Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Janel Kisner

The Goddess of Mischief

Lilith has a ton of empathy for the God of Mischief. I think many kids identify with Loki because they know what it’s like to be passed over, to be ignored in favor of a shinier relative or friend, and what it feels like to not be as strong or powerful as some of your peers. He may be evil(ish), but he has a sense of humor and a grasp of irony that kids relate to, and that’s worth its weight in Alfheimian gold nuggets.

Thor is great and all, but Loki has /gone through some shit/, and Lilith respects that.

But what are the main reasons why Lilith digs Loki? “He looks like me, and he’s really funny.”

Girl!Loki costume by Chrissy Lynn!

White lavender and sweet amber, green oudh, and inky musk.

Lilith: The Goddess of Mischief is such a trickster! When I first sniffed, it was overwhelmingly straight up EO lavender. Last night, I figured it might be a good nighttime scent... huge mistake! It morphed into something so complex and gorgeous, I couldn't stop sniffing. All of the notes commingle beautifully into something that smells super expensive; the expensive perfume you wear to a very special date night or event. The lavender becomes sweet, and the oudh and musk are light but make this perfume very sexy... which feels so wrong. Definitely a scent that will make you feel like a goddess, or a god.

I got mainly inky musky oudh and a touch of lavender to soften it up with a bit of amber. It's dark musky blend (not too dark, but dark enough). Good throw and wear length.

I don't even know how to properly describe this one, except that I love it. Of the six Lilith decants I received, this was the only home run for me. It applies wet with a blast of lavender, and then quickly morphs into something that reminds me of OLLA Adam's little sister. Maybe it's just the mental Hiddleston connection between Loki and Adam, but something about the musk and lavender in this scent immediately brought to mind the leather scent in Adam, but softer, sweeter, and less aggressive. The wear length was middling, but my skin does tend to eat perfumes. Definitely a bottle buy for me.

SO interesting that Ragamuffin mentioned metal because at least I know I'm not going crazy here!

IN THE IMP: I know this sounds weird but the first image I got was when I was a kid and would root around in my mom's old pocketbooks, filled with old tissues and lipstick and loose change and tobacco. That musty and musky and metallic blend of nostalgia.

Applied to wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: I'm getting the weirdest combination of "new car smell" and something almost industrial ... metal, leather, rubber (like rubber footmats) ... very masculine.

INITIAL DRYDOWN: The lavender does rise as it dries down but it's ... for lack of a better way to describe it ... "guy" lavender and not "girl" lavender ... more of a cologne than light sachet and herbs blowing in a Provence field.

FINAL DRYDOWN: It is a very interesting and complex scent. It evokes cars, machines, manly men doing things with calloused hands and then putting on cologne for an evening out.

VERDICT: Definitely not for me but buy some for the man in your life if you like lavender and maybe fool him into thinking it's called God of Mischief. ;)

Wet: Lavender and...something? Hmm. Smells a bit like chemicals, the way some leather notes do on me (but it doesn't actually smell like leather). I wonder if the "inky musk" has an actual ink component to it? Reading above, I see others have speculated maybe metal, but I don't think that's it. I amp metal to high heaven and can pick it out immediately. This is like....latex? Band-Aids? The lavender note reminds me of the one from TKO, actually, and does not remind me of what I think of as "Lilith's Lavender". This gets softer as it dries, and that weird note blends in and almost disappears. It's getting quite pleasant, actually. Very relaxing.

Dry: Soft, faint lavender - very clean and light. I kind of forgot about this for a couple hours, and am just catching the faint final dry down. It's not very long lasting, and it has little throw. There are other lavender scents I like much better, but it is different and interesting. I may give it another test another day.

I'm trying this scent for the first time, and I've fallen under its spell.

It does start with a blast of lavender. I get hints of most of the other unlisted notes that others above have commented on. There is a definite leather feeling, a metallic vibe, and a hint of band-aid, all notes I'm not a huge fan of. Yet I still find myself unable to stop nomming my arm.

It's a clean, elegant, and fascinating.

Will have to try again, but this might be a full bottle.

In the decant: This reminds me of lavender and leather. Perhaps it's the inky musk and the green oudh that's giving it a 'leather' vibe to my nose.

Wet: The lavender note is the most prominent, and I'm glad, because that's what I was hoping for! This is a soft, herbal lavender, like a lavender sachet you might put in your drawer. I am not getting any of the leatheriness that I was getting inside the decant.

