sour when I first got it, but has settled back down with a few weeks rest after its journey to me.  Soft, billowy, creamy vanilla.  So much yum, and great throw.  I did 45 minutes of cardio Tae Bo, then the 30-ish minutes of butt and abs floor work.   Boo stuck around and kept going strong the whole way 😄

Tuesday was my 2016 Snake Oil and yoga with Briohny...or as much as I could physically accomplish, anyway.  She is super bendy, and I am not so much.  I'm pretty convinced that yoga isn't ideal for long-limbed people.  For instance, my arms are too long (I legit have at least 72 inch wingspan, which is two inches longer than my height) to fully extend in Cobra.  Feels like my lower back is going to snap in half.  But at least the long arms allow me to touch my toes easily, so there's that, I guess?  

Not sure yet what's on today's agenda.  I might break out my belly dance videos, since I don't want to get too sweaty and have to wash my hair again today.  I sweat like Whitney Houston...all up in my face and head region, and very little anywhere else.  So maybe Whitney wasn't always coked-out?  LOL!

TTYL Witchies!

ETA: Decided to get outside and walk today since our ridiculous fence-toppling winds have calmed the F down.  Took Chico for his mile, then another five miles on my own.  It's really warm due to the flattened Jet Stream, I am running the A/C, and I have absolutely no business being this tan in mid-November 😐  

Today's scent was Kabe Ni Mimi, and my bottle is heavy on super smooth patchouli (no pothead hippie vibes at all) and light sandalwood.  I can totally dig it.  Of course, I was wishing for a bit more vanilla, but y'all know me.  I couldn't really smell it until I got home, and then it was like WOOO YES, there it is!  I didn't want to wash it off, but skipping the shower was not an option.

Edited by Amazonia
Today stuff

Hello, workout friends! Today I wore Falling Leaf Moon which is gorgeous! I walked around Green Lake, about 50 minutes all told. 

Happy Friday! Go us!

WOSOTD: Witches’ Ride. Lovely rose, kinda reminds me of Eve (OLLA) but better. I could barely smell Eve, but I think they both share rose and incense. Love it and it lasted for many hours. I was not planning to work out cause I was so tired, but did it anyway. 30 mins of body weight sculpt yoga. I think I need to get back to some basic classes to get some good stretching in. 

HI! Hope all my witchy workout BPALers are well!

Saturday: No workout, but I went to Mt. Hood to play in some snow. I wore Blue Blankie, which I usually wear to sleep. It fades super fast, so I shall reserve it only as a sleep scent from now on. I put on You Are Not Alone later in the day. I didn't work out, but trudging through snow and a snowball fight with my husband sure did tire me out. I was super sore from Friday's workout, I think because I didn't stretch afterwards.

Sunday: WOSOTD was RR. I did 60 mins of a yoga sculpt class. 

Today: TBD. Not sure if I want to work out or eat pizza. I have Devil's of the Pit HG in my hair, and I put a little bit on my arms since I could not make up my mind this morning. I may need a rest day or at least some restorative yoga. 

Hi, everyone! @Madame Mew, did you decide to work out or to eat pizza? Yesterday I wore Tombeur, which I hadn’t worn in ages. So cozy and sexy!  I walked to the drug store and back, not even three miles, but I had a talk to finish so I couldn’t do more.  Tombeur held up beautifully.

This morning I gave my talk, which was on Beatrix Potter, so I wore Mole from the Wind in the Willows scents, which was as close as I could get (actually, she raised sheep, so I could have gone with Two Sheep and Two Goats but I didn’t think of it).  Mole did not last on me at all so I may be deaccessioning it soon. I’ll pick something else and go for a walk after dinner.

Hi y'all, I didn't realize I have been MIA since Thursday.  Whoopsies, and sorry for not checking in.

Didn't do any structured workouts over the weekend, just a few sets here and there of absent-mindedly lifting and tossing/catching my weighted ball.  More kid drama happened last week, and I'm also wrestling with the stress of my exploding retail therapy habits 😟  I must organize and put together a sale very soon, as my anxiety and guilt over my unrestrained spending is through the roof right now.

