Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A grounding, soothing scent that is reminiscent of leaf-strewn forest moss and pine amber sunlight filtered through the tangled, comforting embrace of redwood branches.

In the decant: Evergreen and wood notes, with a blast of something green and mossy. As it dries down, the green notes fade in favor of the evergreen and wood notes, staying pretty consistently evergreen-forward with a hint of those mossy, green notes after drydown. The effect is less Pine-Sol and more sticking your nose into some fresh pine branches. If you like evergreen or woody scents, this is definitely one to try.

Starts off with a green, slightly mossy pine - like snapping a pine branch.  It's the evergreen needles and sweet sappy wood with a little moss hanging off.  Then it dries down to a sweet redwood with evergreen lingering in the background.  Finally, before it disappears, it's just sweet redwood.  It's the most beautiful forest smell I've experienced - like moving from the outside to the inside of a tree until you get to the sweet heartwood. 

This is a nice forest scent. A bit of sweet pine and lots of leafy greenness and moss, with rough redwood. Not at all a sweet Yule forest scent, this doesn't have the cold wind aspect. This makes me think of a forest in the summer, the scent of wood permeating the hot air. 

Epidote Phoenix is a lovely forest scent. It features a realistic pine needle note backed by the sweet redwood and moss, and it is definitely the scent of sunlight streaming through a coniferous forest during the summer.

If you're a fan of Theoi Nomioi, you will probably enjoy Epidote Phoenix as well. I already have several bottles of that scent, and I have a bottle of The Forest of the Empress, which I love even more, so I am not sure I need to spring for a whole bottle of this. But if I didn't already have those scents in my collection, I would be contemplating a bottle of this one. :) (I'll be retesting my decant before this goes away just to be sure, though.)

Edited by doomsday_disco

Freshly on, Epidote smells like a wind from within sun-speckled forest depths. Fresh green pine (a little sticky with its sap) over mosses and rustic redwood dried and warmed by the sun. Sometimes the fresh pine and rough redwood combine in my nose to remind me of dried, rust-colored pine needles.

The sunny forest feel of this reminds me most of Theoi Nomioi. I can also see a comparison to Forest of the Empress, my favorite forest blend.

I also think I will need to retest this just to be sure I don't need a bottle for the forest collection.

Epidote Phoenix is really outstanding.  It's exactly what I wanted Theoi Nomioi to be; it's Golden Priapus without the vanilla; it's like walking into a Pacific Northwest evergreen forest.  For my skin chemistry, Epidote is the most realistic and long-lasting forest scent I have tried, and it has a little throw, which for me is a lot of throw.  This is totally gender neutral.  If you want to embody the spirit of a pine tree, this is perfect. 

Redwood and pine, and a whiff of amber, but my skin chemistry eats this up. Sad, because I sort of really love this.

Exactly what the description says. Holy moly I love this! It smells like the perfect hike: sun warmed evergreens wafting in the air, a hint of amber with a bit of the best cologne I've ever smelled. Sorry this review isn't great, I just needed to exclaim how amazing this is. I love it.

Eta: This is still beautiful but it has become very cologne-y. 

Edited by HerbGirl

Bottle: Very fresh and evergreen; smells like freshly snapped pine branches.
Wet: Evergreen mania!
Dry: Softer, more of the moss is coming through. Feels like being in a sunlight-warmed forest.
Overall: This is an extremely nostalgic scent for me - I spent a lot of my childhood in the PNW hiking and clamoring through the forests in my neighborhood. 11/10 would recommend if you love walking through the woods!

Wet: Green with some wood.  Almost Christmas tree.

Semi-dry: That's not Pine-Sol but it definitely has a cleanser note developing and I don't like that a pencil shavings smell is coming with it.  No no no no no no no.

Dry: The cleanser tang falls back.  The smell of freshly molested/disturbed evergreen is there.  Warm.  

I'm glad I took a chance on this.  I want to layer it with a rain note for "Yosemite in the summer" kind of vibe. 

Smells like standing in a coniferous forest on a sunny day. Sort of similar to Theoi Nomioi, but warmer and without the campfire and stone.