Dry: The lavender continues to reign, backed by the inky musk. The amber and oudh are there, but I have to press my nose really close to my arm to smell those notes. After a while, the inky musk, possibly in collaboration with the oudh, does end up giving me that leather vibe that I originally got from the decant.

After a few hours of wear, I mainly get the resins.

Verdict: I normally prefer my lavender with something sweet (like vanilla), but I enjoy this. I'm going to give it a full day's wear before deciding whether or not I need to upgrade to a bottle, but in any case, I will certainly cherish my decant.

I'm getting mostly strong lavender, (maybe the white variety is stronger?) and a touch of leather, which I know isn't listed, but that's what I get. Becomes softer, and I like it, but I have so many lavender blends, that I'm not ever going to get through them all.

I've tried this a couple of times now cause I really REALLY want to love this, but I just... don't get that excited about this. On my skin this is a glowy strong amber with lots of lavender, and that inky musk swirling in there. I'm not a huge fan of the first two to begin with but these can work for me if blended well (and they are in here, don't get me wrong), however I just don't think I like the ink note. So if you're not a fan of that note you might not like it either, but otherwise it was worth trying!

I really want to love this, but I'm getting a weird leather smell which seems to be the oudh and musk duking it out. There was a brief moment before drydown where I got a lovely amber lavender with some oudh, but I am getting sueded lavender now and it's really strong and I do. not. like. I put a small dab on my arm and I can still smell it through two layers of clothes. So sad!

Wet on my wrist the Goddess of Mischief is a strong, realistic lavender. I love lavender but my skin tends to eat it right up, and that happens here as well. I was not sure what to expect of green oudh, and I'm not sure I can really distinguish that note. So once the lavender evaporates, after about an hour, I'm left with amber and musk, and if that's what I want I can just wear Haunted. I may try this in a scent locket to see if I can experience all the notes together.

I am really trying to get a relationship with this scent. But the scent is interferring. As a researcher, I must figure out whats 'wrong'. Or can it ever be wrong...so far, all bpal scents have amazed me. This one does the reverse.

In bottle:

First snif gets a feeling of "Ok, I am done with lavender." There is a sharpness to the lavender + ink + oudh combi that makes my brain go wtf in loops. Sniffing more, I get an image of a dark beautiful yet dead fairy hiding nearby. Clean. The inky musk is probably what I should avoid from now on...

On skin:

The unsettling tone remains. Gets warmer (amber), but there is something in the corner of your eye that to me remains unsettling. Thereby: annoying (in my personal taste). An image of a a whip comes up but vanishes to a dark, smokey, shiny, slinky scale of black without a trace of earlier images.

After one hour:

Ok, finally warmer, more balanced. The fairy doesnt seem evil now. Behind the curtain of beauty, she's really a monster. This is not the right scent for me. Too much lavender + inkstuff.

Conclusion (before aging)

This is okay for me as a decant, but I had a different image based on the initial description... Maybe thought it would be dark, but sweeter. The ink isnt working for me, and the lavender is very sharp. Unfortunately, this scent just doesn't fit "me" (at all).

For me this is too dark and dominating.

I will put this to rest and see what happens in a year or so, because I have the feeling it gets warmer in time.

When the scent was just new, it lingered 24hours, but fortunately it doesnt atm.

Conclusions after aging:
In fresh, I didnt like this scent at all. Not because it isnt well-blended. It is. But because it was annoying, in a way (lavender + ink combi).

After 4 months, the scent is more balanced, warmer, ripe. It remains slinky. Slightly irritates my sensible skin if I put more than one drop at the wrist, as a side note.

After 7 months, this is more balanced, but also more boring, on my skin. The too sharp lavender has calmed down, but with it, it lost a bit of its speciality. However, for me, this works MUCH better now.

Edited by zazkea

In bottle: A cool, pale, lavender dominant scent.  The oudh adds a touch of green wood, the amber resin lends a gentle a grounding and bridge to the musk.  There real is an inky feel to the musk.  Wet: Still lavender dominent, but sexier on the skin as the amber and musk warm.  The oudh is understated, but really lovely with the lavander, and combined wth the touch of ink it all makes one think of a love poem just finished with a sprig of lavender attached for effect.  Dry: Mostly the inky musk.