Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Tea Roses and Lace

An opium-addled Victorian Easter: sugar-spun vanilla lace, black tea with cream, black tobacco and opium tar, a smear of chocolate, lavender-iced cookie crumbs, wilted tea roses, a burst of pink peony, green cognac, and a lacquered white musk.

Roses, cookie crumbs, burst of light florals and vanilla lace. This one is a much more foodie Lace than Queen Mab's lace, very Victorian in feel. Low throw and medium wear length on me though.

This was a surprise hit for me!  The tea rose is there, and it is lovely and soft and nicely grounded with the lace background.  But it's not an "in your face" kind of rose at all, and there is no trace of sourness that rose sometimes has on my skin.  Sadly, it doesn't last long (only a tiny hint of lacy rose 5 hours later.  But it's a definite keeper! 

I let this settle for a day before trying mine.

In the bottle, I get vanilla, cream, pink peony and rose, a bit of tea, crumbs, and chocolate. The cognac was much stronger the day it arrived, but the scent is softer and creamier now.

On me, I get the rose and peony, vanilla, lavender-iced cookie crumbs, and cognac. There's some tobacco and black tea lurking in the background. The chocolate really is just a smear. The vanilla becomes stronger once the scent is dry, and the main players are the vanilla, peony, and tea rose on me. The vanilla, peony, and rose make it a more vanilla-ed cousin to De Vos' Unicorn. I get more of the peony at first, but the rose is the stronger of the two flowers after a few hours of wear. They aren't sharp whatsoever, thanks to the vanilla. The chocolate has returned to mix with the vanilla and floral notes, but there's just a touch of it. It's the perfect Lace for Easter! :wub2:

I'm so happy to have this Lace in my collection! :dance:

I was early to school so I was debating if I should work on my project or review my two laces I just got in the mail. Gonna go with the latter. Duh! 

First of all if you liked Carinolin and Lace, get this. I sold my bottle of CL and I kinda regretted it but now I’m happy because Tea Rose and Lace is like CL but a bit heavier, less fluffy, sweet and girly which I actually like even better. Definitely keeping this bottle. ❤️

Edited by Asal Nouri

Wet: Vanilla, tea, roses, peony, and chocolate. Creamy florals! The tea note is stronger than I thought it would be, and the chocolate is kind of tempering the floral notes for me. 

Dry: It feels like all the notes are fighting for their place in the spotlight. I can smell vanilla, roses, peony, chocolate, tobacco, and a smidgen of lavender. The tea note was overpowered by the other notes, I think. 

I do like this and will enjoy my bottle, but the creaminess from the wet stage is really missing from the dry down. I think aging will help bring everything together, though!

The green congac in this reminds me of Emerald Lace in a good way! I dab cleavage and wrists and the florals burn off my wrists almost immediately, leaving a slightly foodie, delicious lace behind that is very like Crinoline and Lace. The cleavage dabs don't lose florals as fast, and after a few hours there's still whiffs of peony. This is one of those laces that is a 'room lace' rather than a 'person lace' in it's story telling. Lovely, and I'll be keeping my back up!

DForgot I amp rose, and tbh tea rose is like my least favorite. So on me it is ROSE with a background of faint lace and cognac. It isn’t as bad as I thought it would be, but it also isn’t really a scent I want to wear. Oh well. I am sure this is lovely on those who don’t amp the crap out of rose.

Edited by Deceitfuldescender

Some blends stray away from the classic Black Lace base scent and show a lighter or cleaner perspective of that vanilla cream tobacco cognac laciness we all love. This one doesn't stray. The base is strongly similar to the strength of Black Lace. Add peony and cookie crumbles and chocolate and a touch of light rose. Its sweet deep creamy and floaty at the same time. Kinda Black Lace with pink florals and chocolate bunnies? I love it!

This was an interesting scent. Based on the name, I expected it would be very rose-forward. However, on my skin it's predominately cookie crumbs, black tea, and vanilla lace with a small whiff of tea roses in the background. It smells very foodie, like a Victorian tea party. I like it quite a bit but not at all what I expected.

In the bottle, it's creamy vanilla tobacco that take the stage. On my skin, it changes to a dusty rose in black tea. I don't know if it agrees with my chemistry, after trying it a few times newly decanted last year and again today. 

After about ten minutes on the skin, the tobacco is still there and now the bit of chocolate. If I was to blind smell this, I would have no idea the notes besides florals, as it ends up blending together so seamlessly. Definitely lacey and very pretty overall.

My first impression is lacey tobacco and backed faintly by the tea roses and more strongly by the black tea.  It's not strongly floral though.  More like a Victorian parlor with a bouquet of roses in the room somewhere.  The peony begins to creep in, but again, less floral, and more just an impression of freshness.  The white musk makes everything a bit hazy and the chocolate is there, but very subtle.  It's pretty, but not at all what I would call foody on me.  The typical lace notes are by far the most prevalent thing on my skin, and the floral and chocolate kinda get lost in the shuffle.  This is nice, but I think other lace blends have worked better on my chemistry.  

I was so delighted to get a bottle of this recently.  I previously had a (now mostly empty) decant and the sugary vanilla was the main player with sweet rose jam and hints of dry black tea and tobacco smoke.  I loved the thick sweetness mixed with the darker, slightly bitter notes. 
The bottle that I have now comes across as less vanilla and sugar, no black tea, and more of a spiced, woody tobacco with a stronger red rose.  It's darker and almost menacing and made me think of blends like Rose Red and Pulcinella & Teresina.  I wish that it were closer to the scent of the decant, but it's still a lovely scent and I love the label artwork.