Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
friendthegirl

Ice Queen

A majestic blend of precious pale musks, brittle winter blossoms, spruce, and frozen winter fruits.

This smells just like frozen winter fruits! I smell some floral too...which I love! It's a very cold scent and I would love this during the winter! I will need to covet my imp till then. I don't see how anyone would not like this!

In the imp: Icy fruits and snow covered pines, and dare I say a hint of mint?

On Skin: The pine is there, but unlike other snowy blends, it does not threaten to take over my skin (my problem with Skadi). This is one of the few blends that makes me think actual 'snow' (Snow Bunny makes me think of someone that has just come off the slopes). It's icy and minty with a hint of pine, fruits and florals.

On Drydown: Still chilly, but there is a sweetness to it. Again, slightly floral and fruity. Slightly haughty, slightly aloof.

Verdict: At the beginning, I wasn't feeling the love. I am now. This is very much the scent of someone who loves the snow, and can be as remote and chilly as a snow covered mountain. Beautiful.

I get mostly pale flowers with lots of snow, no fruits to speak of. I do think this is really pretty but I think that I will pass my hard-earned imp of it on to someone that will love it more. :P

Oh, I love this so much. I only have one little imp of it, is it truly is my preciousssss.

It reminds me of Lightning, only more feminine. It has the same watery ozone note, but with a distinct chill...while Lightning is a summer storm on the ocean, Ice Queen is a blizzard in a forest.

Love. Love, love, love. I guess there's no hope of finding a 5ml...maybe it'll be re-released. If it does, I am so buying more.

I just got this in a swap today and I am in love.

In the vial I smell ice covered evergreen trees and dark florals. It is earthy, cold, and lightly sweet.

On my wrist, it remains the same. Perhaps the evergreen is a bit amped but not much.

It didn't last as long as some of the other cold Yule scents do (like Skadi, Darkling thrush, Snow flakes) but it didn't disappear either.

This is a beautiful scent. Another one I wish would be re-released so I could own a bottle.

This was extremely hard to acquire.

It's a lovely blend, mostly icy cold winter air, like what you smell on a really cold day, after days of snowing just before you enter a forest. I don't get any of the sweetness other people mentioned or the musks (I sooo wanted the musks!)

This one is wonderfully blended perfect for people who love cold,icy scents. Alas, I have this problem with icy scents (as with coffee): they make me feel ravenously hungry, so I am afraid I won't be wearing this much. Maybe during a heat wave in the summer only... It really deserves better than that!

ETA: grammar

Edited by ifinena

Brr, this is chilly!

There is a hint of pine or juniper, with a cool woolmitten/snow note and an icy, aquatic base. It's a high-pitched whistling winter wind.

People who are drawn to snow/aquatic blends should definitely try to grab bits of the Ice Queen.

I happen to not be one of those people, so I will be passing my sniffie along to share. It kind of almost gives me a headache....It's just too fresh for me, even though I can appreciate why it has so many fans.

2.5 out of 5

In the bottle: Fruit, spruce-y woods.

Wet: Fruit, flowers, woods, and arctic breezes - this IS an icy fragrance. The woods in this are almost spicy - i guess that's the spruce - it's pretty strong. The fruit is not too sweet though. The musk is very light, and my skin usually amps musk.

Dry: The flowers and musk fade, leaving spruce and fruit, the spruce dominating. It reminds me of Undertow, a bit.

Summary: Not of fan of piney/evergreen stuff.

I cannot believe I got a decant of this. Still.

In the Imp

There's fruitiness, almost, and a sweet piney scent happening. It smells "chilly" which is awesomely cool (both literally and metaphorically) and something citrus-- grapefruit I'm guessing at a pinch. Interestingly enough, it does have a hint of "aged" about it, but it hasn't aged badly at all-- it's intense and the grapefruit isn't as sweet as I'm guessing it might have once been. There is something floral in there, too-- it's a quiet, white floral of some sort.

On Me

Pretty much the same, though it smells cleaner, and the spruce comes out to play. PLUS, a sworn enemy of mine-- EUCALYPTUS!?!?! What are you doing here? Oh, complimenting this fucken AMAZING blend. You can stay. Actually, I'm starting to think that if any fragrance is going to sway me on eucalyptus, it's going to be Ice Queen.

Damn, this is gorgeous. I know, I know, everyone wants it, she's the unattainable, chilly and beautiful Ice Queen.

Yet she's managed to melt my heart.

A light, eucalyptus clean scent. She reminds me of an ice queen living in a crystalline cast of snow, cold, and chill. I like it...however...a decant of this definitely enough.

I discovered Snow White worked on me, so I gave this one a try. It was kinda nice wet, but once it dried it was really light, almost gone but with a little bit of the snow and fruits left to not be a total fade. Ice Queen is sadly not my ruling lady.

Ooooh yes, this does remind me of Snow White.

Sniffing the bottle, it's snow covered evergreens and mint.

On my skin, it's minty floral with evergreen, pine, and aquatic notes.

The more it dries, a musky note is added to the above notes.

A wonderful winter scent.

Cold, slightly sweet, slightly tart and all-out beautiful. I love how the crystalline white musk wraps everything else in an icy scent, and the evergreens, mint and berries are just beautiful. I do get sweetness out of this blend because my skin amps anything sweet, so the berries really show up on me, and do I ever love winter-berry scents. Totally worth it:wub2:

Edited by Invidiana

The imp: reminds me of Titianna without her sweetness.

Wet: At first it smells of evergreen and then it starts to get chilly.

Dry: A cool minty smell trumps the evergreen as it dries. The trees are still there in the background, but I'm mostly getting the cold wind and the snow note.

Sprucy fruit and white blossoms. Very sharp at first, so much so that I actually coughed a bit until the scent decided to settle down. Must use sparingly, since the throw on this one is enormous. Wasn't sure I liked it at first, mostly because it made me cough, but I'm starting to warm up to it as the scent mellows.

Smooth and cold without being too much so. This is definitely the Queen! Wow, I hope this gets released for a future Yule because now I know what I'm missing.

This is a wonderful, chilly bright snow scent - definitely the best of the "ozone-y" ones I have tried. It smells like ozone, fruit and a light dusting of white florals. This is super pretty and I love it!

Lovely snow note, berries, and minty vanilla. This is not a sharp blend at all, if anything, it's creamy iced berries, not getting any floral, which is fine by me. This is a keeper for sure. It does fade fairly fast on me, though, only lasting a few hours, which is not too bad, could be worse. Glad to have a bottle, I'll probably use it more in the summer months.

I picked up my bottle of Ice Queen on etsy. I'm not totally sure why, since I don't wear pine scents, other than I thought, "heeeeey, this is a 2004 Yule!" But I'm glad I did. Freshly on, it certainly is evergreen, and a cold evergreen to boot, but it isn't the normal total turnoff that pine/spruce/balsam are usually. The snow scent sort of hovers around the edges of the scent and makes it really appealing. I don't smell the flowers or fruits per se, and the musks only faintly, but I'm really pleased.

I think Ice Queen may be a cousin of Skadi, but not as good. :P I mainly get slushy, slightly mentholated snow infused with musk. Since this is very aged, it could be that notes like the spruce and berries were more prominent when they were in their prime, but it's mostly about the snow on me.

I'm really glad I got to try this, but I can't see myself reaching for this over Skadi, or other snow scents in my collection.

Edited by doomsday_disco