Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Harvest Moon 2020

This Harvest lunacy combines the autumnal scents of dry leaves, mulling spices, balsam fir, pine needles, cedar, juniper berry, clove, saffron, damson plum, white sage, yarrow, and lily twined with Dionysus’ sacred grapes and ivy, a bounty of apple, black fig, and pumpkin, and the amaranth and lingum aloes of Janus, all touched by a gentle breath of festival woodsmoke and sweet wine.

Harvest Moon comes out complex and lovely, dries down to more simplicity.

Freshly applied, this blend brings spiced and smoky apples with a smear of warm pumpkin. A little black fig (definitely the black sort of fig) and red wine are soft but present over a distant background of... woodsiness. Leafy tree stuff. This phase is nuanced and multilayered, like many of the Moons.

After drydown, I get mainly a sweet plum wine, with a touch of lingering smoke and Other-stuff-ness. Occasional sage whiffs, even. This later life of the blend is more simple and straightforward on my skin.

I'm not sure I have the language or experience yet to catch every note, but lets try.

fresh on my skin, I first smell the pumpkin and mulling spices very strongly. I do pick up a bit on the dry leaves and a nice, woody base. Actually, when i showed this to my mom we both agreed that it smells almost exactly like the Yankee Candle flagship store- specifically, the side of the building they dedicate to autumn scents, so hey, autumn accomplished!

Dried down a little bit it simplifies and sweetens a touch and smells absolutely delicious. The leaves and wood take a bit of a back seat (though still present) and the smell reminds me very much of baked apples, with a subtle amount of red wine, just the way I like to eat them. I love this scent and I'm so glad I decided on it as my first purchase from BPAL!

I'm ordering it, can't wait to try it! I've liked all the Lunacy scents so far, so I'm sure it won't disappoint. I will return to give a review when I get it. 

Edited by lakeplacidskater

Fall wine and pumpkin and a hint of apple smoke and that glorious rich, satisfying note that I get from my imp of 10-year-old Snake Oil. (What IS that note??) This is everything I thought L'Autunno would be but wasn't. Interesting that Hellionetic clocked this as Yankee Candle, because Autunno smelled to me like "bathroom with two Yankee Candles burning, Live Laugh Love stencils on the walls, Mr. and Mrs. bathrobes"

I think I may need a full bottle of Harvest Moon along with my Weenies. RIP, my wallet.

Mulling spices, plum, fig, and pumpkin. This one is slightly foodier than the others. Good throw and wear length.

There are so many notes here that it's hard to differentiate them clearly. In the decant, it's more evergreen and wood notes with a hint of mulling spice. But as it wears, the mulling spices, pumpkin, wine, and fig take over. I definitely wouldn't call this Mainstream Fall Candle, though -- the spice is too subtle for that. It's like a sweet, lightly spiced mulled wine.

This smells like a wonderful fall festival (it makes me nostalgic for the days when we could actually go places *cries*). All the notes are balanced very well, merging into a fruity, woodsy, smokey atmospheric scent. It's like drinking mulled wine and watching bonfires in the distance.