Yesterday's WOSOTD was Gothabilly.  It is an absolutely gorgeous scent.  Ripe dark cherries...not too sweet... a little spicy, smooth and deep.  It really is a masterful blend, and I love it a lot.  However, I do wish it was stronger and longer-lasting.  I have a small decant, and was seriously considering dropping a good chunk of cash on a bottle, but I'm not sure that I can justify doing so.  I did an hour of Tae Bo while wearing it, and I couldn't really smell it, despite the body heat.  I wanted major waft, dammit!  

I won't be able to get in a workout today, as I have to go grocery shopping.  QUELLE HORREUR.  I do NOT want to go anywhere near "the public".  Wish me luck.  

ETA: @Lucchesa the mention of Beatrix Potter brings back so many childhood memories!  Oh, how I wish I had been more careful with and appreciative of my Peter Rabbit books as a youngster 😕

Edited by Amazonia

@Lucchesa I went with PIZZA! Haha! I needed a rest day anyway, except now I don't know how I'm going to get a workout in today. I'm covering for 3 people at work, and my level of busy is no joke. I ate my pizza while working. Being busy is nice though! I have Tombeur, but just got it about 6 months ago so I am aging it. Do you find it needs aging? I honestly just haven't gotten to it but with the notes listed, I'd assume so?

@Amazonia Gothabilly sounds so good. I've read reviews on that one several times. Split a bottle?! Enabler over here. I feel you on the spending. BPAL has been my solace since March. BUT, I'm not going out to eat and drink so I feel like it's justified. 

Great job to you both for moving your booties. 

I'll do my best to get a workout in today. Almost 10 am and I don't even have perfume on yet. GAH!

Happy Thanksgiving, fragrant witchy workout friends!!!!  Yesterday I wore Illustrated Woman and walked to the natural foods store with my little pull cart for my last minute Thanksgiving needs (including nabbing the penultimate can of organic evaporated milk).  Then I got an impromptu invite for tea on my friend's porch and biked to her house (a hard 20-minute bike ride there, an easy 15 minute bike ride home).  

Today I put on Coiled Serpent and did an online yoga class with my local studio, one of my favorite teachers.  It goes so well with yoga!  I got sweaty (which brought out an interesting musk effect in Coiled Serpent) so I showered afterwards and now am wearing Pumpkin Spice Silkybat HG and Pumpkin Queen in the hopes that they will bless my pie baking.  

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!  I managed 30 mins of yoga today while wearing a Possets perfume, Mary Queen of Scotts.  It's buttery shortbread and it's added a little bit of comfort to my day.  Hope you are all doing well.  :heart: 🦃:heart: 

@Lucchesa How'd your pies come out?  Should there be a BPAL's to bake to recommendation thread?

I was only baking for myself and my kids, so I only made one pie.  Pumpkin with a cocoa crust.  The crust was good and easy, made in the food processor.  I'm sure the filling would have been good too if I hadn't forgotten to put the sugar in.  It wasn't terrible; we put powdered sugar on top. 

Hey hey y'all, I'm be-boppin' in for a short spell.  Hope everyone had a happy holiday!

I was too busy with holiday prep, cooking, and selling things, so no workouts Tuesday-Thursday.  Blahhh.

I made the most delicious mac & cheese for Thanksgiving dinner and ate waaaay too much if it, so I HAD TO get on the treadmill today.  Went 4.5 miles while wearing Anathema Device (and a drizzle of Tombeur for depth).  Anathema Device is a win...mostly fresh juicy blackcurrant on me, which is one of my favorite notes.  It lasted well beyond my workout until I got in the bath, so it has great longevity.  

@Madame Mew I am still considering that damn bottle 🤣

6 minutes ago, Amazonia said:

I am still considering that damn bottle 🤣

I am going to be very boring here and suggest that you not overspend on a decade-old rare that you yourself admit you're not fully satisfied with.  It's my experience with older bottles that the strength does not just keep increasing; at some point it starts decreasing, and you can't be sure how it's been stored and cared for.  OK, if you have oodles of money, ignore me, but does that describe any of us at this point?  

Today's WOSOTD was Fake News, which held up really well to walking to a local park and then playing pingpong for over an hour with a friend who doesn't look like she should be able to play pingpong at all but who is surprisingly good, then walking home the long way.  The breeze made things interesting.  So I got my 10,000 steps in and got some sunshine.