Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lilith would eat cereal five times a day if we let her, so this is the scent of fruit-adjacent cereal with whole milk, a blast of vanilla bean, heavy cream, and fresh strawberries.

To me, this smells just like fruit-flavored cereal, creamy whole milk, vanilla, and a few fresh, tart strawberries. The milk note is different from the one in Milk Moon; I don't get any sourness from it at all. I'm not usually a huge gourmand person, but I am really enjoying this. It has pretty good throw and longevity.

This smells to me like Captain Crunch crunch-berries!  There’s a nice creaminess that must be the milk.  Add the strawberries and this really does smell like a bowl of super sweet fun!  Love it.

I was expecting this to smell more like artificial, overly-sweet cereal, and it doesn't! Kinda like that little kid smell, after they've eaten something super artificial, half sweet, yet somehow half stinky. It does initially have that blast of artificial cereal, but evolves into a creamy, fruity, and the vanilla skin musk. I think the vanilla really grounds it, and strawberry lends to a more balanced sweet/fruity experience.

Strawberry fans: I think Eat the Strawberries is more of a strawberry that really meets those needs, this could be disappointing. But, sweet, fruity fans will love this.

This is EXACTLY what I hoped it would be! It smells like the bottom of a big bowl of Fruity Pebbles, when the cold milk and creamy half-and-half has taken on the coma-inducing sugary fruit flavors of the cereal. Sometimes milk can be "off" or sour as a note, but Dies Patribus is sweet sweet SWEET! That heavy cream is totally grounding the milk, richly gourmand, with soggy bits of Fruity Pebbles or Froot Loops floating around to bring you straight back to childhood. So cozy and yummy, very nostalgic. 

'Fresh strawberries' is a little different than my experience with this note, however. Eat the Strawberries is definitely representative of the best of BPAL's fresh strawberry. Dies Patribus's actually reminds me of the dried strawberries found in Special K! So still very much in the cereal realm. A very authentic dried strawberry, extra sweet and a little crunchy. But if you're hoping for fresh, this might disappoint.

For me, I was wholly satisfied with what this Father's Day served up for breakfast. Recommended for the sugary carb-loving gourmands among us!

I had a bowl of Cap'n Crunch Berries this morning, Fruity Pebble cookies this afternoon, and I currently have the scent of Fruity Pebbles going in one of my wax warmers. I came prepared for this review!

This is definitely the scent of fruity cereal with some strawberries tossed in to the bowl. It could be the strawberry swaying me, but I feel like this smells more like Cap'n Crunch Berries than the LÖÖPS, which is the other cereal I had in mind at times when smelling this. Definitely no Fruity Pebbles or Trix here, though. The cereal scent stays true for several hours (an amazing feat, since I feel like most perfume oils that smell like cereal smell like that in the vial but quickly just turn into the smell of citrus and berries once they touch my skin) before turning into the scent of cereal milk. Which is also good. 

I think I would like this even more without the strawberries, but I am still enjoying this even though I typically avoid that note.

I am really glad I was gifted a sniffie of this, but I think I may have to get some more. More LÖÖPS, brøether?

For me the initial smell here is strongly fruit. It leans towards strawberry a bit, but definitely has that generic fruit cereal smell behind it, where it smells like "fruit" but not any one specific fruit you could name.  I haven't had great experiences in the past with milk/cream notes (and probably wouldn't have tested this if Ajevie hadn't put it in a pack with the Scalias which I did want to test) but I'm not getting too much of either of them here.  If they're there at all, they're in the background just making the fruit a little creamier in texture.

A couple hours in this remains just relentlessly, aggressively a sweetened fruit smell on me.  I definitely prefer my fruits with something earthier to ground them a bit, so this isn't particularly to my taste, but if you're after a very sweet, sugared fruit with a bit of a soft creamy underlayer, this might be worth checking out.

Edited by Ythik

Strawberries and fruit loops. This smells like strawberry cereal. Or Fruity Pebbles, with extra strawberry. Sweet, sugary, cereal.

It took me an hour to figure out what this reminds me of. I was super excited when I smelled this because it reminded me of an old love that I only have a half decant of left: Beaver Moon '10. No peach and no cheesecake, lol, but they are really similar in my opinion - enough to trigger an immediate 'WHAT IS THAT?!' response. I love it.

I enjoy this fragrance so much!  It doesn't remind me of Fruity Pebbles at all because its not that sweet, artificial or simple smelling to me, and it doesn't have that citrusy sweetness of Fruity Pebbles or Froot Loops.  I think that it might be similar to Crunchberries (but more natural and not as sweet), but it's been a long time since I was around Captain Crunch, so I'm not sure how accurate that memory is.  It reminds me a bit of Villainess's old Birth Rite fragrance as well, which was berry frosting over a light spice cake and some resins (this is like that light berry/vanilla frosting and a softer bakery/grain note). 

The strawberry, cream and milk in this are so lovely, not overly sweet or sugary, and the cereal adds this nice, warm, airy grain scent.  It's like fresh strawberries sliced into whole milk with puffed cereal.  Delicately sweet and very natural smelling on my skin.  I love milky scents and this one is just so good.  Dies Patribus is my favorite bpal release of this year so far.

Fruity sweet cereal with lots of strawberries and a little bit of creamy vanilla. This is stunning and I'm glad I bought a full bottle. The cereal note is a little bit bready, closest thing that I can think of that it resembles is Froot Loops. The fresh strawberries note does fade within a couple hours, so I'm left with the fruity cereal and cream. Throw is pretty great, which is an added bonus. 

I was just gifted a full bottle of this perfume from a dear friend! Last year's Lilith's were amazing, and I bought more bottles and decants to try than I ever had before. Yet I passed on this one, because milky fruity cereal is something I never consume and don't want to smell like. However, I am very familiar with Fruit Loops as it is still one of my husband's favorite breakfast cereals.

I initially sniffed and applied from the bottle without reading up on the notes. First impression, is that milk chocolate? Uh oh, that won't work for me. Then sweet fruit... berries.. creamy... Ah yes, I bet this is Lilith's strawberries!

Read the notes and yep, it's all here. Sweet creamy fruity, very pretty. Not a "me" scent at all, however. 

I will see what my little grandson thinks. If he likes it, it will be one I can wear with him and let him try as well. A lovely gift and very sentimental(scentimental)!

5/16/23

I pulled this out to wear after a very long time, possibly even since I originally reviewed it. After aging for over a year, I can actually smell the strawberries on my skin! This is still a very sweet creamy youthful berry scent and not what I typically would wear. But it's a gloomy wet spring day today and I wanted something different. This is perfect! Sweet pretty and cheerful, and I'm getting ready to pick up my grandson from school. I will see what he thinks now that it's aged, but I'm pretty sure he's going to love it. 

Edited by Poenari
Updated review!

I really love foody scents and strawberries so I was excited to give this one a try.

In the imp, I mostly smell the heavy cream and milk notes. The vanilla bean sweetens the milk note and the strawberries smell a bit tart.

On the skin, I can smell the strawberries (they smell like freeze dried strawberries in cereal to me). The cream reminds me of Drop Dead Ghoulish. 

Lovely scent but fades very quickly on my skin.