Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary

Sometimes simple is wonderful!  We have two notes here and they are having fun battling each other out on my skin!

In the Bottle: Cherry with patchouli incense

On the Skin: At first a bright cherry bomb that is quickly smoked down with a beautiful, rich patchouli. Very dark and heady!

Dry Down: A little less cherry, but occasionally wins over this incredibly rich patchouli woods, but a very elegant one.  Not overkill, yet strong and long lasting.

The patchouli reminds me of a metaphysical store I used to go to back in the 80's, which is sadly now gone.  They must have burnt a lot of patchouli incense. But the cherry in this sweetens and warms it up nicely.  It gives me a balance I really appreciate and works well together. The patchouli definitely wins out and I wish the cherry lasted a little longer, but it still has a hint of fruit in it several hours later.  This is making me very sentimental and wanting to pull out all my oldest tarot decks and books from that shop! 

Cherry patchouli. On wet, I could smell of the black cherry, but as it dries, the patchouli comes out and its definitely a cherry patchouli blend. Medium throw and wear length.

This is a drier, woodier patchouli. The cherry doesn't hang around long, but that could be my chemistry that just sucks it up quick. I think patchouli incense is fairly accurate. It's nice, but not overpowering. I can see cherry fans being disappointed in this.